AEVA Members: your Forum Login (here) is NOT the same as your new AEVA member login.
You do not need to change your existing Forum login.

EaSun, 3kW, 24V, 500v dc PV (PIP 3024 GK), short input 230 v AC

non-EV Solar, Wind and other renewable power sources
non-EV batteries and other energy storage stuff
Forum rules
Important!
This forum is for discussion of Non-EV matters.
Grovter
Noobie

EaSun, 3kW, 24V, 500v dc PV (PIP 3024 GK), short input 230 v AC

Post by Grovter »

Hello Colleagues.

My name is Marcin. My english is poor i use google translate.
A year ago I bought an Easun inverter (EASUN POWER Bluetooth Inverter 3000W 500Vdc PV 230Vac 24Vdc 80A MPPT Solar Charger Support Mobile Monitoring USB LCD Control). It looks like PIP 3024 GK.

He worked for a year in the configuration: Solar (1kw + 24v agm battery, 200 AH). The 230V network was not connected. I decided to check how it will work with the 230 V network connected.
I connected L, N, PE. Everything was OK . He worked all night but in the morning there was a short circuit.
The 230V fuses have been turned off. The solar side has been closed. The battery fuse has blown.

I don't have much experience with electronics but sometimes I can fix something. I decided to try.
I changed the mosfet transistors on the battery side. 8 pieces TK100E08N1. 6 were burned.
I changed all of them.[image=][/image]
I changed the battery fuse to good and connected the battery.
Inverter started with error 09 (known and liked :)). I kept looking.

I found 4 compact IGBTs (STGW80H65DFB). I fixed it in working order.
I made another attempt to run. Inverter has already started without error 09. (almost successful)
The output was 230 V 50 Hz. Everything looked ok.

So I connected solar.
However, the battery charging voltage was too high (34V) and the charging current was too high.
I was looking again. I found a compact next IGBT STGW80H65DFB next to the diode on the heat sink
and new IGBTs. I replaced it with a new one and made another attempt.
The inverter has started well. 230V output ok, connected solar, charging approx. Charging current and charging voltage approx. There is hope .

Then I connected the 230 V network. So Solar configuration, battery, 230 V network.
At the beginning everything was ok. The inverter has started working. Charged the battery from a 230 V network (USB configuration), powered the output from a 230 V network. Suddenly after a minute there was a short circuit. The fuse on the network side (input 230v) has been broken.
I think that this was the cause of the first failure of the inverter. But why?
The inverter in the solar + battery configuration works well. However, after connecting the 230V network
makes a short circuit.

Any of you colleagues have an idea? Everything looks ok on the motherboard
Works well with the battery, works well with the solar.
When I connect the network, after a while it makes a short circuit.
Maybe someone will find time to ponder the problem with me?

p.s. I've made some photos but I can't publish them yet.
Attachments
new mosfet transistors
new mosfet transistors
zamienione igbt .jpg (1.92 MiB) Viewed 342 times
new igbt transistors
new igbt transistors
zamienione igbt .jpg (1.92 MiB) Viewed 342 times
Last edited by Grovter on Mon, 20 Apr 2020, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

coulomb
Site Admin

Re: EaSun, 3kW, 24V, 500v dc PV (PIP 3024 GK), short input 230 v AC

Post by coulomb »

Grovter wrote:
Fri, 17 Apr 2020, 16:34
Then I connected the 230 V network. So Solar configuration, battery, 230 V network.
At the beginning everything was ok. The inverter has started working. Charged the battery from a 230 V network (USB configuration), powered the output from a 230 V network. Suddenly after a minute there was a short circuit. The fuse on the network side (input 230v) has been broken.
I think that this was the cause of the first failure of the inverter. But why?
The inverter in the solar + battery configuration works well. However, after connecting the 230V network
makes a short circuit.
Some of the smaller models have a dedicated AC to DC converter to charge the battery (i.e. a standard batter charger). 3 kVA is right on the border; it might have such a separate converter, or it might use the inverter-proper in reverse like the 5 kVA models do.

My guess is that it's the former, and you have an intermittent fault in that AC-DC converter (battery charger). Unfortunately, I'm only familiar with the 5 kVA models, so I don't know anything about that converter.

This service manual for 1-3 kVA models on page 10 has a basic schematic for the AC-DC converter (charger), that may be of some assistance. I hope you haven't blown a bunch of other parts again in the process. Good luck!
Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
1.4 kW solar with 1.2 kW Latronics inverter and FIT.
160 W solar, 2.5 kWh 24 V battery for lights.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.

Grovter
Noobie

Post by Grovter »

Hello Culomb. Thank you very much for your response and tips. Nice to meet you . I have read many of your posts and topics. It was thanks to your discussions that my repairs were not stupid.

