PIP-5048MG Batteryless operation

non-EV Solar, Wind and other renewable power sources
non-EV batteries and other energy storage stuff
Forum rules
Important!
This forum is for discussion of Non-EV matters.
dRdoS7
Groupie

PIP-5048MG Batteryless operation

Post by dRdoS7 »

Hi,

As per Subject: Has anybody run their 5048MG in Batteryless mode long term?

I've found this post: https://powerforum.co.za/topic/3687-pip ... id-assist/

It mentions a possible grid feedback.

I'm hopefully returning my NiFe cells soon. Seller has agreed to me returning them for a full refund. Lucky I hung on to the crates & packing. Still dragging his heels with the first 50% though.

Once I send them back, I'm without battery for a while, maybe a month, so I'm hoping to run without, but I don't want to stuff up the inverter.

Thanks,

dRdoS7
paulvk
Groupie

Re: PIP-5048MG Batteryless operation

Post by paulvk »

Sorry to hear your NiFe did not work out.
I have now been pulling 70Ah out of 38 cells each night across the lead acid bank.
I will go into detail in the NiFe posts later.
birdibird
Noobie

Post by birdibird »

I have used the MG long term batteryless in both off-grid and on-grid situations.
It works fine.
I did not measure though if there was any grid feedback with the on-grid setup, so I cannot answer that....
dRdoS7
Groupie

Post by dRdoS7 »

Hi,
birdibird wrote: Thu, 08 Oct 2020, 01:32 I have used the MG long term batteryless in both off-grid and on-grid situations.
It works fine.
I did not measure though if there was any grid feedback with the on-grid setup, so I cannot answer that....
Thanks for the info.

I should be able to tell if there's any marked increase in exports, as there are 2 monitors on the grid-tied system (one from the utility, and one of mine which uploads to PVOutput). Plus, there's the reading of the GT inverter, which is fairly close in value to the other 2 (except I have to manually read it). I have noticed that the Utility reading is always slightly higher than the GT inverter reading.

Still have my NiFes, they maybe going back to the seller next week.

There's been a bit of a delay: the transport company won't pick up from my home, and I'm not taking them across town in a trailer to their depot.

I contacted another transport company, but haven't given a price yet. At least they will pick up from home.

I'll have to go batteryless soon anyway, as I've almost run out of distilled water! About 3 litres left.

The LFP I have ordered are in port, don't know how long it takes for Customs to process them. They are about 70km from here, in a shipping container. Could be weeks.

dRdoS7