SEVS Interim arrangements List

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
KFD
Noobie

SEVS Interim arrangements List

Post by KFD »

what EVs are on the current SEVS Interim arrangements List ?? I have just been looking but ended up with a headache :roll: so I thought I would just shout out
thx in advance
K
KFD
Noobie

Re: SEVS Interim arrangements List

Post by KFD »

so ..No one knows or ?
I am just looking for info out in the common field at the current situation ..I can see this post is being viewed
K.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

I finally looked up Google to find what an SEVS list was ... and discovered it is the import vehicle list.
Look at one of the importers, Iron Chef Imports is the branch that does imports out of the US and each other branch has a name that suits the country they are importing from .... they have a good question and answer section but basically, from what I can remember from the talk at the Adelaide branch meeting by these people,
It can only be vehicles not imported into Australia, not brands but models
There is an age limit that makes it $$ viable to do it
The model must make it through the test process to qualify it for Australian road use and registration

and there were a few other requirements that I can't remember

Places like J Spec also list vehicle you can import and a rough idea of the all up cost ..... a word of warning, if you personally import a vehicle and it is a model that isn't approved, they crush it at the wharf .....

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn
antiscab

Post by antiscab »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue, 20 Sep 2022, 13:14 Places like J Spec also list vehicle you can import and a rough idea of the all up cost ..... a word of warning, if you personally import a vehicle and it is a model that isn't approved, they crush it at the wharf .....
Have you had this unfortunate experience?

My dad worked for customs, and once had to shred a cherry red Ferrari :(
Matt
2023 BYD Atto 3 - 21k km
2017 Renault zoe - 147'000km
2012 Leaf - 101'000km - soon to be trialing a booster battery
2007 Vectrix - 197'000km (retired)
2007 Vectrix - 50k km
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

antiscab wrote: Wed, 21 Sep 2022, 11:14
T1 Terry wrote: Tue, 20 Sep 2022, 13:14 Places like J Spec also list vehicle you can import and a rough idea of the all up cost ..... a word of warning, if you personally import a vehicle and it is a model that isn't approved, they crush it at the wharf .....
Have you had this unfortunate experience?

My dad worked for customs, and once had to shred a cherry red Ferrari :(
I've not suffered that one personally, but a "friend" sent me photos of the lump that was once a "fully spec'ed" drift prepared Impreza that he thought he was rather clever self importing to avoid those "outrageous" fees the importers were asking ...... No idea if it was actually his car or a photo he'd found on the interweb .... he did like to talk a bit of crap when ever anyone would listen, so .....

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn