PIP-5048MK inverter

non-EV Solar, Wind and other renewable power sources
non-EV batteries and other energy storage stuff
Forum rules
Important!
This forum is for discussion of Non-EV matters.
lopezjm2001
Groupie

Re: PIP-5048MK inverter

Post by lopezjm2001 »

XtractorFan wrote: Tue, 15 Oct 2019, 02:06 I am struggling with MppSolar 'support' - have been for several months, trying to get a firmware upgrade for my 'obsolete pre-2019' MK.
Welcome to the club, I am still waiting for MppSolar to supply me with a new solar charger controller which had previously blown up. Asked for a replacement SCC (US$100) for my PIP4048MS back in 11 June 2019 followed by monthly reminders and just kept getting excuses. Still waiting.
2016 BMW i3 94AH
13.08 Batt.Kapa.max 29.7 kWh(13/08/2018)
13.08 Batt.Kapa.max 28.7 kWh(22/06/2020)
87 Dream
Noobie

Post by 87 Dream »

Good day Everyone

So as a follow up from the post I made regarding the latest 71 firmware version. I tried to update using what Coulomb provided me to no avail. The firmware that I loaded previously bricked the inverter. However, it is very strange in a way because I can get the inverter out of the constant beeping error 2 mode by loading a version firmware 72 & in so doing the inverter can be interrogated & the warning & beeping disappears as the new firmware is loading up. If I interrupt the load process the inverter remains on & can be further interrogated. If after I attempt this & turn off all power the inverter does not switch on or even respond. If I repeat the version 72 update the inverter once again switches on & can be interogated once again. However, the firmware 71 that I managed to get hold of unfortunately ends in a fault message when loading is tried. Not sure if this is due to a software problem or corrupt supplied version. My factory firmware was 71.50.
I am pretty sure that given the time & effort & the holy grail of firmware 71 we could sort it.

I have contacted the supplier EA Sun in China. They have tracked & confirmed which PCB board my machine was built with & will supply under warranty because it's still covered. After many to & fro messages via email & wattsapp they have given me a time frame of 2-3 weeks. Let's see what happens!! Worst case scenario I wait endlessly or said part arrives & I begin the mind blowing process of a PCB board change in which I will undoubtedly require the great input of most of the great minds on this forum.

I won't even attempt to try to find the info on the board change on here just yet, as it might be a complete time waste. :roll:

Will keep you updated...

Best regards
Steve :)
dekin
Noobie

Post by dekin »

[ Moderator note: moved from "PIP inverter repairs and hardware modifications" topic ]

Good day guys
I am having an error F56 on my PIP MK5048 inverter
It trips off with that error anytime I try to on it
this just started happening this morning as I write this. I have been using it for over a month now.
What could be the problem and how do I resolve it?
Thanks
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

dekin wrote: Thu, 31 Oct 2019, 14:08 [ Moderator note: moved from "PIP inverter repairs and hardware modifications" topic ]
@dekin, please note that I moved your post to this topic.
So that's the "Battery is not connected" fault code.
Does the inverter come on with the battery as the only source of power (i.e. with AC-in and PV disconnected / isolated)?
I assume you mean when you use the round power on/off switch? (With this symbol: Image)

I would say you have either a blown fuse or thrown breaker between your battery and the inverter, or the fuse inside the inverter is blown, or you have a bad (e.g. high resistance) battery connection. I don't know the PIP-5048MKs well, but I'm guessing that they have a ~200 A fuse inside, like the PIP-4048MS etc.

Can you watch the battery voltage while you try to turn the inverter on?
MG ZS EV 2021 April 2021. Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a coffee.
dekin
Noobie

Post by dekin »

coulomb wrote: Fri, 01 Nov 2019, 08:34
dekin wrote: Thu, 31 Oct 2019, 14:08 [ Moderator note: moved from "PIP inverter repairs and hardware modifications" topic ]
@dekin, please note that I moved your post to this topic.
So that's the "Battery is not connected" fault code.
Does the inverter come on with the battery as the only source of power (i.e. with AC-in and PV disconnected / isolated)?
I assume you mean when you use the round power on/off switch? (With this symbol: Image)

I would say you have either a blown fuse or thrown breaker between your battery and the inverter, or the fuse inside the inverter is blown, or you have a bad (e.g. high resistance) battery connection. I don't know the PIP-5048MKs well, but I'm guessing that they have a ~200 A fuse inside, like the PIP-4048MS etc.

