NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Mitsubishi EV Interest Group
User avatar
zzcoopej
Groupie
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2014, 13:37
Real Name: Jeremy
Location: Gosford
Contact:

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by zzcoopej » Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 13:02

Hi fellow owners!
This is a thread to meet other owners with the view to meeting in person. The first NSW iMiEV owners meeting happened Sunday 11th Jan. When can we meet again?

Last Sunday I met with another 2 iMiEV owner in Sydney and forgot Gabz (didn't know about iDavid). I had invited John(Katoomba) and LauraiMiEV(Syd) however they were unable to make it. I'm Gosford area which involved a 170km round trip and charging at Castle Towers shopping centre which is where we met.
Greg had invited Dr Michael Symons who now owns an iMiEV. Michael is the first person in Australia to road register a converted EV over 25yrs ago and is VERY well known in the EV world. It was great to chat to Greg and Michael and I'd love to have another meeting, however its going to be hard to find a spot within 100km of us all!
Last edited by zzcoopej on Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 02:04, edited 1 time in total.
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
Battery App EvBatMon for PHEV & iMiEV iOS(iPhone,iPad)& Android
www.EvPositive.com

User avatar
Gabz
Senior Member
Posts: 580
Joined: Thu, 08 Aug 2013, 03:30
Real Name: Gabriel Noronha
Location: Maitland NSW
Contact:

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by Gabz » Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 13:42

central coast is as far as i can get and still get home within a reasonable time, the leaf owners group did have a meet up at shelly beach at the carvan park there because of mutliple 15amp powerpoints.

Corporate Member Recharging NSW Pty Ltd. http://rechargingnsw.com.au/

User avatar
zzcoopej
Groupie
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2014, 13:37
Real Name: Jeremy
Location: Gosford
Contact:

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by zzcoopej » Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 14:03

Gabz wrote: central coast is as far as i can get and still get home within a reasonable time, the leaf owners group did have a meet up at shelly beach at the carvan park there because of mutliple 15amp powerpoints.


This may be do-able even for Sydney owners, especially if they drop in at Castle Towers or Westfield Hornsby for a topup. Castle Towers to Shelly Beach CP is only 85km.
Greg and Michael are going to build an eJerry can like AcMotor's which would further help Sydney siders out.
Also, Dr Michael Symons frequently holidays up this way, however I'm not sure we could convince him to drive his iMiEV up as HE had range anxiety for me just doing Castle Hill to Macmasters Beach! I think Greg would manage it, not sure about Laura, however John would be too far away for a daytrip from Katoomba.
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
Battery App EvBatMon for PHEV & iMiEV iOS(iPhone,iPad)& Android
www.EvPositive.com

Feng
Groupie
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat, 14 Sep 2013, 21:29
Real Name: Matt Tse
Location: Sydney

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by Feng » Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 14:56

When we had the LEAF meet we started off at the Westfield Hornsby car park where there are numerous 10A outlets on all levels. We charged over breakfast before setting off to Shelly Beach. We didn't ask for permission though. The Better Place quickcharger was out of order so we would have argued we had no other option (which is really stretching the truth since nobody had membership). Can't say that anymore since the charger is gone.

Leading a convoy of LEAFs up to the Central Coast has been a highlight of ownership. Here are some photos: http://ozleaf.proboards.com/thread/187/ ... -leaf-meet
Last edited by Feng on Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zzcoopej
Groupie
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2014, 13:37
Real Name: Jeremy
Location: Gosford
Contact:

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by zzcoopej » Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 15:04

Feng wrote: When we had the LEAF meet


I'd certainly be happy for Leaf owners to join in. Infact "Mr EV" (Dr Michael Symons) was talking about purchasing a Leaf so I'm sure there are other iMiEV owners (like me) who have never seen one or are interested in hearing about them from owners. Now we just need to get a Tesla owner to attend and it would be like EV heaven!
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
Battery App EvBatMon for PHEV & iMiEV iOS(iPhone,iPad)& Android
www.EvPositive.com

User avatar
LauraiMiEV
Groupie
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed, 19 Nov 2014, 07:04
Real Name: Laura
Location: Richmond NSW
Contact:

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by LauraiMiEV » Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 15:56

zzcoopej wrote:
Gabz wrote: central coast is as far as i can get and still get home within a reasonable time, the leaf owners group did have a meet up at shelly beach at the carvan park there because of mutliple 15amp powerpoints.


