PIP-5048MK inverter

non-EV Solar, Wind and other renewable power sources
non-EV batteries and other energy storage stuff
Forum rules
Important!
This forum is for discussion of Non-EV matters.
vibromaxx
Noobie

Re: PIP-5048MK inverter

Post by vibromaxx »

I have tried several times now, even if I press the "enter" button, nothing happens. Has anyone tried to install the update on their 5048MK?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-
vibromaxx wrote: ↑
Sun, 22 Dec 2019, 20:56
When i push the flash button in the Axpert Reflash, the WR display show UPG YES. 10 seconds after error code in the Software, the display looks like before.

You can press the enter button (right bottom) to start the flashing.
data
Noobie

Post by data »

@coulomb & @weber

Do you know if there is a command which will reply with the generated energy (as available on the display)?

I am referring to these display views (Page 32 of the USER'S MANUAL PDF for :

PV energy generated today and Load output energy today

PV energy generated this month and Load output energy this month.

PV energy generated this year and Load output energy this year.

PV energy generated totally and Load output total energy.
weber
Site Admin

Post by weber »

data wrote: Tue, 21 Jan 2020, 04:55 Do you know if there is a command which will reply with the generated energy (as available on the display)?
No, there are no such commands in the versions of the MK/King firmware that we have seen so far. Suorama's post with an infini protocol manual suggests that the commands, if they are ever implemented, might be QED, QEM, QEY, QET for day, month, year, total.
One of the fathers of MeXy the electric MX-5, along with Coulomb and Newton (Jeff Owen).
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

data wrote: Tue, 21 Jan 2020, 04:55 Do you know if there is a command which will reply with the generated energy (as available on the display)?
I concur with Weber. I can find the code that displays the PV energy generated today, but nowhere where it is displayed from a command.

There are no commands starting with QE either. The RTEY command clears PV and load storage, as documented in the PIP GK/MK protocol manual.

This does seem like an oversight. Hopefully it will be corrected in the future, but as of display firmware version 2.00, not yet. Display firmware version 2.00 is the latest I've seen; it comes with main PIP-5048MK firmware 71.86.

[ Edit Sep 2020: Now display firmware version 02.40 and 02.49 are available. The appropriate commands (QED etc) appeared sometime after 02.00 and possibly before 02.40. ]
MG ZS EV 2021 April 2021. Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a coffee.
data
Noobie

Post by data »

I thank you both very much!
affer
Groupie

Post by affer »

this project looks pretty interesting.. its apparently not ready yet, but i have signed up for more info..

https://solarmonitor.enapter.com
ojeysky
Groupie

Post by ojeysky »

affer wrote: Mon, 06 Jan 2020, 07:02 ive been using https://diytechandrepairs.nu/raspberry-solar/ for logging from my 5048 Mk in 2019...

on the display i can read out, daily, monthly, yearly and total usage/production - does any1 now of a similar to above project that will save and present these figures in a database?
I use solpiplog with emoncms all setup on RaspberryPi: https://github.com/njfaria/SolPipLog
XtractorFan
Groupie

Post by XtractorFan »

Yes, I use SolPipLog too.
The graphing function in Emoncms will log all the PIP data.
From that you can export daily, monthly or yearly data to csv file to import to Excell or a dbase if you need.
affer
Groupie

Post by affer »

solpiplog installed.. looking good. now to figure out emoncms.. any thing i can import and use?
XtractorFan
Groupie

Post by XtractorFan »

affer wrote: Wed, 12 Feb 2020, 01:27 now to figure out emoncms.. any thing i can import and use?
Yes, that's the challenge ;) - the documentation is there, but it's out of date and confusing - start trawling the 'net...
https://guide.openenergymonitor.org/emo ... econcepts/
https://github.com/emoncms/emoncms
I cheated and got help from Nuno :D
XtractorFan
Groupie

Post by XtractorFan »

affer
Groupie

Post by affer »

XtractorFan wrote: Wed, 12 Feb 2020, 15:48
affer wrote: Wed, 12 Feb 2020, 01:27 now to figure out emoncms.. any thing i can import and use?
Yes, that's the challenge ;) - the documentation is there, but it's out of date and confusing - start trawling the 'net...
https://guide.openenergymonitor.org/emo ... econcepts/
https://github.com/emoncms/emoncms
I cheated and got help from Nuno :D
thanks.. for a start i coubled up with pvoutput.. that is ok for a start.. waiting for https://solarmonitor.enapter.com . i think that will be super.