Can you watch the battery voltage while you try to turn the inverter on?
Thanks for the input coulomb
My deadbeat AGM batteries have passed their prime. seems to be the culprit in throwing up the error code i have been having
will be replacing them with LiFeP04 next week
Thanks
birdibird
Groupie

Post by birdibird »

I am about to create a system for a friend with some pylontech batteries and was looking at the MK and GK forums.

Considering what I read here, would you all advise me to get a MS with a patched firmware instead of a MK?

Besides that: trying to max out the # panels, would the MK or MS take 6p4s panels with voc 145,2V and vmp 114V total?

Or might it be better otherwise to get the GK as it can take more PV?

please let me know your thoughts. Thanks :)
(I've got myself the 5048MG with 27 panels * 220W)
Renault Zoe Q210, Renault Zoe R135
5940Wp panels, Axpert Max 7200
2 x Pylontech US3000C = 7,2kWh LFP
140L solar water heater, 50L electric water heater
weber
Site Admin

Post by weber »

birdibird wrote: Mon, 04 Nov 2019, 09:04 I am about to create a system for a friend with some pylontech batteries and was looking at the MK and GK forums.

Considering what I read here, would you all advise me to get a MS with a patched firmware instead of a MK?

Besides that: trying to max out the # panels, would the MK or MS take 6p4s panels with voc 145,2V and vmp 114V total?

Or might it be better otherwise to get the GK as it can take more PV?

please let me know your thoughts. Thanks :)
(I've got myself the 5048MG with 27 panels * 220W)
I would never recommend the GK as it has no insulation monitoring of its lethal PV array. If it wasn't for the fact that you're using Pylontech batteries, there would also be no contest between the (patched) MS and the MK, because the MK (and GK) firmware still seems to have some serious bugs (that Coulomb and I haven't been able to fix). But the post-2018 MK's have the hardware to communicate with the Pylontechs' built-in BMS, where the MS does not, so it's a tough call.

For both the MS and MK you would need to wire your 24 panels as 8p3s. 4s will not work. The GK can only use 4 kW from a PV array, same as the MS and MK.
One of the fathers of MeXy the electric MX-5, along with Coulomb and Newton (Jeff Owen).
birdibird
Groupie

Post by birdibird »

weber wrote: Mon, 04 Nov 2019, 09:30 I would never recommend the GK as it has no insulation monitoring of its lethal PV array. If it wasn't for the fact that you're using Pylontech batteries, there would also be no contest between the (patched) MS and the MK, because the MK (and GK) firmware still seems to have some serious bugs (that Coulomb and I haven't been able to fix). But the post-2018 MK's have the hardware to communicate with the Pylontechs' built-in BMS, where the MS does not, so it's a tough call.

For both the MS and MK you would need to wire your 24 panels as 8p3s. 4s will not work. The GK can only use 4 kW from a PV array, same as the MS and MK.
Thanks for the swift reply!

You say you wouldn't recommend the GK. In the same way you wouldn't recommend the MG?
I've got my MG wired with a spd on the panel side and a RCCB type B on the AC side and that seems fine. What do you think?

The GK 48V does 5 kW PV according to the (new version?) specs on MPPSolar

Yes, it's a tough call indeed, but I would like to have them have a 'fool proof' system.
I did read that the pylontech / mppsolar settings set both bulk and float to the same 53,2V which I find strange, what's your take on that?
weber
Site Admin

Post by weber »

birdibird wrote: Mon, 04 Nov 2019, 09:43 You say you wouldn't recommend the GK. In the same way you wouldn't recommend the MG?
That's correct.
I've got my MG wired with a spd on the panel side and a RCCB type B on the AC side and that seems fine. What do you think?
I think many people would be very grateful, if you (or your electrician if you're not one) could prove that this provides protection, as per the last two paragraphs of my post here. If so, please post details of what you have done, in that topic. Feel free to post a link to it, back here.

What's an "spd"?
Although it says the maximum PV array power is 5 kW, the GK has the same limitation of 80 amps maximum solar charge current as the MS and MK. The maximum PV array power is somewhat arbitrary. As you probably know, you can connect higher power arrays, it's just that their output will be clipped in the middle of sunny days, due to the 80 A (at the battery) limit. But you cannot exceed the rated PV input voltage without either damaging the inverter, or having the inverter refuse to take any power from the array.

But I suppose the GK may be able to send up to 1 kW of PV power to the loads at the same time as sending 4 kW to the battery, where the MS cannot.