This may be do-able even for Sydney owners, especially if they drop in at Castle Towers or Westfield Hornsby for a topup. Castle Towers to Shelly Beach CP is only 85km.
Greg and Michael are going to build an eJerry can like AcMotor's which would further help Sydney siders out.
Also, Dr Michael Symons frequently holidays up this way, however I'm not sure we could convince him to drive his iMiEV up as HE had range anxiety for me just doing Castle Hill to Macmasters Beach! I think Greg would manage it, not sure about Laura, however John would be too far away for a daytrip from Katoomba.


I'd call that too far for a daytrip for me as well. I'm in Richmond and it looks like too many hours stopping for a top-up (which would really need more like a full charge). I haven't plotted and calculated but my guess is I couldn't drink that much coffee!!

And how do you guys find places like the Castle Towers Shelly Beach plugin? I have looked at Plugshare and Chargepoint and neither list it.

As an aside - not sure this is the right place to post this but here goes....

I know a woman on the Willoughby Council and we were talking about my new iMiEV. I bemoaned the lack of charging points in Chatswood which is such a hub and blah blah blah. She recently emailed me to say Westfield there is adding charging stations (woo hoo).

Unfortunately Westfields Chatswood only has 2 hours of free parking. But that's another story.

Has anyone approached Westfields (I'm sure the answer is yes) about putting charging stations in all their mall car parks? What was their answer. Any suggestions on lobbying them?

Feng
Groupie
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat, 14 Sep 2013, 21:29
Real Name: Matt Tse
Location: Sydney

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by Feng » Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 17:01

I mailed Westfield Tuggerah about their BP quickcharger and when I suggested replacing it with L2 EVSEs they quickly lost interest. Glad there are better results with other malls. There's a ChargePoint at Macquarie Centre but you have to pay $10 for the valet service to use it.

As for driving to Shelly Beach from Richmond, got a tent for the caravan park? Otherwise if there's going to be a Sydney contingent maybe you can just meet up at Hornsby before we make the jump. We had one guy meet us for breakfast but didn't follow.

User avatar
iDaVID
Groupie
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2014, 17:25
Real Name: David
Location: Cessnock

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by iDaVID » Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 18:13

I can make it to the Wyong - Gosford area, but not any further.

I don't have an account with any of those Supercharger (ie ChargePoint) networks, as I normally wouldn't need one given I simply do it at home, so I hope someone doesn't mind me using their account on the day. I guess I'll buy them a drink or something in return Image

User avatar
zzcoopej
Groupie
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2014, 13:37
Real Name: Jeremy
Location: Gosford
Contact:

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by zzcoopej » Wed, 11 Mar 2015, 18:49

Hi, just wondering how many EV owners (doesn't have to be iMiEV, I'm interested in meeting other EV & PHEV owners) would be interested to meet on Sunday 3rd May or Sunday 10th of May at Shelly Beach Caravan Park (Central Coast, The Entrance/Tuggerah area)?
Last edited by zzcoopej on Wed, 11 Mar 2015, 07:51, edited 1 time in total.
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
Battery App EvBatMon for PHEV & iMiEV iOS(iPhone,iPad)& Android
www.EvPositive.com

Feng
Groupie
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat, 14 Sep 2013, 21:29
Real Name: Matt Tse
Location: Sydney

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by Feng » Wed, 11 Mar 2015, 19:10

I'm in. I'll mention it on the Ozleaf forum if it goes ahead.
Last edited by Feng on Wed, 11 Mar 2015, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
iDaVID
Groupie
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2014, 17:25
Real Name: David
Location: Cessnock

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by iDaVID » Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 20:20

How long does the meet-up take as I'll probably need a full 7 hour charge unless they have those superchargers there

User avatar
zzcoopej
Groupie
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2014, 13:37
Real Name: Jeremy
Location: Gosford
Contact:

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by zzcoopej » Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 23:26

Gabz advised on another thread that there is one higher speed charger however you might need to share it with him.
When I went to Castle Hill, I was surprised that in about 5hrs I had enough to do 85km home so you probably don't need 7hrs even on a 15A charger.

