PIP5048MG: 3Phase Configuration: Fault 08 and anomalies.

non-EV Solar, Wind and other renewable power sources
non-EV batteries and other energy storage stuff
Forum rules
Important!
This forum is for discussion of Non-EV matters.
TitchRSA
Noobie

Re: PIP5048MG: 3Phase Configuration: Fault 08 and anomalies.

Post by TitchRSA »

Hi @dRdoS7
I'm thinking of having a Latronics ATS installed soon, that has a 12ms transfer time.
Iv'e used a CHTCC device (single phase=ZHRV2-54T and 3-phase=ZHRV2-S45). These are quite handy little devices with a display - great for making a pseudo ATS. Lots of features and you can set over-voltage, under-voltage, transfer times etc. You will need a decent change-over contactor though (break-before-make and all that).

@TitchRSA

Revlac
Noobie

Post by Revlac »

I tried SOLAR PATROL some time back to monitor a few things over night, it did show the DC BUS voltage and it did change a little depending on the load used, however there was fair difference in the bus voltage of the 4048 compared to the 5048 inverter and that is to be expected.

Now I would expect the HV bus in a 3 phase setup to be about the same on each inverter running the same amount of power, if the one that has the error 08 has a higher DC bus voltage that might indicate a problem.

I would be interested to see how well that Transfer switch works.

birdibird
Noobie

Post by birdibird »

A friend of mine with a single MG has the #8 fault too. She confirmed it happens at night.
This setup is batteryless with solar and util connected.

My plan was to swap her MG (71.40) for mine (71.71), and see if it also happens with my MG on her setup (it doesn't on my setup).
I'll double check her settings and make sure to set CSO.

@TitchRSA Do I understand correctly you got a firmware update?
Can you please share that with us?

I'll update here what I can find out.