and in the meanwhile i changed to 3s3p instead og 4s2p.. and all panels south, instead of my east west orientation, that was a bit flaky when there was only sun.. it would not go to full production unless a shadow was over the panels for a sec. so now trying this 3s3+ setup for 2020
affer
Groupie

Post by affer »

XtractorFan wrote: Wed, 12 Feb 2020, 15:55 Perhaps have look at https://4wobi.com/newemoncms/
And if you speak German https://www.photovoltaikforum.com/threa ... /?pageNo=1
Thanks again XtractorFan

ive got in youch with numo (like you cheated) and he helped me setting up node red, so now when the battery is a 48v i switch to ECO mode, and back again to AUTO when i am at 54V, running only in SBU mode :-D what rools do you use i node red?
XtractorFan
Groupie

Post by XtractorFan »

affer wrote: Sun, 08 Mar 2020, 05:36
:-D what rools do you use i node red?
Glad Nuno helped :) - you've advanced much further than me, I haven't experimented with MQTT/Node Red....
My setup is complicated somewhat by having a Wind Turbine (48vDC 2KW) also charging the battey - so the PIP voltage/current read-out is not very accurate.
So I fitted a BMV 712 and use Nuno's BMV/Time switching to control charging etc. - seems to work well.
Apart from the 'default' 2A charge the PIP insists on pumping into the battery - even when you've told it NOT to use utility....
As you know the only way to stop that is ECO mode - but then the PIP ignores the 'back to battery' commands.
affer
Groupie

Post by affer »

XtractorFan wrote: Sun, 08 Mar 2020, 16:52
affer wrote: Sun, 08 Mar 2020, 05:36
:-D what rools do you use i node red?
Glad Nuno helped :) - you've advanced much further than me, I haven't experimented with MQTT/Node Red....
My setup is complicated somewhat by having a Wind Turbine (48vDC 2KW) also charging the battey - so the PIP voltage/current read-out is not very accurate.
So I fitted a BMV 712 and use Nuno's BMV/Time switching to control charging etc. - seems to work well.
Apart from the 'default' 2A charge the PIP insists on pumping into the battery - even when you've told it NOT to use utility....
As you know the only way to stop that is ECO mode - but then the PIP ignores the 'back to battery' commands.
I can see i spelt like hell :-D yes, i was overhelmed by the help from numo, threw a little paypal after him for his help :-)
my next item is also a BMV 712, then node red and MQTT will come ind handy and i can get some interesting setup done. thanks for a little insight in your setup.
for now i seem to have beaten the 2A charge apart from one hour at midnight in eco mode. with the node red solution i switch back to SBU when the battery is sufficent charged, and thats is normal a few hours after the sun have risen. so for now it is a super setup for me.
here is my pip https://www.pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?i ... &sid=59050 i am planning to get more batteries and get a freezer and refridigator on the system too later this year.
XtractorFan
Groupie

Post by XtractorFan »

affer wrote:
I can see i spelt like hell :-D
Spelling? - not important :D
I'd much rather support Nuno's efforts - well worth it.
I was going to pay for ICC Solar - but was reluctant as the purchased software is tied to your RasPi hardware - when that expires (which all electronics does) you have to pay again...
Yes, ECO mode is the most efficient and stops the charging from Utility.
I fitted a N/C (normally closed) 25A contactor on the Utility input to the PIP - controlled by the AUX relay on the BMV depending on the SOC.
But found the contactor took nearly as much power as the 2A PIP Utility charge :o
The devil is in the detail ;)
Perhaps you can give some pointers on node red and MQTT - I really need to play with it sometime....
affer
Groupie

Post by affer »

XtractorFan wrote: Wed, 11 Mar 2020, 03:36 Perhaps you can give some pointers on node red and MQTT - I really need to play with it sometime....
i cant really take credit for it my self - nuno helped a lot.. but here is the code, you can import it to node red and look into it :-D

https://pastebin.com/mp61FfBk
Gnome
Noobie

Post by Gnome »

Just FYI, I think I had the very first Axpert King models that came out. My firmware version was 71.40 and I was able to upgrade using OTG to the latest.
jannie
Noobie

Post by jannie »

I have the SOL-I-AX-5kP (Axpert King) purchased in February 2020 (not sure how to check the manufacture date).

