Audi forum reorganisation

Audi EV interest group
coulomb
Site Admin

Audi forum reorganisation

Post by coulomb »

I've reorganised the Audi forum as a sub forum of a new forum called VW Group. [ Edit: now undone; see below. ] It has a Volkswagen subforum as well as a Porsche sub forum now. I'll leave it at the top of the Production Vehucles forum group for now, for those wondering where the Audi forum went.

Later it will go near the end, to keep the forums in alphabetical order. Maybe one day we'll reorganise by popularity or some other order.
MG ZS EV 2021 April 2021. Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a coffee.
Bryce

Re: Audi forum reorganisation

Post by Bryce »

Perhaps not the best arrangement - yes, Audi, Porsche, Skoda etc are part of the VW group - but it is not widely understood by the general public that this is the case. Suggest keeping them as separate marques.

Either that, or put Nissan, Mitsubishi and Renault under a category called 'Renault Group'! ;-)

Cheers
Bryce
Current EV drive: 2019 Kona electric, 2010 iMiEV
Also in family: 2019 Renault Zoe
Past drives: 2011 Blade Getz, 2011 Leaf, 2001 Citroen Berlingo conversion
Past Conversions: DC Berlingo, AC Berlingo, AC Sprinter
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

Bryce wrote: Tue, 09 Feb 2021, 10:14 but it is not widely understood by the general public that this is the case. Suggest keeping them as separate marques.
Yes, I suppose. I'll make them separate for now, until we all get sick of scrolling through so many "brands"...

Thanks for the comment.

Edit: Done. So now the net effect of the recent changes is to add the Porsche and Volkswagen forums. I'll probably move Mini out of BMW and Kia out of Hyundai for uniformity soon, depending on the reaction.
MG ZS EV 2021 April 2021. Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a coffee.
Chuq
Groupie

Post by Chuq »

Could I make a suggestion....

Perhaps we don't need separate forums for every manufacturer?

Some of the existing ones have existed for years and have less than 10 posts. I don't think having them in their own forums really makes it easier to use. If people want BMW, or Jaguar, or Mazda topics, they can pop those in the search bar and get all the relevant threads?

I personally don't browse the individual forums, unless I'm going to create a new post and have to find a suitable place to put it... I just use the "New posts" or "Unread posts" from the top toolbar.
bje
Groupie

Post by bje »

Chuq wrote: Thu, 11 Feb 2021, 16:20 Perhaps we don't need separate forums for every manufacturer?

Some of the existing ones have existed for years and have less than 10 posts. I don't think having them in their own forums really makes it easier to use. If people want BMW, or Jaguar, or Mazda topics, they can pop those in the search bar and get all the relevant threads?
I like the way the manufacturers are broken out at present. It makes it much easier to browse. Perhaps if there are long-standing forums as you describe with 10 posts or less, they could be consolidated into an "Other" forum? I guess the main issue is that we don't want to delete old posts. Archiving is important!
svetlanat
Noobie

Post by svetlanat »

Hi, I like the different forum per brand too, just like bje. The first thing I did when seeing this forum is look at what each brand has available and how it is discussed. That looks pretty useful.