Retro EV sports car by Toyota

Open for any sort of non-technical discussion regarding EVs
Mr Camouflage
Groupie

Post by Mr Camouflage »

The website is a bit hard to read, so here's what it says.

"With emerging concerns for environment and energy, it is natural for automobile industry to produce earth-conscious and fuel-efficient vehicle today. Pursuing functionality and efficiency, however, it led to lose some sense of excitement which old-time car used to have and amusement to drive. As a result, it is often said that younger generations tend to lose their interests in automobile. Under those situation, On January 2012,CRAZY CAR PROJECT, by TOYOTA Automobile Association, launch in the purpose of making people feel an excitement of driving and to have a chance to think about our earth in an innovative way.

Refining the body by high-skilled engineers and reproducing the streamlined-body more than the original, 2000GT Solar EV (2000GT SEV) is developed under the concept of a car going 200km/h speed for two people, moreover, it overturns the images of typical solar car.

Advanced bio-material, Alcanntara, makes the interior of 2000GT SEV feel a sense of luxury, And, the lacquer-painted panels is coating with gold and silver. In addition, keeping the sense of the original, we developed 7 unique new meters for EV, furthermore, new-developed inner mirror allows you to switch the inner mirror’s to the image monitor.

Indeed, solar energy panels are equipped with the engine hood, which stored the energy in a lithium-ion batteries, the LSHV motor, and also the original pedaling sound system are supplied. So, it is a genuine future-car, which people could enjoy driving with achieving ultimate zero missions."

Visit the website for a 2 minute video of the car

http://www.crazycarproject.jp/
Richo

Post by Richo »

Is that where the Australian government grant to Toyota went Image
So the short answer is NO but the long answer is YES.
Help prevent road rage - get outta my way!
Richo

Post by Richo »

So it's like the Tesla off Top Gear - they have to push it most of the time ?!?

Because when you are a leading car manufacturer with a new Electric vehicle you want to show it needs to be pushed regularly Image

It's a conspiracy I tell ya.
I'm suprised they didn't do the MieV trick and recharge it 100m away from anything for safety...
Richo

Post by Richo »

I kind of like the car - maybe take 7 gauges out of the dash tho - it looks too cluttered.
I guess that was the "CRAZY" aspect of it.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Looks like a real nice EV conversion but calling it a Solar EV is a bit dodgy! Image
Mr Camouflage
Groupie

Post by Mr Camouflage »

Well if you dont like that maybe the Nismo Leaf is more to your liking.
Nisom Leaf
AMPrentice

Post by AMPrentice »

with all that money and resources they put ugly wheels from a skyline on it and made it look like a ricer special. Good way to ruin a classic.

Nismo Leaf could do with more chrome work like the Alfa Romeo 8c.

For me you need to go back to the streamlined masterpieces of the 20s and 30s much like the Talbot Lago, Bugattis and Scarabs. Thin wheel with aero hubbies look awesome on those things.

http://www.bozhdynsky.com/cars/talbot-lago-t-150/
Last edited by AMPrentice on Tue, 31 Jan 2012, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

No Queen, No Prime Minister, No hierarchical system to break down our communities
Never vote Labour, Liberal or Maggots like them.