For interest, it has the following type/firmware details:
Model type Off-grid
Main CPU version 71.9
Secondary CPU version 2.4
Bluetooth CPU version 0.24
SCC CPU1 0.0 (no PV connected)

It is working fine, but I am having a huge problem with WatchPower on my PC connecting to the inverter. When I do see serial communications (tested with Serial Port Monitor) the WatchPower program does not record any data. Can anyone give me a suggestion as to what to do next?

Thanks!
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

jannie wrote: Wed, 25 Mar 2020, 06:14 I have the SOL-I-AX-5kP (Axpert King)
The "K" in the model name is for King, not kilo. So it should be capitalised to reduce confusion.
purchased in February 2020 (not sure how to check the manufacture date).
There should be a small sticker on the side showing the year of manufacture, and with the month of manufacture blacked out.
Main CPU version 71.9
Those are quite recent.
It is working fine, but I am having a huge problem with WatchPower on my PC connecting to the inverter.
Are you perhaps using the version that came on the CD-Rom? It's often out of date. You can get the latest version here. As of today that's version 1.13 SP3.
MG ZS EV 2021 April 2021. Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a coffee.
XtractorFan
Groupie

Post by XtractorFan »

It is working fine, but I am having a huge problem with WatchPower on my PC connecting to the inverter.
You have to login, last button top row, password 'administrator'
Then it will record data etc.
I's pretty useless though and very resource intensive.
jannie
Noobie

Post by jannie »

coulomb wrote: Wed, 25 Mar 2020, 08:15
jannie wrote: Wed, 25 Mar 2020, 06:14 I have the SOL-I-AX-5kP (Axpert King)
The "K" in the model name is for King, not kilo. So it should be capitalised to reduce confusion.
*Thanks. Makes sense. I don't know where I saw the small k but I did see it somewhere!
purchased in February 2020 (not sure how to check the manufacture date).
There should be a small sticker on the side showing the year of manufacture, and with the month of manufacture blacked out.

*Oh, thanks. Mine was manufactured January, 2020
Main CPU version 71.9
Those are quite recent.
Are you perhaps using the version that came on the CD-Rom? It's often out of date. You can get the latest version here. As of today that's version 1.13 SP3.
*Thanks. I downloaded 1.13 SP3 Sadly, no difference.
Below are images of my situation....

[ Edited Coulomb: corrected quoting. ]
Attachments
Serial readings 2020-03-25 111347.jpg
Serial readings 2020-03-25 111347.jpg (115.82 KiB) Viewed 3660 times
WatchPower 2020-03-25 111347.jpg
WatchPower 2020-03-25 111347.jpg (131.45 KiB) Viewed 3660 times
jannie
Noobie

Post by jannie »

XtractorFan wrote: Wed, 25 Mar 2020, 16:35
You have to login, last button top row, password 'administrator'
Then it will record data etc.
I's pretty useless though and very resource intensive.
Yes, I did log in. No difference. There is simply no registering of my serial information.

I am a bit afraid to venture into ICC or similar if the communications are working properly. Also, I am using my system only as a UPS with no PV so my monitoring needs are actually pretty basic. I am so frustrated by this and have spent literally days troubleshooting the problem. This, and Bluetooth on my phone, are the only methods that actually give me any data whatsoever.
XtractorFan
Groupie

Post by XtractorFan »

I am a bit afraid to venture into ICC or similar
ICC and SolPipLog (the one I use) connects via USB (or serial)....
I noticed your com port is 8 - using CH340 have you tried changing its properties to use a lower port number?
My logging PC is quite old and has a 'proper' com port set as com1 for WathPower - if I need to use it.....
I initially had problems using USB/Serial adapters.
fllniks
Noobie

Post by fllniks »

jannie wrote: Wed, 25 Mar 2020, 06:14 It is working fine, but I am having a huge problem with WatchPower on my PC connecting to the inverter. When I do see serial communications (tested with Serial Port Monitor) the WatchPower program does not record any data. Can anyone give me a suggestion as to what to do next?
Try to following and see if it helps. I have noticed often watchpower won't record data if not run as administrator.
Close watchpower and make sure to exit it from taskbar too. Then right click watchpower and click "Run as administrator". Now, check if it is recording data or not.
Last edited by fllniks on Fri, 27 Mar 2020, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.