electric bike kit supplier suggestions

From go-karts and bicycles to electric eskies and kids scooters.
david s
Noobie

Post by david s »

Yes it has regen. You can also connect itsto your computer and adjust settings. It also has cruise control, which I really like. I do pedal, but not too hard, on the way to work, so no shower required. On the way home I usually pedal harder. This does not really affect the top speed, but simply takes some pressure off the motor and batteries,
Last edited by david s on Thu, 03 May 2012, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
PlanB

Post by PlanB »

So you simply assist the motor by pedaling? No fancy pedal sensor or pedal assist circuitry required? Also how good is the regen going down hills? And are you able to engage it without applying friction brakes?
glenn_aircooled
Groupie

Post by glenn_aircooled »

With hub motors, when you just want to cycle along without using power assist , Does the motor slow you down .....
      I mean is there spinning resistance to the wheel caused by the motor - which slows the bike.

I am thinking of the brushless DC motors. I imagine it would be a very small resistance if there is one.
Cheers , Glenn... I am working toward that happy " I never stop at Petrol Stations " feeling    :)
david s
Noobie

Post by david s »

Yes there is resistance when pedalling without the motor, but in practice you never allow the battery to go flat so there is never a problem. With the Golden Motor the regen braking only comes on momentarily and you have to keep reapplying the brakes for more. At least thats how mine works.
unheardofinstruments
Groupie

Post by unheardofinstruments »

I have a recumbent and a motor on the chain so I can use the gears, 250 W in a low gear is great for hill climbing with the shopping and kid on board. Top speed test is for someone with bigger balls and a speedo, its a streamliner. Electric regen is only about 40% efficient anyhow just coast a bit faster.
glenn_aircooled
Groupie

Post by glenn_aircooled »

thanks for replies. So am thinking that I should go with the motor, independantly chain driving the back wheel. That way I can put a Cog with freewheel on it. The only extra friction when not using the motor would be the friction inside the freewheeling cog.
Cheers , Glenn... I am working toward that happy " I never stop at Petrol Stations " feeling    :)
cobber
Noobie

Post by cobber »

Hi, If you want to build a legal bike and get usable performance you best choice is to buy a mid motor kit. Better hill climbing, higher top speed and longer range from the battery. The best known and longest running manufacturer is Cyclone Taiwan. The better choice for value for money without compromising quality is GNG. They make kits for legal power bikes. There off road high power kits are capable of higher speeds. 3 weeks ago they released a 60 volt kit capable of 90 Km/Hr without mods.
All you have to do is look on Ebay, they are all listed there. Don't listen to people talking about what they did last year, or was it the year before.
david s
Noobie

Post by david s »

Thanks Cobber, have you got a link to GNG?
cobber
Noobie

Post by cobber »

GNG have a website with online store.
http://www.gngebike.com

They also sell on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/60V650W-CHAI ... 2c71f1a5e3

An Australian manufacturer with high quality.
http://www.af-tech.com.au/Products_Ebikes.html

Another cheap chinese company.
Good engineering and headlight included. Lowest price.
http://www.hi-well-f.com/index.htm