I think my head must rest. Maybe some good thought will come. I check my device all the time. The fuse was burning because L was changed from N to AC 230V input. Correcting the error has corrected the problem. However, I noticed that the inverter in USB and SUB mode, 1 A current from AC network. But charging the battery is only about 2A DC. 2A X 27V = 54W DC. Where is the rest of the power consumed? The inverter was not loaded with any equipment. In SBU mode, the current on the AC side is zero. The transformer working with IGBT transistors heats up about 70 degrees censorship. Is it possible that this is a normal working temperature? The heat sink of the IGBTs is only a little warm. I guess I'll take out the inverter motherboard again and check again ...

As for the dedicated battery charger from AC to DC you were right. There is such a module. I disconnected it while checking. However, it doesn't seem like anything was wrong with her. When connected from a small TX, clear keying noise can be heard even at low battery charging current.

It is interesting that when the dedicated battery charger is disconnected, the battery is still charged from the 230V AC network but only in USB, SUB modes. No charging in SBU mode. (all tests were disconnected from PV).
Attachments
it's probably located here
it's probably located here
dedykowana ładowarka .jpg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 344 times
to hot transformer ?
to hot transformer ?
gorący transformator.jpg (2.05 MiB) Viewed 344 times

coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

Grovter wrote:
Mon, 20 Apr 2020, 00:34
The transformer working with IGBT transistors heats up about 70 degrees censorship. Is it possible that this is a normal working temperature? The heat sink of the IGBTs is only a little warm.
The device you highlighted in red isn't a transformer, it's an inductor, on the output of the inverter proper. Sadly, yes, that's probably normal. In this post, Weber measured over 100°C in a 5 kVA model running in battery mode with no load for an hour. BTW, it's worth scanning some of the subsequent posts on the inductor, especially on the next page. [ Edit: Weber's conclusion is that it's not worth rewinding that inductor with litz wire. ]
I noticed that the inverter in USB and SUB mode, 1 A current from AC network.
I believe that the 1 A is not in phase with the voltage, i.e. it's at a very low power factor. So that's some 230 VA, but probably well under 50 W.

Grovter
Noobie

Post by Grovter »

Hi Coulomb.

I decided yesterday to check the control signals on igbt (4x NGBT75N65F). A surprise. Look what I found. Transistor # 3 from the left. Yellow signal electrode G. Blue signal electrode E. Compared to the other transistors working in the bridge, this one is definitely different from the others. Has a lower value. If I think correctly, the transistors should be controlled symmetrically. I'm right ? I checked the resistors in the transistor's control circuit. They look good. Is it possible for the transistor to contain a control signal? Or is it T350?
Attachments
valid control signal. I think so
IMG_20200420_205700654.jpg (607.31 KiB) Viewed 308 times
IMG_20200420_204724506.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 308 times
control signal. electrode G. (yellow)
control signal. electrode G. (yellow)
IMG_20200420_210328016.jpg (702.79 KiB) Viewed 309 times
broken igbt?
broken igbt?
IMG_20200420_211609226.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 309 times

coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

Grovter wrote:
Tue, 21 Apr 2020, 15:48
Compared to the other transistors working in the bridge, this one is definitely different from the others. Has a lower value.
I think you may be overlooking the fact that the upper transistors in a full bridge have the bridge output on their emitters. The 400 V p-p signals are way too much for gate to emitter voltage; they will be ±20 V max. So to see the gate signals for the upper transistors, you need to use two traces, and use a maths mode to subtract the two. With all the high speed switching going on, it won't subtract perfectly. When the inverter is switching, it's nearly impossible to get rid of the switching glitches.

Your last photo shows gate drive with some ⅓ of a division amplitude, at 50 V per division, so that's roughly 16 V p-p of drive. That's a bit on the low side; I expect to see some +15 V for turn-on and -5 V for turn-off. You seem to have your DSO in AC mode; you need DC coupling mode to check whether the signal goes negative to properly turn off the IGBT.

coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

Grovter wrote:
Tue, 21 Apr 2020, 15:48
If I think correctly, the transistors should be controlled symmetrically.
Certainly the upper and lower gate drives should have about the same amplitude, with respect to their emitters. You may have a lot more trouble measuring the upper transistors' gate drive than the lower pair. Though keep in mind that the negative end of the DC bus which drives the full bridge may not be at earth or even neutral potential.

Of course, don't be tempted to connect the DSO earth lead to anything in this circuit.

Edit: I don't understand why you have a 50 Hz 400 V square wave in the middle photo. Something seems wrong there.

Grovter
Noobie

Post by Grovter »

coulomb wrote:
Tue, 21 Apr 2020, 18:52

You seem to have your DSO in AC mode; you need DC coupling mode to check whether the signal goes negative to properly turn off the IGBT.
You're right. It was like that.
Today I will take measurements again with my DSO in DC mode.

All measurements were made relative to the potential of the device housing.