Axpert VM3000-24 Plus ( PIP 2424 MSXE, PIP 3024 MSXE)

non-EV Solar, Wind and other renewable power sources
non-EV batteries and other energy storage stuff
Forum rules
Important!
This forum is for discussion of Non-EV matters.
Dzima
Noobie

Axpert VM3000-24 Plus ( PIP 2424 MSXE, PIP 3024 MSXE)

Post by Dzima » Tue, 07 May 2019, 22:57

Hello,

Please i need help with inverter Axpert VM3000-24 Plus. ( PIP2424MSXE, PIP3024MSXE, PIP-2424MSXE, PIP-3024MSXE, PIP 2424 MSXE, PIP 3024MSXE)

After it was left for one day with PV panels connected, and disconnected battery its start to show error 53 and error 08.

Right now

If i connect only battery to (OFF) inverter and no AC 220v Load, then i switch it (ON) its beeps couple time then shows output AC voltage 6-7v,
and get error 53.
https://youtu.be/gunH4E-6PvE

If i connect battery to (OFF) inverter and 220 V to AC IN, and no load to AC OUT, and switch (ON), its first shows bypass and then try to charge battery and imitatively shuts of showing error 08.
https://youtu.be/L9HIMU5yKvo

If i connect battery to (OFF) inverter, and connected solar panel to DC IN, its automatically turns ON by itself and start to charge battery. If i turn a switch (ON) its starts to show error 53 and its become not possible to turn it OFF even if switch if OFF its still beeps and shows error 53 only disconnect from battery will turn it OFF.
https://youtu.be/8-bFQEYKqRg

I cant find any service manuals for this model except other close model
http://forums.aeva.asn.au/uploads/4111/ ... 01506A.pdf

As to reference codes 53 its internal components fail.
i dissembled it and visually no damage is detectable on components no burns on components.

As for 08 code is possible firmware bug as said in manual.

Please help is any way i can fix it or its already dead?
To send it for service is commercially non reasonable.
Visually no damage inside.

Please where can i find a firmware file for this model to flash it and service manual to check components?

Thanks.

coulomb
Site Admin

Re: Axpert VM3000-24 Plus ( PIP 2424 MSXE, PIP 3024 MSXE)

Post by coulomb » Wed, 08 May 2019, 07:47

Welcome, Dzima. Thanks for titling and formatting your posts like our other PIP-XXXX topics.
Dzima wrote:
Tue, 07 May 2019, 22:57
After it was left for one day with PV panels connected, and disconnected battery its start to show error 53 and error 08.
So error 53 (fault code 53) is inverter soft start fail (as opposed to bus soft start fail, error 09). Error 08 (fault code 08) is bus voltage too high.
If i connect only battery to (OFF) inverter and no AC 220v Load, then i switch it (ON) its beeps couple time then shows output AC voltage 6-7v,
and get error 53.
An output voltage that low indicates a very sick inverter stage.
If i connect battery to (OFF) inverter and 220 V to AC IN, and no load to AC OUT, and switch (ON), its first shows bypass and then try to charge battery and imitatively shuts of showing error 08.
Some 24 V models have a separate AC-DC converter (battery charger), others seem to use the inverter in reverse to charge the battery (like the 5 kVA models do). It looks like yours may be one of the latter, and the faulty inverter is causing the bus voltage to go too high, only when the inverter-charger attempts to utility charge the battery.
If i connect battery to (OFF) inverter, and connected solar panel to DC IN, its automatically turns ON by itself and start to charge battery.
This is normal. There is a special start circuit to wake up the inverter when solar power is available.
If i turn a switch (ON) its starts to show error 53 and its become not possible to turn it OFF even if switch if OFF its still beeps and shows error 53 only disconnect from battery will turn it OFF.
That may be normal behaviour; the firmware seems to not switch itself off (LC Display goes dark) if there is a charging source (AC-in or PV). Howver, it is supposed to turn the inverter off regardless of available charge sources.
I cant find any service manuals for this model except ...
This Axpert MKS 1~3KVA 24V Service manual (unfortunately for the non-plus models) may be a fair bit closer. It even has some partial schematics.
Axpert MKS 1-3KVA Service manual 20130611.pdf
(848.98 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Please help is any way i can fix it or its already dead?
It certainly appears to be damaged, and you may be able to repair it, depending on your repair skills.
Please where can i find a firmware file for this model to flash it and service manual to check components?
I have an old firmware or two for 24 V models. What main (U1) firmware version do you have now? Even with fault codes showing, you should be able to use the up and down buttons to cycle to a screen showing the main firmware version number. [ Edit: Oops! The last video shows main firmware version 20.13. ] But I very much doubt that your problem is firmware related.
Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, PIP-4048MS inverter, 16 kWh battery.
1.4 kW solar with 1.2 kW Latronics inverter and FIT.
160 W solar, 2.5 kWh 24 V battery for lights.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.

coulomb
Site Admin

Re: Axpert VM3000-24 Plus ( PIP 2424 MSXE, PIP 3024 MSXE)

Post by coulomb » Wed, 08 May 2019, 09:31

coulomb wrote:
Wed, 08 May 2019, 07:47
I have an old firmware or two for 24 V models.
Alas, nothing like yours.
Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, PIP-4048MS inverter, 16 kWh battery.
1.4 kW solar with 1.2 kW Latronics inverter and FIT.
160 W solar, 2.5 kWh 24 V battery for lights.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.