Damon’s Fiat 500e project

Post up a thread for your EV. Progress pics, description and assorted alliteration
T1 Terry

Re: Damon’s Fiat 500e project

Post by T1 Terry »

Great to hear Damon. It was an epic conversion, not sure I'd have the confidence to tackle it, but after seeing your step by step conversion .... maybe I'd consider it or a similar transplant from a salvage vehicle for a retro build up. If everything moves from one vehicle to the other, theoretically it should drive like the vehicle it came from and just look different outside.
I'd still love to do a Prius transplant into a retro upgrade with the added expansion PHEV battery but with a lot more capacity. Eventually someone will come up with a method of doing away with the petrol motor completely or modifying the operation to allow faster than 85km/h on electric only.

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn
kalebludlow1
Noobie

Re: Damon’s Fiat 500e project

Post by kalebludlow1 »

T1 Terry wrote: Fri, 14 Feb 2020, 08:42
I'd still love to do a Prius transplant into a retro upgrade with the added expansion PHEV battery but with a lot more capacity. Eventually someone will come up with a method of doing away with the petrol motor completely or modifying the operation to allow faster than 85km/h on electric only.

T1 Terry
I'm actually in the early stages of doing exactly this with an 84 Ford Laser. Check out evbmw.com and Damian Maguire's YouTube channel for more info on using Toyota's hybrid systems for EV only operation