EOI: Potential group buy for Siemens 1PV5135motors

AC, DC, amps, volts and kilowatt. It's all discussed in here
Johny

Post by Johny »

Jodie wrote:With 2m tyre diameter at 10000 rpm = 145 km/h.
Or if you have little tyres at 1.5 diameter = 110km/h
That's two bloody big tyres! (I assume you mean circumference.)
BigMouse

Post by BigMouse »

Jodie wrote:
What gave me some hope was this quote from evtv.me
" Good news already. I’ve heard from an AZD employee. Sure enough, there is no firmware in the box. BUT it is available from AZDtec and in fact I had already downloaded it and ordere
d the diagnostic harness and hadn’t realized it. So we will have firmware in the MOC6
45. He’s also offered to gen up a basic VCU we can use as a starting point. Jack Rickard".

And this:
" We have two teams working on the VCU for the DMOC645 and I think we have the firmware problem solved too."

That does sound promising, at least for the controllers he's selling.

I'd be keen to have a go at it, but I've already got a motor, and I'm building my own controller, so I have little need for one. I am tempted to grab an AC24 motor though if anyone else decides to order things from him. I'd use it for testing and to play around with, maybe end up in a little Daihatsu or something.
Shirker
Groupie

Post by Shirker »

That does sound promising, at least for the controllers he's selling.
Somebody might have to buy one off Jack just to share access to the software and VCU details :-)

I am tempted to grab an AC24 motor

My sentiments exactly - nice specs, and $200 is an excellent price. Count me in too.

The other thing to be clear about the 1PV5135/DMOC645 is that there's no support (present company excepted, of course!), warranty or fallback - they are well and truly "as is" (for the avoidance of doubt, the DMOC is non-functional).

Despite all of the quoted prices being "a steal" compared to their original list prices, the supporting ecosystem that was part of those original list prices no longer exists.

IMO, the current prices are still quite inflated - at least until the DMOC and VCU issues are sorted, at which point the current prices become just a bit inflated...

Cheers,
matt.
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

Remotecontact wrote: I've got over 100 of the AC24LS motors, ... I'm looking to sell most of it. I think a group buy is a good idea to save on freight.
AC24LS $200.
This is a steal.

Already some 11 of these motors are sold. However, it should be noted that they could well be the version of this motor that is designed only to connect with the Azure Dynamics 10:1 reduction gearbox, which may not be so easy to source. To connect to anything else, they may well need some extra metalwork and a bearing.

See this DIYelectriccar thread for more information, starting here:

http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/sh ... post334266

If however these motors are the ones with the "C-face", then they are indeed a very good bargain (though the freight will reduce the sweetness a little for Australian buyers).

RemoteContact: one photo of the drive end of one of the motors will settle this (assuming that they are all the same).

[ Edit: the first post of that thread has photos of what I'm on about. ]

[ Edit2: with the intended gearbox, both delta and star (wye) configurations "are dogs" according to Tom of Reno:
http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/sh ... stcount=48 .
However, with a Curtis 1238 controller (550 or 650 A versions), this may well be a completely different story. ]
Last edited by coulomb on Sun, 02 Dec 2012, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
MG ZS EV 2021 April 2021. Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a coffee.
Remotecontact
Noobie

Post by Remotecontact »

The AC234LS motors I'm selling do have a splined shaft. However, the majority of them have the bearing installed making only shaft making the challenge. It's very possible to machine down the 1-1/8" spline to a 7/8" keyed shaft.

I really want people to get these DMOC's working!. I have one in my Azure/Ford transit connect and I love it! To see this sooner than later I'm going to drop the price on them to $1000.

I think i am Stiive's other contact. The prices I quoted were for Q=1. If you guys did a group buy of 6+ motors, I'd bring it down to that $1700 I quoted him earlier.
Stiive
Groupie

Post by Stiive »

Remotecontact wrote: The AC234LS motors I'm selling do have a splined shaft. However, the majority of them have the bearing installed making only shaft making the challenge. It's very possible to machine down the 1-1/8" spline to a 7/8" keyed shaft.

The question is though as Tesseract pointed out:
Tesseract wrote:That's not exactly what I asked... Rather, I am very curious to know if the people who have purchased these motors from you on ebay already knew or were otherwise warned that these motors do not have a typical end bell on the output shaft with a bearing to center the shaft and support radial loads.

