Level 2 EVSE

How do you store and manage your electricity?
unclewoja
Noobie

Level 2 EVSE

Post by unclewoja » Thu, 24 Sep 2015, 23:00

I've just got new ex Demo Nissan Leaf and I'm currently just using the supplied charger. I've had a 15amp GPO installed where I park my car at work end everything's good to go for pretty much any power supply the car can take. I can supply up to 60-amps 3-phase.

I don't know if I'm searching in the wrong area, but I seem to be having trouble finding a list and pricing for level 2 chargers.... there's a lot of salesman BS to sort through and frankly, from the Australia pricing I've seen, we're being ripped off.

So what level 2 EVSEs are currently on the market and approx price points? Maybe we could make a sticky and add to it over time for new people joining the forum?

Once I get this Level 2 charger installed, I plan on making it available for other EV car owners to use in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

Gabz

Level 2 EVSE

Post by Gabz » Fri, 25 Sep 2015, 00:11

you can view mine on my website http://rechargingnsw.com.au/products/. If you go to the list of AEVA corporate members you'll find nearly all of the other companies.
Corporate Member Recharging NSW Pty Ltd. http://rechargingnsw.com.au/

reecho

Level 2 EVSE

Post by reecho » Fri, 25 Sep 2015, 00:25

Your Nissan supplied EVSE is only 10 amp, even though it has a 15A plug.

The Leaf will charge up to 13 amps, with a 16A EVSE.

Plenty of options. Amazon has plenty of tethered level 2 units. OpenEVSE is for the tinkerer's who wan't to build their own.

Recharging NSW has untethered options as well.

Or try E-Station

lesmando
Groupie

Level 2 EVSE

Post by lesmando » Fri, 25 Sep 2015, 02:45

My LEAF draws up to 3.6 KW when charging on a fixed EVSE. So is 1/3 faster than the brick that comes with the car.

Bryce
Groupie

Level 2 EVSE

Post by Bryce » Sat, 26 Sep 2015, 00:31

Hi there - having recently fitted an EVSE (Jetcharge) - have found my Leaf estimates half the time it did with the brick for a charge. (I do hasten to add that the car's charging time estimates do seem to be slightly more accurate that the usage/km remaining estimate made by its guess-o-meter!!!).

Cheers
Bryce
AEVA Vic Branch Secretary
AEVA national newsletter editor
Current EV drives: Kona electric, 2001 Berlingo conversion
Selling: 2011 Leaf
Past drive: 2011 Blade Getz
Past Conversions: DC Berlingo, AC Berlingo, AC Sprinter

unclewoja
Noobie

Level 2 EVSE

Post by unclewoja » Mon, 28 Sep 2015, 20:31

Thanks for the info. I just had a look @ Jetcharge and I find their pricing far more reasonable than others.

I did get a quote over the phone from 1 company who told be $1,300 delivered + installation over the phone, then changed the price to $1,650 in the subsequent email quotation. I'll be contacting Jet Charge now.