Also Gabz, would you mind checking with the caravan park that those dates are ok and will there be any fees?
ALSO, my wife said the 10th is Mothers Day, so I think 3rd May is the better option.
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
Battery App EvBatMon for PHEV & iMiEV iOS(iPhone,iPad)& Android
www.EvPositive.com

Greg partridge
Groupie
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun, 01 Apr 2012, 16:19
Real Name: Greg partridge
Location: Dural
Contact:

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by Greg partridge » Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 23:48

Count me in. I will also need a charge to get home

Greg partridge
Groupie
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun, 01 Apr 2012, 16:19
Real Name: Greg partridge
Location: Dural
Contact:

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by Greg partridge » Thu, 12 Mar 2015, 23:52

I Have spare seats if anyone would like a lift

User avatar
iDaVID
Groupie
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2014, 17:25
Real Name: David
Location: Cessnock

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by iDaVID » Fri, 13 Mar 2015, 00:06

zzcoopej wrote: Gabz advised on another thread that there is one higher speed charger however you might need to share it with him.
When I went to Castle Hill, I was surprised that in about 5hrs I had enough to do 85km home so you probably don't need 7hrs even on a 15A charger.

Also Gabz, would you mind checking with the caravan park that those dates are ok and will there be any fees?
ALSO, my wife said the 10th is Mothers Day, so I think 3rd May is the better option.


Well if they have a supercharger that's cool given 30 minutes is more than enough for several of us. But yeah, otherwise, I'd be looking at a 6 to 7 hour stay.   

User avatar
Gabz
Senior Member
Posts: 580
Joined: Thu, 08 Aug 2013, 03:30
Real Name: Gabriel Noronha
Location: Maitland NSW
Contact:

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by Gabz » Fri, 13 Mar 2015, 01:35

sorry no supercharger..

Pictures on plugshare

it takes me 4 hours+ to fully charge after the 82km drive. on the installed EVSE 1-1.5 hour longer when using the 15amp powerpoints.

I'll check with the wife (who'll ring her mother who is office manger), last time fees was a couple dollars per car (so we could justify putting in a EVSE) . the main thing is because your recharging on powered sites it needs to not be very busy at the park.

Corporate Member Recharging NSW Pty Ltd. http://rechargingnsw.com.au/

User avatar
zzcoopej
Groupie
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2014, 13:37
Real Name: Jeremy
Location: Gosford
Contact:

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by zzcoopej » Tue, 24 Mar 2015, 22:01

Gabz wrote:

I'll check with the wife (who'll ring her mother who is office manger), last time fees was a couple dollars per car (so we could justify putting in a EVSE) . the main thing is because your recharging on powered sites it needs to not be very busy at the park.


Hi Gabz, did you confirm whether the 3rd May is OK for us to use the caravan park for the EV meet?
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
Battery App EvBatMon for PHEV & iMiEV iOS(iPhone,iPad)& Android
www.EvPositive.com

User avatar
Gabz
Senior Member
Posts: 580
Joined: Thu, 08 Aug 2013, 03:30
Real Name: Gabriel Noronha
Location: Maitland NSW
Contact:

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by Gabz » Wed, 25 Mar 2015, 00:59

zzcoopej wrote:
Gabz wrote:
I'll check with the wife (who'll ring her mother who is office manger), last time fees was a couple dollars per car (so we could justify putting in a EVSE) . the main thing is because your recharging on powered sites it needs to not be very busy at the park.

Hi Gabz, did you confirm whether the 3rd May is OK for us to use the caravan park for the EV meet?


yep please RSVP so we can book out the powered sites.

RSVP on facebook if you have it https://www.facebook.com/events/972096452814016/
Last edited by Gabz on Tue, 24 Mar 2015, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
Corporate Member Recharging NSW Pty Ltd. http://rechargingnsw.com.au/

Greg partridge
Groupie
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun, 01 Apr 2012, 16:19
Real Name: Greg partridge
Location: Dural
Contact:

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by Greg partridge » Wed, 25 Mar 2015, 01:12

Count me in. I Will let Michael know.