There's also the fact that a nominally 5 kW array will rarely provide much more than 4 kW unless its cold, since the panels are rated at 25 °C. But now I'm weaseling. :)
Yes, it's a tough call indeed, but I would like to have them have a 'fool proof' system.
In that case, I recommend a Victron system. :)
I did read that the pylontech / mppsolar settings set both bulk and float to the same 53,2V which I find strange.
Yes. That is strange, since they consist of 15s LPF cells. You can find more discussion of this on the South African Power Forum.

Another consideration for you re MS vs MK vs GK is that they all come with the premature-float bugs. We have patched MS and MK (soon to be released) but not the GK, to fix those bugs.
One of the fathers of MeXy the electric MX-5, along with Coulomb and Newton (Jeff Owen).
birdibird
Groupie

Post by birdibird »

weber wrote: Mon, 04 Nov 2019, 11:01
birdibird wrote: Mon, 04 Nov 2019, 09:43 You say you wouldn't recommend the GK. In the same way you wouldn't recommend the MG?
That's correct.
I think many people would be very grateful, if you (or your electrician if you're not one) could prove that this provides protection, as per the last two paragraphs of my post here. If so, please post details of what you have done, in that topic. Feel free to post a link to it, back here.
Ok, I'll get back to you about that.
What's an "spd"?
Surge Protection Device or Surge Arrester
Although it says the maximum PV array power is 5 kW, the GK has the same limitation of 80 amps maximum solar charge current as the MS and MK. The maximum PV array power is somewhat arbitrary. As you probably know, you can connect higher power arrays, it's just that their output will be clipped in the middle of sunny days, due to the 80 A (at the battery) limit. But you cannot exceed the rated PV input voltage without either damaging the inverter, or having the inverter refuse to take any power from the array.

But I suppose the GK may be able to send up to 1 kW of PV power to the loads at the same time as sending 4 kW to the battery, where the MS cannot.

There's also the fact that a nominally 5 kW array will rarely provide much more than 4 kW unless its cold, since the panels are rated at 25 °C. But now I'm weaseling. :)
lol
In that case, I recommend a Victron system. :)
lol
I did read that the pylontech / mppsolar settings set both bulk and float to the same 53,2V which I find strange.
Yes. That is strange, since they consist of 15s LPF cells. You can find more discussion of this on the South African Power Forum.

Another consideration for you re MS vs MK vs GK is that they all come with the premature-float bugs. We have patched MS and MK (soon to be released) but not the GK, to fix those bugs.
In that case my best option will be the MK and then use your to be released patch!
weber
Site Admin

Post by weber »

birdibird wrote: Wed, 06 Nov 2019, 01:43
weber wrote: Mon, 04 Nov 2019, 11:01 Another consideration for you re MS vs MK vs GK is that they all come with the premature-float bugs. We have patched MS and MK (soon to be released) but not the GK, to fix those bugs.
In that case my best option will be the MK and then use your to be released patch!
Just to be absolutely clear: I note that while our patched MS firmware fixes all known bugs and adds a few cool features besides, our patched MK firmware will only fix the premature float bugs. It will not add any of the features we've added to the MS and, more importantly, it will not fix the "PV freeze" bug that you can read about in this thread and in the South African Power Forum (where the PIP-MK is called the Axpert King). There are two reasons for this. We do not have a PIP-MK to test on, and we do not know what is causing the PV freeze.

The PV freeze bug is where the inverter randomly stops taking power from the PV array and does not start again until the next morning. No one has been able to nail down a set of conditions that are guaranteed to bring it on, or guaranteed to prevent it.

So by buying an MK, you would be taking a gamble that the manufacturer will eventually fix this PV freeze bug and will issue a firmware update, or that someone else will figure out how to prevent it happening. If either of those things happen, then the MK will be a better choice than the MS to use with a Pylontech battery.

I note that several people on the South African Power Forum are so-far-successfully using Pylontech batteries with PIP-MS inverters (which they call Axpert MKS or Mecer MKS inverters).
birdibird
Groupie

Post by birdibird »

weber wrote: Wed, 06 Nov 2019, 10:56
birdibird wrote: Wed, 06 Nov 2019, 01:43
weber wrote: Mon, 04 Nov 2019, 11:01 Another consideration for you re MS vs MK vs GK is that they all come with the premature-float bugs. We have patched MS and MK (soon to be released) but not the GK, to fix those bugs.
Just to be absolutely clear: I note that while our patched MS firmware fixes all known bugs and adds a few cool features besides, our patched MK firmware will only fix the premature float bugs. It will not add any of the features we've added to the MS and, more importantly, it will not fix the "PV freeze" bug that you can read about in this thread and in the South African Power Forum (where the PIP-MK is called the Axpert King). There are two reasons for this. We do not have a PIP-MK to test on, and we do not know what is causing the PV freeze.

