Charger controlled by your key

MG EV Interest Group
Nagaman

Charger controlled by your key

Post by Nagaman »

In Shepparton the free type 2 22kwh chargers immediately initialise and start charging as soon as you plug in without any other procedure……..and effectively stopped by using the unlock button on your key fob……at least with the MG.
I can’t recall a faster simpler setup.
The Mennekes cables provided are tethered but I think they should be under surveillance 24/7 ……they are valuable.
coulomb
Site Admin

Re: Charger controlled by your key

Post by coulomb »

Nagaman wrote: Sun, 02 May 2021, 11:56 …..and effectively stopped by using the unlock button on your key fob……at least with the MG.
I find with mine (manufactured 7/12/2020), pressing the button on the driver's door handle also stops the charge. I think I read somewhere that this is supposed to be a way to get into the car without stopping the charge.
MG ZS EV 2021 April 2021. Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a coffee.
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

coulomb wrote: Sun, 02 May 2021, 16:16
Nagaman wrote: Sun, 02 May 2021, 11:56 …..and effectively stopped by using the unlock button on your key fob……at least with the MG.
I find with mine (manufactured 7/12/2020), pressing the button on the driver's door handle also stops the charge. I think I read somewhere that this is supposed to be a way to get into the car without stopping the charge.
To me at least it seems odd that the plug release zzzz is accompanied by a signal to the charger……hmmm…..perhaps something called an instant load shedding situation causes the charger to shut off because the car’s charging solenoid isolates the battery on the key/handle button signal.
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

I don’t know if this info applies to all non Teslas, but I stopped the home wall charger also by using the key fob ….rather than via the unit’s control face which I had always done before.
Just more magic.