Francisco's Electric Pajero

Post up a thread for your EV. Progress pics, description and assorted alliteration
francisco.shi
Groupie

Re: Francisco's Electric Pajero

Post by francisco.shi » Sun, 12 May 2019, 20:40

I thought about that but the problem is I can not control the down movement of the hoist accurately enough. The pack fits so tightly into the chassis of the car that I have to align it to the chassis as the battery goes in. Once it is in the right place then it is fine. To do that I need up/down accuracy of a few mm so that I can get things to align correctly.
If I was doing mass assembly it would be no problem as I could build something to keep everything in the right place.

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Sun, 12 May 2019, 21:17

I did exactly that with my hoist. I guess being fairly new the control was pretty good.
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch vice-chair

francisco.shi
Groupie

Post by francisco.shi » Sun, 12 May 2019, 22:40

There is only about 5mm clearance between the chassis and the battery box so I need align the box to the chassis very accurately. The hoist has a pull down leavers to lower it but it is a little difficult to move it down slowly. Also the leaver is on the side of the hoist so I would have to move down a little then get under the car and move the battery box then go back to the leavers and repeat. If I go down too much and the battery box is not aligned then the chassis puts pressure on the battery box and I can not move it then I have to go back out and lift the car a little. So I think it will be better to move the battery up using a manual jack that I can control accurately.

esyjam
Noobie

Post by esyjam » Sat, 01 Jun 2019, 17:52

Hi Francisco,

By any chance can you share the motor model or where you brought the motor!

Regards,