The PV freeze bug is where the inverter randomly stops taking power from the PV array and does not start again until the next morning. No one has been able to nail down a set of conditions that are guaranteed to bring it on, or guaranteed to prevent it.

So by buying an MK, you would be taking a gamble that the manufacturer will eventually fix this PV freeze bug and will issue a firmware update, or that someone else will figure out how to prevent it happening. If either of those things happen, then the MK will be a better choice than the MS to use with a Pylontech battery.

I note that several people on the South African Power Forum are so-far-successfully using Pylontech batteries with PIP-MS inverters (which they call Axpert MKS or Mecer MKS inverters).
Thanks Weber.
So, I'll order the MS then to be safe.
:roll:
weber
Site Admin

Post by weber »

Beta Version of Patched Firmware 71.80d for PIP-5048MK/Axpert King 5K

[Edit: This has been superseded. Please see the Firmware section of the index post to find the latest patched firmware for your machine.]

This patched firmware is our first one based on factory firmware version 71.80 for the PIP-5048MK and Axpert King 5K. Many thanks to @affer for bravely testing this version, as neither Coulomb nor I have this model.

This patched firmware only fixes the premature float bugs. It does not fix the PV dropouts and freezes. It does not add any of our features such as AussieView™, KettleKomp™ or DCLC (Dynamic Charge and Load Control).

I note that although this firmware contains a "PYL" battery type setting for Pylontech batteries, this will not work unless your inverter was manufactured in 2019 or later. Earlier PIP-MK/King inverters do not contain the necessary hardware.

You may be wondering why we called it patch-set "d" when it is our first for this model. Because of the removable display on these machines, we could not use our usual way of displaying a modified version number. But we still want to make it clear this is not factory firmware. So we have changed the most significant digit of the version number to the letter "b" to indicate both a beta version and a lead-acid/lithium-cobalt flavour. And we have changed the least significant digit to a letter "d" to indicate our first patch-set for this version. So it shows in Watchpower as
Main CPU version: 000b1.8d.
But the remote display converts these letters to digits, as per abcdefghijk → 90123456789. So it shows on the LCD as
U1

Many factory versions end in 0 or 1, so we began with "d" because it gets converted to 2.

Here are the zip files with all the software you need, to reflash your PIP-5048MK or Axpert King 5K, and to revert to factory 71.80 firmware if required.

WARNING!!

Flashing this firmware to an incompatible machine will almost certainly render it useless.
Permanently. Only suitable for PIP-5048MK or Axpert King 5K.

We do not currently have an LFP flavour of this patched firmware. [Edit: This would allow it to work with LFP batteries (15S or 16S) when there is no communication between BMS and inverter.] Let us know if you would like us to make one.

For lead acid (24S), lithium cobalt-blends (LCO, NMC, NCM, NCA) (14S), lithium titanate (LTO) (21S or 20S),
[Edit: and Pylontech (LFP 15S) with BMS comms as per Appendix B of the manual when the inverter was manufactured in 2019 or later]:
dsp_BC1_71.80d_b1.8d_01.82.zip
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 452 times

In case you also need to update the firmware for the removable display, this is version 02.00 (not patched):
Remote Panel_MCU_U2_02.00.zip
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 344 times

Parallel or phased machines must all run the same patched firmware version.

See Voltronic Power's guide to installing firmware via serial cable or Suorama's notes on how he installed firmware. These reflashing instructions for the PIP-MS may also be helpful 72.70b reflashing instructions, but ignore the zip files there.

It should go without saying that you use this at your own risk. Please report any problems to this topic.
dekin
Noobie

Post by dekin »

Hi Weber thanks for the software
Will this version be ok for Pylontech batteries LiFeP04 which usually come in 15S?
weber
Site Admin

Post by weber »

dekin wrote: Sun, 10 Nov 2019, 20:31 Hi Weber thanks for the software
Will this version be ok for Pylontech batteries LiFeP04 which usually come in 15S?
Hi dekin. Thanks for the question. Yes, that will be fine, provided the inverter (PIP-5048MK or Axpert King 5K) is dated 2019 (or later) and you have set it up to communicate with the Pylontech BMS as per Appendix B of the inverter manual. Sorry I forgot to mention that in the post above. I have now updated it.

