Grid Tied Wind Turbine - Champion Lakes

non-EV Solar, Wind and other renewable power sources
non-EV batteries and other energy storage stuff
Forum rules
Important!
This forum is for discussion of Non-EV matters.
adam lippiatt
Noobie

Grid Tied Wind Turbine - Champion Lakes

Post by adam lippiatt »

Hi

I saw something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TECHTONGDA-400 ... SwWw1a6Usu

at Champion Lakes today. It was sitting on the top of a roof, not elevated on a mast. Unfortunately I didn't have time to knock on the door and ask about it. [There was conduit, it didn't appear to just be being used to scare off the pigeons (if anyone knows about Champion Lakes and their pigeon problems).]

I expect wind at a few metres above the ground is not going to make a lot of power, but someone has gone to the trouble (and Perth is a windy town).

Has anyone got any positive experience with integrating a small wind turbine in a grid tied setup in Perth (surrounds) and getting past the local council / neighbours and making useful power?

I currently have a 3kW grid tied solar setup with a Powerwall 2 and it would be interesting to have the batteries lean on another generation source during periods of low insolation (as usual, it's the end of the day and there is only a faint glow of the sun on the sky but the wind is more than rustling the leaves).

Thanks

Adam

antiscab

Re: Grid Tied Wind Turbine - Champion Lakes

Post by antiscab »

Was this across the road from the aldi? The same place with the solar on trackers ?
Matt
2017 Renault zoe - 25'000km
2007 vectrix - 156'000km
1998 prius - needs Batt
1999 Prius - needs batt
2000 prius - has 200 x headway 38120 cells

adam lippiatt
Noobie

Re: Grid Tied Wind Turbine - Champion Lakes

Post by adam lippiatt »

This one is on Barrington Avenue. I will knock on the door next time I am passing.