Last Pass Auto Login

Admin Requests, General Enquiries and Forum Issues
TyTower
Groupie

Last Pass Auto Login

Post by TyTower »

I have used Lastpass for the last 3 years or so and it saves a tremendous amount of time when logging in .

With this forum though ,even though I have it set to autologin it does not .

Is there something stopping this and if so why would that be?
brendon_m

Re: Last Pass Auto Login

Post by brendon_m »

I use Chrome to save my passwords and it's 50/50 on if it is already logged in when I land here from an email link or if it tells me I'm not logged in and I have to tell it to autofill and then press login
rhills
Site Admin

Post by rhills »

There is nothing in our site setup that is configured intentionally to stop any auto-login processes.

For the record, I use Firefox 84.0 on Ubuntu 20.04 and never have any problem with Firefox's password management and logging in/staying logged in to the forum.

One thing to watch out for is that from memory our server Digital Certificate was changed around October last year and at some stage we also forced all access to the forum to go via https. Could it be that your LastPass is configured for http://forums.aeva.asn.au instead of https://forums.aeva.asn.au ? It may also be worth trying to clear all browser cookies/site data for this site and see if it works properly after logging in once after that.

HTH,
Rob Hills
AEVA Webmaster
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Aspire PHEV
Petrol Usage to last refill: Jul 2014 - Feb 2021
Total Petrol: 777.0L
ODO: 70432
Av Consumption: 1.10 L/100km
TyTower
Groupie

Post by TyTower »

Nope ,none of that is applicable . Its something in this particular version of software.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Chuq
Groupie

Post by Chuq »

Ok, this is interesting...

I starting using LastPass just a few months ago.

I find every time I visit the site I am logged out and need to log in again. When I log in, LastPass has no problem populating the username and password fields, I just need to tick "stay logged in" and click login...

But if I come back a few hours later, I'm logged out again. Deleting/resetting cookies doesn't help. I don't think it's linked to LastPass, as I noted it populates the fields without an issue.

I hadn't mentioned it here as I didn't think it was a site issue, but thought this thread seemed relevant..

Using Windows 10 and Chrome 87.0.4280.88.
rhills
Site Admin

Post by rhills »

Is there anyone out there not using LastPass who is having problems with the "Remember Me" tickbox and having to log in regularly?
Rob Hills
AEVA Webmaster
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Aspire PHEV
Petrol Usage to last refill: Jul 2014 - Feb 2021
Total Petrol: 777.0L
ODO: 70432
Av Consumption: 1.10 L/100km
brendon_m

Post by brendon_m »

Well I'm not using LastPass and I have to log in a lot of the time. Normally only if it's been more then a few hours. If I click an email link soon after I've been on the website remembers me.
I only use mobile and that's on 2 different browsers if that makes any difference
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

rhills wrote: Sun, 03 Jan 2021, 23:01 Is there anyone out there not using LastPass who is having problems with the "Remember Me" tickbox and having to log in regularly?
I usually have Chrome remember passwords for me and not had trouble for a while, but it does happen sometimes. Clearing cookies usually works.
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch chair.
TyTower
Groupie

Post by TyTower »

On another site using the same software it has magically started working properly . I think a setting here needs to be changed by the Admin please . If you could maybe look further .
4Springs
Site Admin

Post by 4Springs »

rhills wrote: Sun, 03 Jan 2021, 23:01 Is there anyone out there not using LastPass who is having problems with the "Remember Me" tickbox and having to log in regularly?
I can give another negative to this - it is always logged in and I don't use any password manager. So I don't think it is a fault with the general forum settings, but there might be an individual setting perhaps?
I assume that @TyTower is ticking the tickbox that says to stay logged in?
TyTower
Groupie

Post by TyTower »

Hmm there are a few Site Admins I see. And some more moderators.
Maybe there is a business behind this facade.
Hello dongdong.
Yes, you can help.
Can you give me a price on 200 of the 40Ah cells.
No BMS, no charger - just the cells.
FOB china is fine.
Anyway to make it clear , I have tried repeatedly all of the above suggestions and still it refuses to auto login.
I have also remade the Lastpass data 3 times to check that end .
I have passed it to Lastpass to have a look at it and maybe they will enlighten me.
Chuq
Groupie

Post by Chuq »

Quick update - I tested this on my phone, on which I don't use LastPass. Same issue (logs in fine, but auto logs out a few hours later).