If the inverter is dated 2018, then my understanding is that the BMS communications will not work because some required hardware is missing from the inverter. By all means try it, but if it does not work, then you will need to use the "USE" battery type instead of the "PYL" battery type (setting 05), and you would benefit from our LFP flavour of patched firmware.

The LFP flavour of our patched firmware changes these 4 invisible thresholds which cannot be changed by the user:

1. The low battery warning lower voltage threshold, is changed from low cutoff (setting 29) plus 2 V to low cutoff plus 0.5 V.
2. The low battery warning upper voltage threshold, is changed from low cutoff (setting 29) plus 4 V to low cutoff plus 1 V.
3. The lower voltage threshold that takes the charge-stage from float to bulk, is changed from float voltage (setting 27) minus 4 V to float voltage minus 1.2 V.
4. The lower current threshold that takes the charge-stage from absorb to float, is changed from the sum-over-all-parallel-units of the max total charge current (setting 02) divided by 5 to that sum divided by 12. The minimum value allowed for the above current threshold, is changed from 5 A per parallel unit to 3 A per parallel unit.
weber
Site Admin

Post by weber »

Page 23 of the manual, implies that it is possible to update the firmware by plugging a USB flash drive containing the upgrade, in the correct format, into the USB port on the removable display, and pressing the correct sequence of buttons. If someone knows how to do that, please post a description of the method here.
dekin
Noobie

Post by dekin »

weber wrote: Sun, 10 Nov 2019, 22:02 Hi dekin. Thanks for the question. Yes, that will be fine, provided the inverter (PIP-5048MK or Axpert King 5K) is dated 2019 (or later) and you have set it up to communicate with the Pylontech BMS as per Appendix B of the inverter manual. Sorry I forgot to mention that in the post above. I have now updated it.
Your patch looks promising and interesting
I have the 2019 version of 5048MK already hooked up and communicating with the Pylontech batteries.
It seems I am currently witnessing the floating bug issue you are describing. My batteries are currently at 86% SOC according to readouts obtained from ICC software. There is utility available set to charge the batteries at 50A and also PV amps yet the batteries are not getting charged. Very minimal amps less than 2amps flows to the batteries.
Will read up how to update the firmware and give it a try.
Thanks
birdibird
Groupie

Post by birdibird »

weber wrote: Sat, 09 Nov 2019, 13:29 Beta Version of Patched Firmware 71.80d for PIP-5048MK/Axpert King 5K
We do not currently have an LFP flavour of this patched firmware. Let us know if you would like us to make one.
Thanks for this weber.
Do you mean with the remark above other LFP's not being Pylontech, like 16s ones?
weber
Site Admin

Post by weber »

birdibird wrote: Mon, 11 Nov 2019, 00:33 Thanks for this weber.
Do you mean with the remark above other LFP's not being Pylontech, like 16s ones?
Yes. The LFP flavour of patched firmware would be for LFPs other than Pylontech, whether 15S or 16S. It would also be for Pylontech if the inverter was made in 2018 and so could not communicate with the Pylontech BMS.

The differences between the LFP flavour and the plain vanilla are described here.
Lee
Noobie

Post by Lee »

Hello Weber and All

So far winter period is coming and I can see that MK/King sw logic is not as effective as it should be in case of low PV energy available.
I would like to at least discuss with someone if there is some way to improve.
All below cases are related to PIP5048MK bought September 2019. (used battery is 14s Samsung SDI - total 10kwh)
All below cases are also based on SBU to:
- lower Utility consumption
- maximize Solar and battery usage
- allow 4ms transfer time instead of 0ms which is in most cases acceptable for almost all application.

1. Issues:
1a. Main issue is that anytime Inverter is in AC-DC-AC mode (which means that also Utility AC-DC inverter is running) then Utility is automatically charging battery using 2A current nevertheless Utility charging is disabled. (so far I tried I think all possible combinations) I already discussed with Andy Y. from support@mppsolar.com and He confirmed that there is no way how to switch off this current and also He provided no information about Firmware improvements. (I can attach email communication if needed) Issue is that in case there is no PV energy for example 2 days, then utility will charge battery with ~5kwh. (100w x 24h x 2days) Next day there is a lot of PV energy let’s say 10kwh so that Inverter will charge battery using 5kw and 5kwh will stay on the roof because 5kwh was charged by utility. There can be workaround using lowering “Back to discharge voltage” but in that case Inverter will just cycle battery and waste utility energy as there are losses within any conversion. (I also tried to setup “Back to grid voltage“ and “Back to discharge voltage“ to same value for example 53V. In this case something was permanently clicking inside the remote display – some relay probably so I changed it back as it was apparently some not correct state)

