Now it works now it doesn’t

Tesla EVs Interest Group
Nagaman

Re: Now it works now it doesn’t

Post by Nagaman »

Today, from Murchison to Rushworth we slowed fm 100 to 80 as indicated but then accelerated in an ‘invented’ 90 zone then back to 80 at the second sign. It’s consistent behaviour at this location.
Nearer Bendigo in a 100 area, the cameras saw a side (unsealed) road works 40 speed sign which meant autopilot demanded regen and continue at 40. So no autosteer for the next 15 kms because there were no more 100 signs to clear the fault.
There has been no work on the promised giving space to large vehicles occupying the entire lane, either head-on or beside you…..not even an audible alert/swerve etc. Seeing what would happen if you left autopilot to itself is simply too unnerving.
philupandgo
Groupie

Post by philupandgo »

doggy wrote: Thu, 25 Aug 2022, 11:34 Re "Mordialloc fwy unknown".
I had a look on my car...
Funny, it didnt occur to me to sit in the car and drag the map. Then again if i had gone to the car i probably would have forgotten why i was there. ;)

As for making room for wide trucks, i assume they dropped that in favour of the beta stack. It is just lane keeping on AP and NoA can change lanes and not very gracefully. There are some surprises though.

In Melbourne, heading east off the Eastern Freeway to go north onto Bulleen Road, if still in AP (possibly only if NoA was just used) after waiting at the lights with the indicator on, the car will attempt to make the left turn. There are no lane markings on the actual curve, and it usually ends up bleeting with the take over immediately message. The last time i tried it, it ended up half over two lanes heading north and about to swerve when i took over. I have had other occasions where it tries to make a turn but gets too close to a curb and i take over. I hope there is some shadow mode FSD beta testing happening and it is bleeding into the actual driving.
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

I wonder how many beta testers get a bit tired and too lazy to go to work reporting each drive.
(Working for a company and paying for the pleasure should at least mean you can claim your charity work on your tax return)
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

Well last Sunday on the Goulburn Valley Highway the roadworks speed signs weren’t see at all………today they were seen.

Elon Musk told an audience at a Norwegian conference that he is still expecting FSD to be delivered by years end.
(that treadmill must be getting some sort of workout)

Apparently some think that blind spot warning has been delivered……it hasn’t - and giving someone in your blindspot a heart attack whilst your eyes roam about the cabin examining that image (hoping that the vehicle in front hasn’t had to brake suddenly) is just ridiculous…….a cheap box ticking exercise that can only satisfy shareholders.
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

Update 24.6 and things just get more crazy.
It’s as if the vehicle doesn’t know where it is - more invented speed zones - uncertainty with acceleration to the speed limit combined with intermittent braking/slowing.
Absolutely freaking out at the appearance of a cyclist on the shoulder, outside the lane markings…..swerving braking and (((BONGs))) aplenty.
When is an update going to be worth downloading without losing what you want to keep in the process.
Not happy Jane.
philupandgo
Groupie

Post by philupandgo »

I got it too in the last couple of days and just had my first drive into the city. This is the vision only release so the radar is disabled. It feels a bit more jittery because while it suffers all the same nervousness it tends to clip its bad reactions earlier. Where road markings briefly disappear it still darts into laybys, bus stops, side roads, but not as much as before. In stop start traffic it is still surge, brake, surge, braking but not as bad as before. Recently TACC/FSD cruise upper limit was raised from 130 to 140km/h and there it remains for vision only; and not the tragedy in Aus as it is deemed to be in the US. For US readers, 140km/h is almost 2mph faster than your 85mph limit so you might find you can get a bit more by switching to metric. I had already been using a follow distance of 2 for some weeks as i found it more comfortable in the stop start traffic on the way to work. That is now the minimum so no biggie for me. I cannot yet speak for phantom braking and auto high beam.

I get the impression that the visuallisation now tries to show more lanes as though they added another metre of displayed drivable space. This also seemed to happen when we first moved up to v11, or i might be imagining it. Also cars passing in the next lane no longer move near, away, near and away again on the screen as they did when each camera view was processed individually. A few releases ago it started showing only the car immediately ahead and i thought they might have been quietly testing with no radar. But now It also shows other cars further ahead if they are visible, such as on a curve or if they are bigger, but it forgets them as soon as they are occluded.

