Mini electric fact Sheet now up on AEVA website

Electric Mini discussion forum
Bryce

Mini electric fact Sheet now up on AEVA website

Post by Bryce »

Hi all - have just completed and uploaded to the AEVA website a Fact Sheet on the Mini Cooper electric. Will work on improving it further once a few more details come out - I couldn't get the car width for open and closed mirrors for instance.

Note this is to the new Version 7 Fact Sheet template. Now includes 0 - 100km/h time plus a couple of other items.

Cheers
Bryce
P.S. Porsche Taycan will be the next Fact Sheet. BTW: anyone got a Taycan to offer me a test drive of? ;-)
Current EV drive: 2019 Kona electric, 2010 iMiEV
Also in family: 2019 Renault Zoe
Past drives: 2011 Blade Getz, 2011 Leaf, 2001 Citroen Berlingo conversion
Past Conversions: DC Berlingo, AC Berlingo, AC Sprinter
jonescg

Re: Mini electric fact Sheet now up on AEVA website

Post by jonescg »

I'll try and get the Livewire write up for you too 🙂
AEVA National President, WA branch director.
lopezjm2001
Groupie

Post by lopezjm2001 »

Can you provide a link to this fact sheet? Thanks.
2016 BMW i3 94AH
13.08 Batt.Kapa.max 29.7 kWh(13/08/2018)
13.08 Batt.Kapa.max 28.7 kWh(22/06/2020)
jonescg

Post by jonescg »

AEVA National President, WA branch director.
jsvader
Noobie

Post by jsvader »

Just a few corrections for the fact sheet. I realise you are probably just quoting the manufacturer data, but the real world tested data is quite different, especially in warmer parts of Australia.

1) The WLTP range is actually quite good. I am getting around 250km in mixed driving. To get only 200km, you would need to go at a constant 110km/h.

2) My average kWh/100 is around 10.5-12 depending on how much fun I have. At 120kph, the mini uses 17.8, and at 90kph it uses 12.8. 15 would be around 110kph continuous. An average of 15kWh/100 with a 28.9kWh battery would suggest a range of only 190km.

3) The third thing is the 0-100 is woefully wrong. The correct figures are 6.3s (0-60mph) and 6.6s (0-100kph) as tested by multiple sources (not manufacturer claimed).

4) The usable is 28.9kWh

The width with/without mirrors is: 1928mm/1727mm according to the manual.
antiscab

Post by antiscab »

Jsvader - are your kwh/100km figures quoted by the car? or are you measuring on recharge (AC pulled from the wall)?

The later is generally used for comparing EV efficiency, as it includes all the round trip losses
Matt
2023 BYD Atto 3 - 21k km
2017 Renault zoe - 147'000km
2012 Leaf - 101'000km - soon to be trialing a booster battery
2007 Vectrix - 197'000km (retired)
2007 Vectrix - 50k km
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Hi jsvader: Probably I should have left a few of them as TBC really - but was trying to be at least partially helpful.

I normally only quote official numbers from a particular set of sources in all parts of the Fact Sheets. Avoids the argument on who is 'more right' if I stick to one set of official sources. (Usually that's the Aust government Green Vehicle Guide for quoted range and kWh/100km and US EPA for real-world and manufacturer for all other vehicle data) - but the Mini electric isn't listed on the GVG site, so for the moment I'm using the manufacturer's numbers (which are slightly incomplete at present!), NEDC and/or WLTP. When it's listed on the GVG site, I'll replace it with those figures when available to keep it the same as all the others.

Also annoyingly, not all the manufacturer data is yet available - owner's manual would be useful, but there is no owner manual available for the Mini electric on the web yet. (I often refer to online owner manuals when checking data for the Fact Sheets).

Note: the 0 - 100 figure is the manufacturer quoted number in the brochures. What the leadfoot (or nervous Nelly) motoring writers with erratic stopwatch fingers come up with is too subjective for me ;-)

BTW: US EPA range for it is only 177km. I am watching that number for a revision, seems way too low. Hence I picked a 190km number as a more likely figure for the range section. (And Rye Hotel has a 3 phase AC charger :-) ) Thanks for confirming it is OK.

FYI: Don't get me started on GVG using NEDC figures - which is why I use US EPA for the 'real-world' range quoted in all the Fact Sheets :-)

Provided I use the same source (GVG) for the kWh number for all EVs, it will give a comparison figure - even if it's not the full picture.

Oh - and I rounded the 28.9 to 29 kWh. Watts 100Wh between friends? ;-)

Cheers
Bryce
Current EV drive: 2019 Kona electric, 2010 iMiEV
Also in family: 2019 Renault Zoe
Past drives: 2011 Blade Getz, 2011 Leaf, 2001 Citroen Berlingo conversion
Past Conversions: DC Berlingo, AC Berlingo, AC Sprinter
jsvader
Noobie

Post by jsvader »

Hi Bryce,

That is what I thought. You can't really do anything but that. I have the manual - that is where I got the width figure from :) I find the WLTP figures far more accurate than the EPA. The EPA use a "0.7 fudge factor" which takes the actual range obtained under experiment and multiplies by 0.7 to "simulate" the real world. Works for some, but not all cars. The Taycan was *way* off, as is the mini. I think your assumptions are probably a good approximation - and it is always a good feeling when you better the stats for any car :)

As far as 0-100, I only accept vbox/hardware timing (not stopwatch or frame grabbers). The most recent "Car and Driver" test was actually even faster. They went to a drag strip and got 6.1s 0-60mph, and 14.8s 1/4 mile - all professionally timed. That makes the little beasty quite a quick little beasty.
jsvader
Noobie

Post by jsvader »

antiscab - yep, car measured not at the "pump". The car measurements are more for calculating range, whereas the pump is for price/km. You could have 100kWh of losses and you car will still go the same distance as if you had 0kWh losses. It would cost a lot more though per km :)