Online delivering

Introductions, general chit chat and off-topic banter.
Nagaman

Online delivering

Post by Nagaman »

The staggeringly obvious EV is the one that doesn’t spend it’s day stop/start idling……(which we are exposed to almost daily these days) silent, clean, cheap fuel, perfect for the very they will experience as delivery vehicles.
Talk about the bleeding obvious ! So where are they ?
sleeperpservice
Groupie

Re: Online delivering

Post by sleeperpservice »

Aussie post

https://thedriven.io/2019/02/05/austral ... -vehicles/

I know what you mean though. Hopefully the upcoming tax changes for fleet vehicles will encourage more of this
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

Australia Post employs a private contractor using (what they can afford) in our area ……a dirty crude fragile noisy diesel …..because there are plenty of cheap noisy crude fragile noisy diesels available second hand I guess.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Our local parcel post delivery bloke was asking about what size full electric vans (about the size of the van he has now) that can be imported from Japan ...... he is just one of many.
So there is serious interest in an EV van that has a 200km plus range around these parts. The other interest in the larger van size EV is the motorhome/campervan market, but they want better than 400km range .... no idea why, most of them wouldn't do much more than 100kms a day, but they are getting scared off by the 12 hrs plus quoted by some sources to recharge the battery ....... These are free camp RV travellers, not the caravan park hoppers who could plug in each afternoon, they are generally at the caravan park destination by 2 pm :? the free camper are anywhere from 4pm for happy hr to early hrs of the morning for those attempting to travel long distances in as short an amount of time as possible. The latter might be persuaded to upgrade to a hybrid or even a PHEV, but these people are the true "splash and dash" refuellers that would be dirty on themselves or whoever delayed them if the stop was more than 15 mins .....

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn
sleeperpservice
Groupie

Post by sleeperpservice »

Was wondering the price of the Renault Kangoo, think they'll honour the advertised price lol
SmartSelect_20221124_100355_Chrome.jpg
SmartSelect_20221124_100355_Chrome.jpg (182.74 KiB) Viewed 80 times
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

Tell ‘em they’re joking.
We should be able to beat ‘em down. 😃
drlizau
Groupie

Post by drlizau »

T1 Terry wrote: Thu, 24 Nov 2022, 08:19 The other interest in the larger van size EV is the motorhome/campervan market, but they want better than 400km range .... no idea why,
I'm stuck working until the RVEV is available :(
And I could be going places where there is more than 400km between stops so I'll also need wads of roll-out solar panels.
Anyway Terry, how is it now we are really sending those extra GL of water to South Australia?? We've still got plenty to send over the coming months.
2017 Leaf 30kWh battery
2nd hand Japanese import
Solar powered as much as practical
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

drlizau wrote: Thu, 24 Nov 2022, 18:04
T1 Terry wrote: Thu, 24 Nov 2022, 08:19 The other interest in the larger van size EV is the motorhome/campervan market, but they want better than 400km range .... no idea why,
I'm stuck working until the RVEV is available :(
And I could be going places where there is more than 400km between stops so I'll also need wads of roll-out solar panels.
Anyway Terry, how is it now we are really sending those extra GL of water to South Australia?? We've still got plenty to send over the coming months.
Last week end the neighbourhood group cleared away the scrub overgrowth beside the escape road behind our house that winds up over the hill, the Sunday I joined them to shovel trailer loads of dirt onto and back off into wash away sections.
This morning we did a convoy drive with all the neighbourhood group in their vehicle to see if we could actually get out ...... the mighty taxi Prius did it no troubles, graded the track a bit with the catalytic converter in a few spots, but didn't spin the wheels once ... although that might be the traction control rather than good driving.
They are expecting the first peak in a week or so, it is already higher than the 2016 flood levels and they say 70 gigalitres are running over the top of Lock 1, our last line of defence. They expect a second peak at Christmas and a third in late Jan/early Feb with an estimated flow of 170 gigalitres. If it rains west of the dividing range but still in Qld, NSW and or Vic, it has to come past our front door, so we expect the road in front of the house will be flooded soon and not clear until late Feb/March .... and that's as long as it does rain in any of the areas already flood affected, that will just raise the flood level even higher and keep it there even longer.
The house will be fine, as will the workshop, town central is being levy walled and sand bagged, the Marina has already had the power shut off and all the jetties and wharves along the river are under water now, including the big paddle steamer ..... We have an IGA, fuel station and bottle shop close to the workshop up on the high ground so we should be ok, just need to get the batteries assembled and into the Silver Prius so we can solar charge them and use the stored energy at the house if they cut the power ....

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn
drlizau
Groupie

Post by drlizau »

Here's 4 minutes of the Mannum floods in 1956.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhHbxJmY3AE

I am sure that you will see more water flow through that the current predictions. For the last few days over 200GL/day (only 195 today) have been going through Bourke and that is only one of the three rivers directly connected to the system (Contrary to what I was taught in primary school, the Lachlan does not drain into the Bidgee but into the Great Cumbung Swamp, and in a year like this the swamp overflows into the Bidge
193GL/day are passing Wentworth Lock 10 today. That's past the confluence of the rivers. Lake Victoria can hold another 117GL to get to 100%. That is the only place where water can be delayed before the border which reported 131GL/day flow yesterday.
Refs: https://realtimedata.waternsw.com.au/?p ... &sofkm_url
https://riverdata.mdba.gov.au/map
2017 Leaf 30kWh battery
2nd hand Japanese import
Solar powered as much as practical