More specifically, these motors are intended to be used with the AT1200 gearbox. There is a bearing on the shaft (that is held in place by the plate bolted to the front of the motor), but it is supposed to fit into a recess in the gearbox.

In other words, this motor is useless without doing one of the following:

1. Machine a new end bell to hold a standard permanently lubricated, sealed bearing to center and support the shaft (ie - like the C-face version of these motors).

2. Machine a recess into the motor to transmission adapter plate to accommodate the bearing that comes with the motor, but which is intended to mate with the AT1200 gearbox.

3. Finally, mate the motor to the matching AT1200 gearbox.

Also, I notice that your motors don't come with the 3ph. wiring harness attached. My understanding is that this harness was attached *after* the motors were rewound for a lower voltage. Have you looked at the data plate on the motor to see if that is the case?
I'm sure you'll answer this in due time on the DIY forum though.
Remotecontact wrote:I really want people to get these DMOC's working!. I have one in my Azure/Ford transit connect and I love it! To see this sooner than later I'm going to drop the price on them to $1000.

Send me one. I'll get it working for u and send back the code. It'll be worth ur while cus then ur other ones will be worth $5k plus :P
Remotecontact wrote:I think i am Stiive's other contact. The prices I quoted were for Q=1. If you guys did a group buy of 6+ motors, I'd bring it down to that $1700 I quoted him earlier.

Yes you were the contact for $1,666. It seems not alot of interest at this point anymore though with the AC24L. Knowing just how many are floating around now, i think i'm going to hold off a bit and try for ~$1500 landed - I'm in no rush.

How much do you estimate shipping to Australia for a AC24L?
Rgds,
Stiive
thebiggerboat
Noobie
AIM: thebiggerboat

Post by thebiggerboat »

Still very much interested in the motor and controller here, but echoing what Stiive just said.

I'm in for $1,500 for the motor and waiting to hear what the likely usefullness of the controller will be.

Interested in the rest of the kit if it gets a group buy over the line, but it depends on the price. I'd put the stuff to use eventually but not at the cost of affording the primary interest, being the motor and controller.

I'm not in a rush either, except I want in before the price goes through the roof Image

I'm in and out of contact at the moment as I'm getting ready to go back to Afghanistan shortly so if a confirmed number for a group buy gets up don't wait for me. I'll be pissed, but don't wait for me lol.
'...it's only an island if you look at it from the water...'
celectric
Groupie

Post by celectric »

Hmm, shame, I was very keen on the $1,666 price and the AC24LS doesn't really do it for me.
Stiive
Groupie

Post by Stiive »

celectric wrote: Hmm, shame, I was very keen on the $1,666 price and the AC24LS doesn't really do it for me.

How many do you want again celectric? I'm still looking to get some in cheaper than Remote's quote.

I'm also going to try get a AC24L, if people want to do a group buy after acceptable answers to the outstanding questions - i'm a bit of a motor hoarder atm.
Rgds,
Stiive
celectric
Groupie

Post by celectric »

Just one. :)
Stiive
Groupie

Post by Stiive »

celectric wrote: Just one. :)

Ah sorry, it was Shirker who was in for 3. He's only got 2 AEVA points, hope he's real Image
Rgds,
Stiive
Shirker
Groupie

Post by Shirker »

Don't worry, I'm real, and serious, and funded :-)
celectric
Groupie

Post by celectric »

Shirker wrote: Don't worry, I'm real, and serious, and funded :-)

Shirker, you expressed interest in the AC24LS, are you also still interested in the 1PV5135?

Who else is still in the group buy for the 1PV5135 at $1,666?
Last edited by celectric on Mon, 03 Dec 2012, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
BigMouse

Post by BigMouse »

Stiive wrote:
celectric wrote: Hmm, shame, I was very keen on the $1,666 price and the AC24LS doesn't really do it for me.

How many do you want again celectric? I'm still looking to get some in cheaper than Remote's quote.

I'm also going to try get a AC24L, if people want to do a group buy after acceptable answers to the outstanding questions - i'm a bit of a motor hoarder atm.
If the AC24L is usable without modification (splined shaft is okay, missing bearing is not), then I'll take one of those. If there is one with a missing bearing, I'd probably be interested in it too at a lower price so I could experiment with a ACIM siamese arrangement.

