AEVA Members: your Forum Login (here) is NOT the same as your new AEVA member login.
You do not need to change your existing Forum login.

PIP-4048MS and PIP-5048MS inverters

non-EV Solar, Wind and other renewable power sources
non-EV batteries and other energy storage stuff
Forum rules
Important!
This forum is for discussion of Non-EV matters.
coulomb
Site Admin

Re: PIP-4048MS and PIP-5048MS inverters

Post by coulomb »

teba wrote:
Wed, 27 May 2020, 13:07
What about the two battery voltages PBCV and PSDV? Is the battery voltage always tested against both voltages?
The battery voltage is always compared to the higher value of the back to utility (PBCV) voltage setting, or the battery low voltage (battery low cutoff setting (PSDV) plus 2.0 V (0.5 V for LFP patched firmware)).
Or is it important that PBCV >(=) PSDV?
I would always expect the back to utility (PBCV) voltage to be well above the battery cutoff (PSDV) voltage, but I don't believe that this is enforced anywhere. You might want the gap to be less than 2.0 V (0.5 V for LFP patched firmware), if you want to force the effective back to battery voltage to be non-integral.
I assume that the KettleKomp™ voltage is tested against PBCV and raw battery voltage against PSDV. Am I right?
The compensated battery voltage is used for the decision to switch to line (bypass) mode; this partly involves the low battery cutoff voltage setting.

[ Edit: As Weber states below, the low battery warning decision also depends on compensated battery voltage. ]

I can't seem to find the code right now that sets fault code 04 (battery low fault). I believe that it does not use the compensated battery voltage.
Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
1.4 kW solar with 1.2 kW Latronics inverter and FIT.
160 W solar, 2.5 kWh 24 V battery for lights.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.

weber
Site Admin

Re: PIP-4048MS and PIP-5048MS inverters

Post by weber »

teba wrote:
Wed, 27 May 2020, 13:07
I assume that the KettleKomp™ voltage is tested against PBCV and raw battery voltage against PSDV. Am I right?
No. All comparisons related to either low cutoff voltage (PBCV) or back-to-utility voltage (PSDV) use the compensated battery voltage. That includes the low battery warning that appears below the low cutoff voltage plus 0.5 V, and goes away above the low cutoff voltage plus 1.0 V.
One of the fathers of MeXy the electric MX-5, along with Coulomb and Newton (Jeff Owen).