MY17 Outlander PHEV

Mitsubishi EV Interest Group
reecho

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by reecho »

MMAU have kindly loaned me their MY16 Outlander PHEV for the next week or so for display at Hyde Park Fair and also our Electrokhana event in Perth.

Apart from CHAdeMo this PHEV is identical to the MY17's due to arrive this month. The loaner is higher spec trim and MY17's will have either LS or Exceed trims...

It's definitely a smoother drive than the MY14.5 PHEV's with a much more supple suspension tune.

MY16 PHEV
Ultralights
Groupie

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by Ultralights »

very nice, My Inlaws are waiting on the new 17 model to arrive and considering a purchase, looking forward to some feedback.
zzcoopej
Groupie

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by zzcoopej »

reecho wrote:Apart from CHAdeMo this PHEV is identical to the MY17's due to arrive this month.

I've heard rumours that the MY17 will have a 1500W 240V powerpoint in the boot, do you have any indication whether that will be the case?
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
Battery App EvBatMon for PHEV & iMiEV iOS(iPhone,iPad)& Android
www.EvPositive.com
reecho

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by reecho »

zzcoopej wrote:
reecho wrote:Apart from CHAdeMo this PHEV is identical to the MY17's due to arrive this month.

I've heard rumours that the MY17 will have a 1500W 240V powerpoint in the boot, do you have any indication whether that will be the case?

Can't say for sure until they land. I was told last year it was on the wish list for Australia..
reecho

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by reecho »

Ultralights wrote: very nice, My Inlaws are waiting on the new 17 model to arrive and considering a purchase, looking forward to some feedback.

You notice the smoother suspension and the added sound deadening straight away...

It's a big leap in quality from the 14.5's...
alexeiw123
Groupie

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by alexeiw123 »

My employer has two '17 PHEV exceed's incoming as fleet vehicles. We've had one of the the '17 compliance cars (new look, no chademo) for two months or so.

First one is being delivered tomorrow, so I guess they are hitting the road now.

zzcoopej
Groupie

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by zzcoopej »

alexeiw123 wrote:'17 PHEV exceed...First one is being delivered tomorrow, so I guess they are hitting the road now.

Awesome, let us know if there are any surprises.
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
www.EvPositive.com
ScottyDont
Noobie

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by ScottyDont »

There is an EV button! Shame it wasn't charged when we took it for a spin.
2014 Outlander PHEV - Amethyst Black
zzcoopej
Groupie

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by zzcoopej »

ScottyDont wrote: There is an EV button!

Sweet!
What about a 240V power outlet in the boot?
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
www.EvPositive.com
ScottyDont
Noobie

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by ScottyDont »

I didn't see one, only the 12V outlet in the boot so far. It only came with an 8A charger too, my 2014 build PHEV had both an 8A and 10A.
Last edited by ScottyDont on Wed, 29 Mar 2017, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.
alexeiw123
Groupie

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by alexeiw123 »

zzcoopej wrote:
ScottyDont wrote: There is an EV button!

Sweet!
What about a 240V power outlet in the boot?

Yes ScottyDont and I work together.

Didn't get the keys until about 10 minutes to knock off, so took it for a very quick spin so it could sleep on a GPO.

Didn't notice a power outlet in the boot, will look tomorrow, will have it all day.

EV only button, plenty of new on screen things to play with including 'apps'. BT didn't enable this, so will plug in tomorrow and see if it's android auto. Can't test for carplay, sorry.

The birds eye view in reverse was quite impressive although I still reversed like a grandma, will need to learn to trust it.
ScottyDont
Noobie

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by ScottyDont »

Checked again today, no AC outlets. Used EVBatMon on it and got 39.4Ah battery capacity, 103.68% battery condition. For reference mine is down to 34.3Ah after 23000km.
alexeiw123
Groupie

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by alexeiw123 »

No 240V, anywhere.

http://imgur.com/a/X24YW

What to say about the car? Well, first off, it's very good. I'm impressed. It's very comfortable to drive and well featured. I thought yesterday it had less road noise than the MY14 (been a while though), but today it was pouring rain, ALL DAY. So can't really comment on that.

I did about 250km, bringing the ODO to 280 total, trip meter has 6.8l/100 on it, I started with fully charged and ended empty, of course. I did a bit of power testing, cruising, windy hills, heavy rain, charge, hold.. you name it. I wouldn't really call those figures indicative of anything.

The car has android auto and it is really quite good. The infotainment screen is actually not awful, which is a nice change.

No 240V connection anywhere, CHAdeMO is there but nothing for us to plug in to yet. It has auto dipping headlights, blind spot monitoring, auto wipers (rear too when in reverse), lane warning, adaptive cruise, a button that allows you to look down on the passenger side kerb camera while driving, at any time. Not sure how much of those features where on the old PHEV aspire.

Not sure what else of value to mention. The interior lights are slightly flickery, which is a bit odd.

But yeah, nice car.
Last edited by alexeiw123 on Thu, 30 Mar 2017, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.
zzcoopej
Groupie

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by zzcoopej »

alexeiw123 wrote: No 240V, anywhere.

Oh well, that rumour was wrong then Image

Thanks heaps for posting all the goss on the MY17 and confirming that EvBatMon is still compatible. Wow 39.4Ah battery capacity, I guess we need to adjust the 100% PMC up a bit!
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
www.EvPositive.com
Ultralights
Groupie

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by Ultralights »

how big is the drive battery?
alexeiw123
Groupie

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by alexeiw123 »

Ultralights wrote: how big is the drive battery?
Not sure on what MMAU is claiming, but looking at the screenshot from EvBatMon... about 12kWh. Voltage is 80 series cells, 40Ah. 300V * 40Ah = 12kWh.

reecho

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by reecho »

12Kwh battery. Around 8Kwh usable..
zzcoopej
Groupie

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by zzcoopej »

Just noticed an email from MMAU from last week saying the new MY17 PHEV site is now up –

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/ve ... HEV17_full

Such a pity that the new EV button is promoted as "useful when driving through neighbors in early morning or when a baby is sleeping inside the car" lol (at least they are not suggesting you drive over your baby, just the neighbors). Sigh, MMAU should get out there and figure out why people actually buy the PHEV - How about not having to buy petrol !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O5BaDPqC08
Last edited by zzcoopej on Tue, 11 Apr 2017, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
www.EvPositive.com
poprock
Groupie

MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by poprock »

Read the report in the Newcastle Herald;will show it to my mate who has a 2012.
If a price reduction of say $8k was made then it could be a top seller. Image But then again the top pollution model is also $50k. Image
poprock
Groupie

Re: MY17 Outlander PHEV

Post by poprock »

My mate picked up his 2017 on Friday and very generously allowed me to have a 20k drive. Compared to my 2004 Crewman it was exhilarating! So exhilarating that being distracted by coloured lights and other shiny things I ran a red in the main street causing panic braking by others. And that is about the only way to have a smash; the amount of idiot proofing is incredible. His company accountant told him to spend $50k; he spent $55k. Compared to his two other 2l petrol wagons it is massive. The only complaint is no spare. So he has ordered one and will put up with the loss of cargo space. Hopefully the authorised PHEV dealer at Cessnock will be able to keep it well maintained.