User avatar
zzcoopej
Groupie
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2014, 13:37
Real Name: Jeremy
Location: Gosford
Contact:

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by zzcoopej » Wed, 25 Mar 2015, 14:20

Gabz wrote:

yep please RSVP so we can book out the powered sites.

RSVP on facebook if you have it [/URL]


I'm coming (RSVP'd fb), just don't count me as needing a powerpoint as I can do the round trip without charging. I can also do a coffee shop run on the day if required.
Is there a good place for lunch or should we organise a BBQ onsite? (only if they have electric BBQ's lol!).
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
Battery App EvBatMon for PHEV & iMiEV iOS(iPhone,iPad)& Android
www.EvPositive.com

User avatar
iDaVID
Groupie
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2014, 17:25
Real Name: David
Location: Cessnock

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by iDaVID » Wed, 25 Mar 2015, 14:31

Gabz wrote:
yep please RSVP so we can book out the powered sites.

RSVP on facebook if you have it https://www.facebook.com/events/972096452814016/


I don't have Facebook, so I'll RSVP here. And yes I'll need to recharge at the caravan park as I'll have about 80kms to drive

User avatar
iDaVID
Groupie
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2014, 17:25
Real Name: David
Location: Cessnock

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by iDaVID » Wed, 25 Mar 2015, 14:36

zzcoopej wrote: I'm coming (RSVP'd fb), just don't count me as needing a powerpoint as I can do the round trip without charging. I can also do a coffee shop run on the day if required.
Is there a good place for lunch or should we organise a BBQ onsite? (only if they have electric BBQ's lol!).


I've got a camping stove if required albeit it is gas powered   Image

User avatar
Gabz
Senior Member
Posts: 580
Joined: Thu, 08 Aug 2013, 03:30
Real Name: Gabriel Noronha
Location: Maitland NSW
Contact:

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by Gabz » Wed, 25 Mar 2015, 18:25

iDaVID wrote:
zzcoopej wrote: I'm coming (RSVP'd fb), just don't count me as needing a powerpoint as I can do the round trip without charging. I can also do a coffee shop run on the day if required.
Is there a good place for lunch or should we organise a BBQ onsite? (only if they have electric BBQ's lol!).


I've got a camping stove if required albeit it is gas powered   Image


They do have onsite BBQ's and a hall/camp kitchen but there is also food nearby.
The caravan park has its own take away shop (Fish and Chips, hamburgers, etc),
or a 5 minute walk will get you to the local sporties club,
or the surf club has a cafe and a balcony restaurant
Corporate Member Recharging NSW Pty Ltd. http://rechargingnsw.com.au/

User avatar
iDaVID
Groupie
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun, 05 Oct 2014, 17:25
Real Name: David
Location: Cessnock

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by iDaVID » Wed, 25 Mar 2015, 19:08

Gabz wrote:
They do have onsite BBQ's and a hall/camp kitchen but there is also food nearby.
The caravan park has its own take away shop (Fish and Chips, hamburgers, etc),
or a 5 minute walk will get you to the local sporties club,
or the surf club has a cafe and a balcony restaurant



Sounds good to me. Wouldn't mind a traditional style hamburger

User avatar
zzcoopej
Groupie
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2014, 13:37
Real Name: Jeremy
Location: Gosford
Contact:

NSW iMiEV owners - meet and greet

Post by zzcoopej » Mon, 27 Apr 2015, 18:41

Gabz wrote: I'll check with the wife (who'll ring her mother who is office manger), last time fees was a couple dollars per car (so we could justify putting in a EVSE) . the main thing is because your recharging on powered sites it needs to not be very busy at the park.


Hi Gabz, can you check that there was no storm damage at the van park so we can confirm we are we going ahead with the meet? I'm on the Central Coast and the coastal fringe got hit pretty hard. (We were without power for nearly 5 days, not so good when you have 2 EV's! Lucky we still had our old ICE car we are trying to sell)
I'm not sure if we should have set hours eg 10am - 4pm or whether people are happy to just turn up whenever?
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
Battery App EvBatMon for PHEV & iMiEV iOS(iPhone,iPad)& Android
www.EvPositive.com

Post Reply