On the whole i am glad to be put onto vision only because it is a necessary precursor to the eventual roll out of FSD beta, whenever that may be.
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

I’m pretty sure our 6/21 updated SR+ didn’t come with the previous model’s radar……..so I’m thinking we have been subjected to camera vision only since new………and nothing based purely on vision has improved at all.
I’d sure like less blank useless screen and a return of the ever-so-useful CARDS……..along with improvements in ocular legibility for those of us who can afford to own one.
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

24.8 downloading now.
Why doesn’t the phone recognition automatically activate the driver preferences …….unless overridden of course……..?
doggy

Post by doggy »

Interesting, I had 2022.24.6 (for a while) and was wondering when I would get 2022.24.6.5 or 2022.24.8.

Then today, I received and installed 2022.28.1. No time to test it yet. Skipped the other two in-between releases.

Main thing mentioned in release notes was a choice of three routes for the Nav.
Renault Zoe ZE40, 2017
Tesla Model 3LR, 2021
11kWHr LiFePO4 AVASS battery with 5kW inverter
5kWHr LiFePO4 battery running all computers. comms, CCTV
4.7kW AC Enphase solar system
1kW DC solar system
16 evac tube HWS with 280L
AEVA and TOCA member
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

doggy wrote: Thu, 15 Sep 2022, 10:29 Main thing mentioned in release notes was a choice of three routes for the Nav.
I’m surprised that something as prosaic as waypoints have been such a laborious drawn out business……..something my ancient TomTom did brilliantly years ago.
( with speed camera updates, strange as it might seem, I’m almost tempted to stick it (the TomTom) on the useless screen space for nav purposes …….how sad is that……..fixating on games might be the real issue at Tesla)
doggy

Post by doggy »

I have TomTom on my Zoe and also on my phones. However, they do not take topography and weather and superchargers into account, which Tesla does brilliantly.
I also installed TomTom on my Android system in a Peugeot and it was better than the Zoe and equivalent to my phone. But I still prefer the Tesla system.

On my Zoe, I pay $100 per year for map updates (which are always a couple of years old) plus another $100 per annum for TomTom live. Even though I love our Zoe and it has the ability to do online updates there have been none for over 4 years. I have received 29 updates from Tesla in 1 year. Sure, some have been less than perfect but the systems are definitely better than they were a year ago.

Tesla was definitely inferior with no waypoints. However, I am happy with the recent ability to add WPs and shuffle them around and add/delete while on the move.
I'm also happy to have the blindspot feature particularly now I can move it on the screen.
Renault Zoe ZE40, 2017
Tesla Model 3LR, 2021
11kWHr LiFePO4 AVASS battery with 5kW inverter
5kWHr LiFePO4 battery running all computers. comms, CCTV
4.7kW AC Enphase solar system
1kW DC solar system
16 evac tube HWS with 280L
AEVA and TOCA member
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

I don’t navigate to Tesla SCs because I specifically don’t want preheating……I’m never in that much of a hurry.
I navigate to the adjacent coffee outlet .
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

U.S. drivers sue Tesla for misleading/false AP/FSD claims :
https://www.autonews.com/mobility-repor ... lot-claims
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

Driving through town today I selected ap at a tad beyond the acceptable (67) and it dutifully reduced to my 60+3 preference……then casually entering the 100 zone I noticed uncommanded acceleration but which quickly stopped at the earlier 67 which also wasn’t a commanded one.
I don’t know what to expect now.
philupandgo
Groupie

Post by philupandgo »

Yep, seen that too. It goes back to your previously set speed when returning to the same type of higher speed zone. Just like an old fashioned cruise control that remembers your last set speed. It catches me out when it then sees a still higher speed zone and may or not honour it. I have not figured out which combination of it or me setting the speed or overriding the speed by the screen or scroll wheel or right stalk will make it start honouring later speed signs. Beta will fix it! One stack to rule them all.
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

philupandgo wrote: Fri, 16 Sep 2022, 15:57 Yep, seen that too. It goes back to your previously set speed when returning to the same type of higher speed zone. Just like an old fashioned cruise control that remembers your last set speed. It catches me out when it then sees a still higher speed zone and may or not honour it. I have not figured out which combination of it or me setting the speed or overriding the speed by the screen or scroll wheel or right stalk will make it start honouring later speed signs. Beta will fix it! One stack to rule them all.
Then there is talk of H4 reintroducing radar.
The concept of an owner’s manual is somewhat laughable in this era of constant inconsistency.
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

Entering the local on-ramp I get a temporary steering ‘lockup’ . Maybe it’s to do with the sporting approach in maintaining momentum.
Weird speed control dropouts and loss of speed limit control associated with the greying out of the MAX speed ID with bursts of rapid acceleration beyond the ‘identified’ speed.
Nothing can be taken for granted…..but even less so recently.