QLD Branch

Fo those who are not local to a branch, or looking at starting one
Hatchet
Groupie

QLD Branch

Post by Hatchet »

Yup, I'm in for any meeting branch or Better Place. Mt Gravatt is fine.
Brett
Jeff Owen
Groupie

QLD Branch

Post by Jeff Owen »

Will there be charging available?
Justin Sawell
Noobie

QLD Branch

Post by Justin Sawell »

Sure: You bring the extension cord, I'll bring a powerboard to make sure there's enough powerpoints to go around.

I'm just getting confirmation from the council at the moment. I will post details once things are finalised.
The future of transport is electric. Get on board or get out of the way!
woody

QLD Branch

Post by woody »

You've been watching too much MacGuyver if you think you can hang 4 EV's off a powerboard. Most have a 10Amp circuit breaker, you can't run 2 kettles through it. You'll want 1 EV per power point :-)
Planned EV: '63 Cortina using AC and LiFePO4 Battery Pack
Justin Sawell
Noobie

QLD Branch

Post by Justin Sawell »

BUAHAHHA. Thanks for alerting me to the impact of my post.

What I intended was to run all the A/V stuff off 1 powerpoint and leave the rest to the extension cords. I'll check the number of power points and include it in the info sheet.

lithbattboss
Groupie

QLD Branch

Post by lithbattboss »

Hatchet wrote: Yup, I'm in for any meeting branch or Better Place. Mt Gravatt is fine.
Brett

All you Brisbane guys might want to have a look at Shaun Williams Electric Toyota Echo conversion. Shaun lives in Upper Mount Gravatt.
Shaun is one of the most experienced guys in the Brisbane region when it comes to EV's. He has a great journal on his website going though all stages of his conversion from a petrol polluter to the most environmetally friendly EV on the road. Shaun recently fitted solar panels on the roof of his house so there are nil emisions generated when he recharges the batteries for both his electric car as well as his electric lawnmower.
His Electric Echo website is here- http://www.electric-echo.com/
Where power matters.
XPS Power cells 25C discharge for high performance applicatiopns.
www.lifetechlithium.com
weber
Site Admin

QLD Branch

Post by weber »

I'd like to get together with other Brisbane region EVers for an informal chat. Not interested in "Better Place".
One of the fathers of MeXy the electric MX-5, along with Coulomb and Newton (Jeff Owen).
PaulGellatly
Noobie

QLD Branch

Post by PaulGellatly »

I'm also interested in coming to a meeting. However my plan for the VS Ute with AC55kw and LiFePo, is further away from happening than ever due to my financial situation. But I'd still like to come along and chat to you guys. Any venue will do.

Paul G
Justin Sawell
Noobie

QLD Branch

Post by Justin Sawell »

I've tentatively booked the Upper Mt Gravatt community hall for Sat 16th May from 12pm to 3pm. Awaiting the OK from Better Place speaker, but I don't see a problem since there is sufficient advance notice.

For those who aren't interested in BP, please come along anyway and meet others, review conversions and chat afterwards.

Once BP and the council confirm the booking, I will prepare a pdf flyer and post it up so you can all stay informed.
neilcrisp
Noobie

QLD Branch

Post by neilcrisp »

Thanks for organising this Justin. It's a great opportunity for EV enthusiasts in the Brisbane area to get together.
mcudogs
Groupie

QLD Branch

Post by mcudogs »

I am interested in coming to the meeting. I don't have an EV yet, still in the planning stages. With the amount of options out there I think it's going to be a long process.Image
I suppose I should just jump in and do a simple DC/LA conversion first to get me started.

The other problem I have is that I only have an automatic license so it will have to be an auto or no gearbox.

Do any of you guys know a good workshop in Bris to get the motor / gearbox coupling designed and manufactured?
Justin Sawell
Noobie

QLD Branch

Post by Justin Sawell »

All you Brisbane guys might want to have a look at Shaun Williams Electric Toyota Echo conversion. Shaun lives in Upper Mount Gravatt.

His Electric Echo website is here- http://www.electric-echo.com/

Shaun is coming to the meeting and will bring the EE to take guests for a quick spin.

Sat 16th May 2009, 12.00pm, Upper Mt Gravatt progress hall, 1873 Logan Rd (Opposite McDonalds, between the High School and the bowls club)

Mr. Mik
Groupie

QLD Branch

Post by Mr. Mik »

Hi,
I'd like to attend at Mt Gravatt.

To get there in style, I need to have at least one recharge between the Gold Coast and Mt Gravatt.

Anyone interested in lending me 2hrs and 4.5kWh, somewhere around Wet-and-Wild, Movieworld etc?? And the same for the way back, please...

Is there another thread somewhere with more up-to-date info about this meeting?
Last edited by Mr. Mik on Thu, 07 May 2009, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
There is always a way if there is no other way!
coulomb
Site Admin

QLD Branch

Post by coulomb »

Mr. Mik wrote: Is there another thread somewhere with more up-to-date info about this meeting?

More details here.
MG ZS EV 2021 April 2021. Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a coffee.
BaronVonChickenPants
Groupie

QLD Branch

Post by BaronVonChickenPants »

I would love to attend, hope no one is offended if I bring a petrol beast.

Jordan.
Justin Sawell
Noobie

QLD Branch

Post by Justin Sawell »

You can charge at my place if you like. I can leave an extension cord draped over the garage door. I'm at Edens Landing, just off the freeway in Beenleigh.

0406 249 016 if you're interested
Mr. Mik
Groupie

QLD Branch

Post by Mr. Mik »

Hi Justin,

as discussed earlier, I'm planning to stop at your place for the third charging stop on the way there, and for my first stop on the way back home.

I hope to make it to your place by 0930am and will need about 7A @ 240V until 1100am to make it to the event in Upper Mt. Gravatt.

I'll bring a long extension chord because I'll also need to charge for the entire time of the meeting at Mt Gravatt.

On the way back home I'm hoping to charge from 1530pm with 7A @ 240V for about 60min, and for about another 90min with 2.5A @ 240V. I need the battery full to make it to the next stop at Tamborine, flowing with the fast traffic.

I tried to ring, but no luck so far. I'll try again later.

Last edited by Mr. Mik on Thu, 14 May 2009, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
There is always a way if there is no other way!
Justin Sawell
Noobie

QLD Branch

Post by Justin Sawell »

Yeah cool. It usually helps if I post up the right phone number. I've just re-read my post the there's a typo in it. That's what you get for typing with one hand while bottle feeding a screaming 2-month-old who's just crapped his nappy.

The real number is 0408 249 016. Apologies for that!

I'll leave the cord out tonight so whatever time you get there it will be ready. 11 Eden Close Edens Landing. I'll leave the bin in the driveway because few of the houses are numbered...

Also, can I put a general note out there for all attendees to bring as many extension cords as possible? There are 3 or 4 powerpoints inside the hall that we can use but we need to get 5 or 6 meters out the window to the carpark...
Last edited by Justin Sawell on Fri, 15 May 2009, 05:47, edited 1 time in total.