Do these motors have encoders installed?
Stiive
Groupie

Post by Stiive »

BigMouse wrote:

If the AC24L is usable without modification (splined shaft is okay, missing bearing is not), then I'll take one of those. If there is one with a missing bearing, I'd probably be interested in it too at a lower price so I could experiment with a ACIM siamese arrangement.

Do these motors have encoders installed?

One of the bearings is an encoder bearing. No idea if its the missing one or not
Rgds,
Stiive
BigMouse

Post by BigMouse »

Tesseract wrote:Also, I notice that your motors don't come with the 3ph. wiring harness attached. My understanding is that this harness was attached *after* the motors were rewound for a lower voltage. Have you looked at the data plate on the motor to see if that is the case?
I'm guessing the concern Tesseract is raising is whether or not these have been rewound to the lower voltage, or if they're still 220v wound from the factory.
Stiive
Groupie

Post by Stiive »

BigMouse wrote:
Tesseract wrote:Also, I notice that your motors don't come with the 3ph. wiring harness attached. My understanding is that this harness was attached *after* the motors were rewound for a lower voltage. Have you looked at the data plate on the motor to see if that is the case?
I'm guessing the concern Tesseract is raising is whether or not these have been rewound to the lower voltage, or if they're still 220v wound from the factory.

Yeh, I'm guessing everyone here is hoping for the lower voltage Image
Even if it is rewound, having the harness would have been nice.

Shame all these different motors didn't end up in Australia, it seems we have the most enthusiastic AC community
Rgds,
Stiive
Shirker
Groupie

Post by Shirker »

The AC234LS motors I'm selling do have a splined shaft. However, the majority of them have the bearing installed making only shaft making the challenge. It's very possible to machine down the 1-1/8" spline to a 7/8" keyed shaft.

Remote - perhaps you could post some pics, to be sure we're all on the same page?

BTW, where are you in the US? Given the amount of money we're talking about, I'm sure you wouldn't mind a friend of mine dropping by to shake your hand?
Shirker
Groupie

Post by Shirker »

celectric wrote:Shirker, you expressed interest in the AC24LS, are you also still interested in the 1PV5135?

Yes - my ideal is:
* 3 x set of {1PV5135, DMOC645, eGearDrive} - assuming all outstanding questions are answered
* 1 x AC24LS @ $200
Stiive
Groupie

Post by Stiive »

Shirker wrote:
celectric wrote:Shirker, you expressed interest in the AC24LS, are you also still interested in the 1PV5135?

Yes - my ideal is:
* 3 x set of {1PV5135, DMOC645, eGearDrive} - assuming all outstanding questions are answered
* 1 x AC24LS @ $200

Jack and LLoyd (eBay seller) are the only one with the borg warner transmissions that I have heard of.
Rgds,
Stiive
NO CRUDE
Noobie

Post by NO CRUDE »

i am posting the link so all can see what the motors look like from the shaft end and what tess is talking about in his posts.. i have 1 tranny also contact off list if interested
http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/sh ... ght=AC24LS
thebiggerboat
Noobie
AIM: thebiggerboat

Post by thebiggerboat »

Yep for me.

1 x motor @ $1,666 - definately.
1 x controller @ price dependant.
1 each piece of the rest of the swag (pumps etc...) depends on price. If the price is right I'd take one whole set.
'...it's only an island if you look at it from the water...'
a4x4kiwi

Post by a4x4kiwi »

Has anyone ordered from Andy / Lloyd already. I would like to ask a question re shipping, and customs.

Feel free to call me 0409 601 747 or PM me your number.

Cheers,
Mal.
Silicon is just sand with attitude.

Blog: http://malfunction.faed.name
srs
Noobie

Post by srs »

Hi All

Coming in a bit late here I know, but I would take a 1PV5135 motor at the $1666 price also. I am in the Brisbane area.

cheers Scott
celectric
Groupie

Post by celectric »

srs wrote:Coming in a bit late here I know, but I would take a 1PV5135 motor at the $1666 price also. I am in the Brisbane area.

Is that our 6th, Stiive? Image