1b. Another issue is that in case that inverter is in bypass mode (ECO), than battery is continuously discharged by approximately 50W-60W which is most probably self-consumption of inverter. Issue is that I have to take care about the battery voltage in this mode, otherwise I could destroy battery. (In case that I’ll increase “Battery cut-of voltage” then inverter will charge battery in this ECO mode using 10A which is again just battery degradation due to useless charge <-> discharge cycle and extra cost for the Utility)

1c. Inverter will never automatically go in to ECO/bypass mode, nevertheless there is no PV energy available. This has really no sense (may be just for very sensitive applications). So also over the night Inverter is consuming + 20% energy more from utility due to AC-DC-AC looses.

2. Suggested solutions:
2a. Switch off 2A charging: By implementing for example one more value - “0” in “Max. AC charging current” setting ( program [11]) (battery protection automatic 2A charging current can still work just for some special conditions for example if “ ’battery voltage’ < ‘back to grid voltage’ – 1V ” or “battery voltage < ‘battery cut-off-voltage +1V’ ” or something like that. But this situation will never happen I think for lion batteries as battery self-discharge current is minimal.
2b.When Inverter is in “Bypass” (ECO mode) then use Utility for power supply inverter instead of battery. I think that this can be implemented by enabling utility “AC-DC” inverter with charging current 1A which is approximately Inverter self-consumption.
2c. When PV energy is lower than 100W automatically use “bypass (ECO) mode” instead of AC-DC-AC mode as it have no sense to use it. (except some sensitive application) (Advantage of this utility AC-DC-AC conversion is only when there is some PV energy which could be mixed up with Utility energy and save some money. This also be customized using setup "Charge source priority" for example. In case of SLB&UCB or SBL&UCB it behavior can stay as it is (for sensitive applications) and SLB&UDC or SBL&UDC behavior can be corrected as described.

All above changes are just software logic and could be improved by firmware I think. Also switching to Eco mode can be done automatically by inverter but just on one special case when utility voltage is not stable enough.

Thanks for any help advise.
weber
Site Admin

Post by weber »

Welcome @Lee. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to reply. Unfortunately, Coulomb and I cannot make any changes to the firmware beyond those offered above, as we do not have an MK/King for testing. This also makes it difficult to answer any questions about the inverter's behaviour and how this might be improved merely by changing settings.

Hopefully some MK/King owners on this forum can help you.

Yes. 50 W is the typical no-load consumption when not in bypass mode, i.e. when inverting.

[Edit: Changed "line or bypass mode" to "bypass mode". Thanks Coulomb.]
Lee
Noobie

Post by Lee »

Thanks Weber
weber
Site Admin

Post by weber »

@Lee I suggest anyone hoping for solutions to the various problems with Axpert Kings should also keep an eye on the South African Power Forum, in topics such as this.
Axpert King - can't stop it charging from utility
vitecekmatrka
Noobie

Post by vitecekmatrka »

Dears,

Im running two parallel PIP 5048MK in one fase. is there a possibility to switch the slave inverter into some sleep mode? some power sawing, and for example in case of higher load higher then 4000 W then it will wake up? then if load is lower then 3500 it automatically jump to energy safe mode?

I know own consumpion 55W per inverter is not too much but could be better if this will work.

Doe anybody have an realized same issue?

Someone who runs same configuration to just discus with?

Thanks and have a good day, BR Vit.

My system is at the picture:
http://forum.mypower.cz/download/file.p ... &mode=view
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

vitecekmatrka wrote: Mon, 25 Nov 2019, 03:19 Im running two parallel PIP 5048MK in one fase. is there a possibility to switch the slave inverter into some sleep mode? some power saving, and for example in case of higher load higher then 4000 W then it will wake up? then if load is lower then 3500 it automatically jump to energy safe mode?
Weber and I have implemented something close to this in our patched firmware for the PIP-5048MS etc. It's called Dynamic Load Control. It's not self contained, you need commands from an external computer to turn on and off particular machines in a parallel configuration.

We haven't ported this feature to the King/PIP-5048MK firmware yet. It's complex enough that we'd likely have to wait till we own one. That seems far off at this time.

The MS models have a simple on/off switch that could possibly be replaced by a relay, but the King/MK models have a push button that seems more difficult to operate remotely.

[ Edit: added link for the Dynamic Charge and Load Control manual. ]
MG ZS EV 2021 April 2021. Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a coffee.