Ioniq Electric

Hyundai and Kia Interest Group
AngieD
Noobie

Ioniq Electric

Post by AngieD »

Woo Hoo! We put a deposit on a new Hyundai Full electric Ioniq today. Due mid-end June in Hobart.
jonescg

Re: Ioniq Electric

Post by jonescg »

Nice one! Great to see some more deliveries trickling through.
AEVA National President, WA branch director.
Spybo
Noobie

Post by Spybo »

Great to hear, hope all goes well
AngieD
Noobie

Post by AngieD »

Thankyou both. Excited and reading as much as we can. :D
whimpurinter

Post by whimpurinter »

I wasn't going to comment but I will for everyone else who isn't going to comment. Tell us about it sometime. :mrgreen:
Ian D
Noobie

Post by Ian D »

AngieD wrote: Thu, 02 May 2019, 19:45 Thankyou both. Excited and reading as much as we can. :D
Well done on placing your order. I ordered one on 5th January and it’s still not built 20 weeks later. I would suggest you call your dealer and ask them to have a look at your order to see if your build has started. I have heard of Hyundai canceling orders due to the 2020 model being released in September. I have decided to cancel my order and place a new one for the new model. I need to wait even longer but at least it will have all the updates on it.

Good luck :)
JD Solar and EV
Noobie

Post by JD Solar and EV »

Congrats, I hope you didn't pay full sticker price. The 28kWh Ioniq now requires a discount due to the release of the 38kWh version as mentioned by Ian D.
AngieD
Noobie

Post by AngieD »

Came back from holiday to find that our car was not arriving as scheduled and indeed the order had been cancelled so we are now waiting for the 2020 model which we are not totally unhappy about. Can get it with the added features and in the colour we initially wanted. Just a little sad we have to wait until the end of the year now. :(
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

Sadly a familiar story... They just can't keep up with demand.
AEVA National President, WA branch director.
Ian D
Noobie

Post by Ian D »

I understand that mine has now been built but not in the country yet. I decided to cancel it and take the 2020 model instead too. I wouldn’t have been happy paying full price for one of the last ones made and waiting since January for it. My dealer told me that they aren’t on the Hyundai system now for any new orders. They will let me know when they are able to place a new order for the new model and hoping that it won’t be too much longer to get started again. After all the waiting I just hope it will be soon after the launch.
Ian D
Noobie

Post by Ian D »

It’s seems the new 2020 Ioniq will be in UK showrooms early September. I have just had a confirmation of mine to arrive sometime in October so it looks like deliveries will be starting again soon. Has anyone else got one on order and had any delivery dates yet?
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

What price and range with the new 2020 model? The Kona is just a little out of our price range so we will be sticking with our PHEV Prius for the moment, but I'd love to buy a brand new EV sometime soon.

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn
Ian D
Noobie

Post by Ian D »

T1 Terry wrote: Wed, 14 Aug 2019, 12:56 What price and range with the new 2020 model? The Kona is just a little out of our price range so we will be sticking with our PHEV Prius for the moment, but I'd love to buy a brand new EV sometime soon.

T1 Terry
At the moment they can’t tell me what the price is but should be just a little more than the 2019 model. I was warned that the price would come after they could place an order on the system. The model range is the same as the last one with the Elite and Premium. I like the Kona but it’s smaller than the Ioniq and the range of the new one is plenty for me. Currently I have a Prius C which has been great and I decided when I got the Prius the next car would be an EV.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Have they said what the expected range would be on a full charge?

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn
Ian D
Noobie

Post by Ian D »

T1 Terry wrote: Fri, 16 Aug 2019, 15:21 Have they said what the expected range would be on a full charge?

T1 Terry
They say it’s 294km. Here is an article and pictures of the new https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/h ... 2019-74411
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Hmmmm.... The Mannum/Adelaide airport/Mannum trip is roughly 200km, but some big hills if returning via the freeway, not quite so bad via the Chain of Ponds rd. The trip to SA branch AEVA meeting is close enough to the bottom of the big hill, so going the Chain of Ponds rd is sort of out of the question. I wonder how much effect the big hill would have on the guestimated distance between recharges?
Might be serious contender for the ex taxi Prius replacement if/when it finally turns up its toes. It has 728,000km on it now and still going strong, but who knows when that will change because of a much too expensive failure to put it back on the road.

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn