PIP-4048MS and PIP-5048MS inverters

non-EV Solar, Wind and other renewable power sources
non-EV batteries and other energy storage stuff
Forum rules
Important!
This forum is for discussion of Non-EV matters.
CrAzY_DrIveR
Noobie

Re: PIP-4048MS and PIP-5048MS inverters

Post by CrAzY_DrIveR »

hi, is it possible so set the low voltage to 35v?

My batteries are nicd they go from 5 to 8.15v at full charge and then balance at 5A for 3 hrs.
If i use 7s i would need 35v cutoff and full charge would be ok.
If i use 8s cutoff is ok at 40v but can only get 8v at full charge for the 64v model. (i forgot to test if it goes to 66v and advertised on their website)
I'll be doing the other half of the pack i don't thing i have enough for 8s2p...

STM5-100MRE
20080625160017112.jpg
20080625160017112.jpg (45.86 KiB) Viewed 5519 times
:arrow: YouTube
:mrgreen: Facebook Peugeot 106e with Leaf Cells
:idea: PIP-5048MS / 8s STM 5-100 MRE NiCd / 3s5P Jinko 270w poly / In testing since 08/23
:ugeek: Antminer s9 x2 to spend the solar energy
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

CrAzY_DrIveR wrote: Sat, 30 Oct 2021, 03:04 hi, is it possible so set the low voltage to 35v?

It is technically possible to patch the firmware to achieve any cut-off voltage. But 35V is below the voltage that the internal power supply is rated to operate at. So the inverter would be unstable at such a battery voltage.

There is also the issue of clipping of the output, and the potential damage this could cause to motors and transformers. In a 64V model, clipping starts at above 48.0V, so at 35V (if the inverter could even operate), clipping would be dangerously severe. See this post for details, as well as Webber's following post, and its linked post.
My batteries are nicd they go from 5 to 8.15v at full charge and then balance at 5A for 3 hrs.
NiCd batteries are notoriously difficult to charge. Usually, a special charger is needed, which can detect the decrease in voltage at end of charge, and they can only be floated with constant charge current, not constant voltage. I think that the Saft modules may be specially designed to be easier to use, but a critical PDF would not download for me. It looks to me that these batteries are not suitable for use with Pip/Axpert inverters. I have no idea what special inverters there might be that could work with these batteries.

Edit: it looks like you can't easily parallel NiCd modules, as the terminal voltage varies even at the same state of charge. So please research carefully how to charge two strings of these modules.
MG ZS EV 2021 April 2021. Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a coffee.
paulvk

Post by paulvk »

Its basically impossible for the chargers to charge NiCad batteries , I have a 200 Ah NiFe Nickel Iron bank and 11 old 100Ah lead acid banks
the NiFe has a E-smart 3 MPPT charger with 12 x 250 watt solar panels when the banks get to 56 volts the E-smart turns its
load output on this isolates the NiFe bank from the system leaving the lead acid to account for clouds.
The E-smart then continues to charge the NiFe to 61 volts at 28 amps Note there are 38 cells
I am using a flaw in the E-smart software it only measures up to 58 volts but lets you set 60 volts
in the bulk charge so it just keeps charging as it never sees the 60 volts.
By limiting the charge current with the number of panels the NiFe gets a full charge.
When the voltage drops below the 60 volts the E-smart turns off its load output
this reconnects the NiFe back to the system.
This is working very good with the lead acid when the NiFe reconnects its fully charges the lead acid
then goes on to provide the power for the rest of the night in the morning the NiFe is at around 40%
and battery voltage is 49 to 50 volts.
Note NiCad and NiFe are almost identical Nicad is a improved NiFe cell
If I had 40 cells the voltage would go to 64 volts maybe more
The wide voltage range of these alkaline cells 1.1 v discharged to 1.65v bulk , 44 volts to 66 volts for a 48v battery
and their flat voltage response means that there are only a few chargers that are made to charge them and those chargers are expensive.

I am happy to help you if I can.

As I sit here typing the NiFe bank is charging at 60.06 volts (1.59 volts per cell) at 28 amps it started at 43% this
morning its now at 73%
CrAzY_DrIveR
Noobie

Post by CrAzY_DrIveR »

coulomb wrote: Sat, 30 Oct 2021, 06:50 There is also the issue of clipping of the output, and the potential damage this could cause to motors and transformers. In a 64V model, clipping starts at above 48.0V, so at 35V (if the inverter could even operate), clipping would be dangerously severe. See this post for details, as well as Webber's following post, and its linked post.
Very sad to hear that so no way to use a refrigerator or washing machine under 48v.
Even at 14s on li-ion 48v would be at only 3.4v per cell so 15s is the only way to run the 64v model.
Also i am screwed the pip and the ni-cd are the base for my solar system :roll:
I checked my voltage only goes to 64v so 66v should be a more modern firmware.
:arrow: YouTube
:mrgreen: Facebook Peugeot 106e with Leaf Cells
:idea: PIP-5048MS / 8s STM 5-100 MRE NiCd / 3s5P Jinko 270w poly / In testing since 08/23
:ugeek: Antminer s9 x2 to spend the solar energy
paulvk

Post by paulvk »

The 64 volts is the charging maximum the 66 volts is the maximum voltage of the system
this can be reached when charging due to the system overshooting.
My system is set at 56 volts but does get to 58 volts at times.

As I have said the only way to get the NiCad or NiFe cells to their correct
charging voltages is to disconnect them from the PIP and charge separately
this means having a lead acid bank on the PIP at all times.
When the lead acid bulk is happening you then switch the NiCad out
but note for flooded lead acid this is 62 volts so it is close to 80% for the NiCad
The lead acid bank does not have to be large as its just a buffer and it does not
get deep cycles as the NiCad will maintain about 52 volts for 40 cells if not heavily loaded.
I have 38 cells and sealed batteries with a 60 volt pip.
The way to get it to work effectively would be a management system that switches the battery
in and out when needed.
My use of the E-smart is ok for the bulk point but it needs to be switched
back once power is required by the system which is not difficult as the lead acid voltage will drop
under load and I have found the lead acid also absorb the excess volts from my NiFe bank when they come back
or when I manually switch them back.
Note the reason there are now 64v PIP's is due to me sending a long email to the manufacturer explaining
to them with the Trojan battery specs state that flooded lead acid was 62v bulk and 64v equalize.
I am also responsible for the neutral earth relay being included again by sending them the links
to relevant regulations in various countries.

So to sum all this up the 64v pips are suited to flooded lead acid and the 60v ones are for sealed lead acid
for the rest of the chemistries you need some sort of battery management.
Emblema
Noobie

Post by Emblema »

Hello everyone,

is there a possibility to restart the inverter from serial command after a "bus over volt" error (inverter fault)?

QPIWS result:

Thanks

Inverter MPP SOLAR 5048MS
Firm. Ver. 72.10 -04.12
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

Emblema wrote: Mon, 01 Nov 2021, 20:10 is there a possibility to restart the inverter from serial command after a "bus over volt" error (inverter fault)?

Alas, there is a command to reset the fault counts for excessive DC-in-AC-output, for overload, and for short circuit. Bus over-voltage is conspicuous by its absence. My guess is that it's considered too serious to ignore.

I note that you have to get three bus over-voltage faults (since power-up; there is a counter that's incremented with each fault code 08 and never cleared) before the bus over-voltage is considered non-restartable. If the bus voltage falls below 300 V (no battery present) or the battery voltage times the turns ratio (battery present), then the restartable flag is set and the inverter can exit fault mode (if nothing else is bad) after 10 seconds. So for this to be an issue, you must really be getting problems that software isn't going to be able to fix.
QPIWS result:
That says that the inverter is in fault mode (second digit == 1), and there is a bus-overvoltage fault (third digit == 1). All other digits are zero, so no other faults.
Firm. Ver. 72.10 -04.12
Ah. That's a high voltage SCC model. There is a known problem with these models, if you have solar panel leakage to earth (especially if it rains), then somehow this leakage causes currents to flow in such a manner that the bus voltage gets pushed to dangerous levels.

If you had a 145 V max model and rewired your panels to suit, this leakage would not cause problems.

I suppose you might be able to find the leakage and somehow fix it (perhaps with silicone), and that would cure the problem (until the next panel started leaking). A garden hose and multimeter could be useful for such fault finding.

Someone on the Powerforum came up with a solution whereby the panels are disconnected at night or some such; I forget the details. See this post, and others discussing the problem (see the index of that topic).
Kamil said
Groupie

Post by Kamil said »

coulomb wrote: Tue, 02 Nov 2021, 14:48
QPIWS result:
That says that the inverter is in fault mode (second digit == 1), and there is a bus-overvoltage fault (third digit == 1). All other digits are zero, so no other faults.

Hi Coulomb how you get this QPIWS code from inverter ?what type of communication port is required for this?
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

Roman khan wrote: Tue, 02 Nov 2021, 19:58 Hi Coulomb how you get this QPIWS code from inverter ?what type of communication port is required for this?
All commands use the RS-232 port, so you need a USB to RS-232 adapter, unless you have a very old machine with a real serial port.

Nearly all the commands require two CRC characters to be sent, and most of those have at least one sign bit set, so that can be awkward unless you have an app to calculate and put the checksum into the clipboard for you. See the index of this topic for details and links to an app that a reader wrote to make this easier.
Emblema
Noobie

Post by Emblema »

coulomb wrote: Tue, 02 Nov 2021, 14:48
Emblema wrote: Mon, 01 Nov 2021, 20:10 is there a possibility to restart the inverter from serial command after a "bus over volt" error (inverter fault)?

Alas, there is a command to reset the fault counts for excessive DC-in-AC-output, for overload, and for short circuit. Bus over-voltage is conspicuous by its absence. My guess is that it's considered too serious to ignore.

I note that you have to get three bus over-voltage faults (since power-up; there is a counter that's incremented with each fault code 08 and never cleared) before the bus over-voltage is considered non-restartable. If the bus voltage falls below 300 V (no battery present) or the battery voltage times the turns ratio (battery present), then the restartable flag is set and the inverter can exit fault mode (if nothing else is bad) after 10 seconds. So for this to be an issue, you must really be getting problems that software isn't going to be able to fix.
QPIWS result:
Firm. Ver. 72.10 -04.12
Ah. That's a high voltage SCC model. There is a known problem with these models, if you have solar panel leakage to earth (especially if it rains), then somehow this leakage causes currents to flow in such a manner that the bus voltage gets pushed to dangerous levels.

If you had a 145 V max model and rewired your panels to suit, this leakage would not cause problems.

I suppose you might be able to find the leakage and somehow fix it (perhaps with silicone), and that would cure the problem (until the next panel started leaking). A garden hose and multimeter could be useful for such fault finding.

Someone on the Powerforum came up with a solution whereby the panels are disconnected at night or some such; I forget the details. See this post, and others discussing the problem (see the index of that topic).
Thank you for the reply,

unfortunately I am out so I sent a family member home to disconnect batteries and turn off the inverter.

So do you think it's something at the wiring level or are you thinking of broken panel glass?

The model is 145V, 15 panels in two strings (9+6) in parallel at the end before being connected to the inverter.

Bruno
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

Emblema wrote: Tue, 02 Nov 2021, 20:53 So do you think it's something at the wiring level or are you thinking of broken panel glass?

If you have a high voltage SCC model, as I initially thought, then I don't know. I suspect that many panels leak slightly, perhaps cheaper panels more than tier 1 panels, so it's often a problem with those models.

But see below.
The model is 145V,
Huh? Oh, whoops. I've been fooled by Voltronic's mistake where they used one series of firmware version numbers to refer to at least two very different models. I should have realised when you quoted 04.12 that you have a 145V maximum PV voltage model, and 72.10 happens to be a very old firmware (from about 2015 I'd guess). Adding to the confusion, 04.12 is a quite recent SCC firmware version. Did you perhaps have to replace the Solar Charge Controller at some point?

What I said about leaky panels pushing up the bus voltage only applies to the higher voltage SCC models (max PV voltage of 450 or 500V).
15 panels in two strings (9+6) in parallel at the end before being connected to the inverter.
Ah. That's a really strange configuration, especially if the panels are all the same. Strings of solar panels should never be paralleled unless their Vmp ratings are within 5% of each other. Even if the string of 9 panels uses 54-cell panels, and the string of 6 uses 72-cell panels, it's not close enough. Be aware that paralleling widely disparate panels is a fire hazard.

The next problem is that the voltage is completely unsuitable for a 145V absolute maximum Solar Charge Controller. Even 9 36-cell panels in series have an open circuit voltage at 25°C of about 195V, well exceeding the maximum PV voltage rating of your inverter's solar charger. The SCC is very likely damaged, and the high panel voltage may have somehow found its way to the DC bus, causing the over-voltage errors.

I'm assuming that you are using the PV input of your inverter-charger, not some external solar charger that connects directly to your battery.

But if this has been working for some time, then I must be confused about your set-up.

Edit: on further reflection, you possibly meant two groups of panels, each with 3S panels. So one group of 3S3P and the other with 3S2P. If the panels are all 72-cell, then the PV voltage may be a little too high at times, but that would only cause the PV output to drop, possibly to zero, but as far as I know, would not cause fault code 08 (high DC bus voltage). In that case, I have no idea what might be causing your problem.
hercio
Noobie

Post by hercio »

Hello,
hercio wrote:
coulomb wrote:
hercio wrote: So... any warning about flashing from a virtual machine?
I can't see any problem with it, but I've not done it myself. I can't recall if others have attempted it; I suspect that they must have, and hopefully we would have heard about it if it didn't work.

Obviously, any readers that have tried it, please chime in.
After I've tried it, I'll share my experience!
I've succesfully upgraded the inverter firmware to dsp_LF1_73.00e, from a virtual XP running under Virtualbox in Ubuntu 18.04! Thank you @coulomb!

No problem with the software, but I've had some terrifying moments with the USB RS232 cable (a PL2303, supposed to work ok, I've tested it under the virtual XP against a RS232 serial port in another PC and it worked), because the "Updata fail, You must retry!" error stopped the upgrade several times.

I've finished the upgrade with a USB/UART TTL FTDI cable, plus a RS232 TTL adapter (and a cross-connector). The upgrade sequence was:

1- Started to upload patched firmware with PL2303. Stopped at 281 of 5145 blocks. Close the reflash tool and launch again (on every error from now on).
2- Re-started upload with PL2303. Stopped at 572 of 5145 blocks. Two more retries, but no further blocks uploaded.
3- Re-started upload with FTDI + TTL RS232. Stopped at 5141 of 5145 blocks, with "Verify flash data fail!" error.
4- Re-started upload with FTDI + TTL RS232. Stopped with no blocks uploaded. "Updata fail, You must retry!" error. Two retries, same answer.
5- Re-started upload with FTDI + TTL RS232 and original firmware. Uploaded 5034 of 5034, and "Updata success!" message is displayed, but the inverter didn't restart...
6- Power cycle the inverter. Black screen, but some relay clicked.
7- Re-started upload with FTDI + TTL RS232 and again patched firmware. Finally, uploaded the 5145 blocks taking about 10 minutes, and the inverter restarted OK.

I guess the main problem with some USB-RS232 adapters is the RS232 interface they have, I'm sure it isn't a MAX232 or similar, but it is a lot cheaper discrete circuit (with a poorly generated negative voltage, or no generated at all, but trying to use the negative voltage from an idle RS232 port line).
And if there is another cheap RS232 interface on the other side (like in the inverter), that combination can be lethal for a good communication. For next time, I'll always use FTDI plus RS232 adapter.

Here some pictures of the adapter used and the final set with the Vision LiFePO4 batteries. I've received a printed copy of the user manual (this time in English) with each battery, so I'll scan it and I'll upload on next post.
Attachments
7300e.jpg
7300e.jpg (159.82 KiB) Viewed 5305 times
RS232-FTDI-USB.jpg
RS232-FTDI-USB.jpg (139.07 KiB) Viewed 5305 times
RS232-01.jpg
RS232-01.jpg (122.76 KiB) Viewed 5305 times
FTDI cable.jpg
FTDI cable.jpg (79.96 KiB) Viewed 5305 times
full set.jpg
full set.jpg (69.24 KiB) Viewed 5305 times
Inverter: MPP SOLAR PIP-4048MS, manufactured July 2016, with dsp_LF1_73.00e firmware, output set to 220V 50Hz.
Batteries: 10.24kWh (4 x Vision SP 12-200 LiFePO4, 12.8V 200Ah)
PV: 15 x 270W 60-cell polycrystalline (3S5P)
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

Wow. Amazing that the data got through that long chain of devices.

And frustrating that the normal USB to RS-232 interface didn't work for you.

Edit: I wonder if the PL2303 problems were because of cloned / fake chips.
paulvk

Post by paulvk »

With the USB to serial adapters I have found that many are not RS232 some even 5 volt.
I use older prolific adapters and they work ok.
I am using the FTDI adapter to power and program a ESP8266 115200 baud without any problems.
I am using the same RS232 to 5 volt MAX3232 to interface the Nextion screen to my inverters.
teba
Noobie

Post by teba »

Hello hercio!
hercio wrote: Thu, 04 Nov 2021, 20:52 Hello,

I've succesfully upgraded the inverter firmware to dsp_LF1_73.00e, from a virtual XP running under Virtualbox in Ubuntu 18.04! Thank you @coulomb!
I managed to upgrade the firmware of my inverter with the use of the windows emulator wine successfully.
Here some pictures of the adapter used and the final set with the Vision LiFePO4 batteries. I've received a printed copy of the user manual (this time in English) with each battery, so I'll scan it and I'll upload on next post.
I'm just curious why you bought this type of battery? I had a quick look and found them much more expensive than my pylontech batteries which claim a much higher cycle life than yours.

Thanks
Lars
hercio
Noobie

Post by hercio »

Hello teba!
teba wrote: Fri, 05 Nov 2021, 16:04 I managed to upgrade the firmware of my inverter with the use of the windows emulator wine successfully.
I've tried to use Wine with WinPIC800 (to burning firmware in dsPICs with a GTP-USB Plus programmer) and it didn't work. After it worked OK in virtual XP, I usually follow this way to run some Windows programs that I can't find replace in Ubuntu (i.e.: Fluke View Forms). But thank you for the advice!

teba wrote: Fri, 05 Nov 2021, 16:04 I'm just curious why you bought this type of battery? I had a quick look and found them much more expensive than my pylontech batteries which claim a much higher cycle life than yours.

Thanks
Lars
I know the Pylontech batteries have better specifications, and I know it is better to have one BMS integrated for the full pack instead four separated BMSs (and without communication between them), but the mandatory reasons were:

- Price in my country (I live in Argentina): two Pylontech UP5000 are 35% more expensive than four Vision SP 12-200 LiFePO4, three Pylontech US3000 are even more expensive. I know in other countries the prices maybe are swapped, but here the market seems to have its own rules. And no way of buying the batteries in another country and shipping them to Argentina, there is a big chance of get them blocked in customs with no chance of recovery. The same for inverters.

- Warranty: No warranty from the Pylontech distributors if the batteries are connected to an inverter that it isn't in the Pylontech accepted inverters list (the PIP-4048MS it isn't in that list, at least that was two distributors said). With the Vision batteries, the supplier gave me one year of warranty, not too much, I know, but better than nothing...

- Availability: The Vision batteries were in the warehouse of the supplier, but I have to wait two months (and pay in advance) for the Pylontech batteries, because the Pylontech distributors didn't have in stock.

So I guess this kind of batteries were the best option I had to start with LiFePO4 batteries, without further investment (in other inverter).

Any advices about these batteries are welcome!

[Edit: Attached user manual in English]
Attachments
Vision LFP SP 12-200 User Manual Eng.pdf
(2.51 MiB) Downloaded 122 times
Inverter: MPP SOLAR PIP-4048MS, manufactured July 2016, with dsp_LF1_73.00e firmware, output set to 220V 50Hz.
Emblema
Noobie

Post by Emblema »

coulomb wrote: Wed, 03 Nov 2021, 08:03 Edit: on further reflection, you possibly meant two groups of panels, each with 3S panels. So one group of 3S3P and the other with 3S2P. If the panels are all 72-cell, then the PV voltage may be a little too high at times, but that would only cause the PV output to drop, possibly to zero, but as far as I know, would not cause fault code 08 (high DC bus voltage). In that case, I have no idea what might be causing your problem.
Hello there,

Yes, the configuration is just as you indicated,

"3 series panels * 3 + 3 series panels * 2 at the end are parallels (9+6) the Voc of the panel are 39V (more or less) 39*3=117V (there's a little margin to 145V)"

I assumed it was clear but you're right I should have been more precise. I attach a photo of the type of inverter and the characteristics of the panels, do you think I should do a firmware upgrade?

However, this problem only occurred with a lot of rain or a lot of moisture, not one time till june until november!!

Another thing that happened to me is that the panels, depending on the time of day, would disconnect from the inverter for a minute or two and then reconnect by themselves.

Thank you very much!!!
Attachments
EN-Data sheet Europe IBC PolySol 265 ZX4_EU.pdf
(464.54 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
IMG_1722.jpg
IMG_1722.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 5231 times
paulvk

Post by paulvk »

Emblema wrote: Mon, 08 Nov 2021, 20:19 the Voc of the panel are 39V (more or less) 39*3=117V (there's a little margin to 145V)"
Emblema wrote: Mon, 08 Nov 2021, 20:19 Another thing that happened to me is that the panels, depending on the time of day, would disconnect from the inverter for a minute or two and then reconnect by themselves.
This may cause problems going above 120v I have found is not liked by the MPPT charger.
The 145v is the max voltage before component failure not what the charger can operate at as its possible for cold panels with with cloud lensing to exceeded the voltage written on them as this voltage is measured at 25 deg C so they have put in some margin to cover this.

Disconnecting for a minute or two is normal my ones do it if the system goes from no load to high load this it what kettle comp was added to the software to help stop inverters going to mains while the chargers adjusted themselves.
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

Emblema wrote: Mon, 08 Nov 2021, 20:19 Voc of the panel are 39V (more or less) 39*3=117V (there's a little margin to 145V)
That's at 25°C, as already pointed out. At 0°C, it's usually about 7% higher, or around 125 V, which is on the high side. Most users report better performance with 2S of 72-cell panels. But I see that yours are 60-cell, so you likely need to stay with 3S. I think Voltronic designed the Solar Charge Controllers back in 2013 with the panels of the era, and voltages have been creeping up over the years.
do you think I should do a firmware upgrade?
Yes. From vague memory, 72.10 was a problematic version, and was quickly replaced by 72.20. You must be one of the relatively few with the 72.10 firmware. I suggest updating to patched firmware version 72.20e, flavour (LC or LF) to suit your battery. As Paul mentions above, the KettleKomp™ feature (when properly set up, it depends on your battery) helps with preventing unnecessary switching to line mode for 10 minutes when there is a large load. Even if it switches, it will stay for only 2 minutes instead of 10.
However, this problem only occurred with a lot of rain or a lot of moisture, not one time [from] june until november!!
As I say, this sounds like the problem that plagues the high voltage SCC models, but I can't see how it causes the bus over-voltage error. But maybe this is what was bad about 72.10, and merely updating to 72.20 factory or 72.20e patched firmware will solve the problem.
Another thing that happened to me is that the panels, depending on the time of day, would disconnect from the inverter for a minute or two and then reconnect by themselves.
That sounds different to switching to line mode after a heavy load comes on. Again, it might be one of the things fixed in 72.20. I do wish that they provided release notes.
Frank2021
Noobie

Post by Frank2021 »

Hello from Germany. I have been a very satisfied user of the PIPs for many years.
Now the PIP4048MS battery was empty due to bad weather and I noticed at night that the PIP does not switch off but the LED flashes green and when the button is pressed the display switches on and shows PV charge, but of course nothing is charging. Even if I disconnect the fuse to the panels, it does not switch off. Is this behavior normal?
I still have a PIP2424MSX and it switches off completely.
The PIPs do not have 230V at the input.
Frank2021
Noobie

Post by Frank2021 »

Our first LiFePO batteries in large quantities were also from Vision. We are not satisfied. Many failures after about 3 years.
To check the cells and the BMS, I sawed open a few.
2 BMS probably defective but mostly very large capacity differences of the cells.
Attachments
VisionAkkus2.jpg
VisionAkkus2.jpg (434.54 KiB) Viewed 5475 times
VisionAkkus1.jpg
VisionAkkus1.jpg (319.77 KiB) Viewed 5475 times
hercio
Noobie

Post by hercio »

Hello Frank!
Frank2021 wrote: Tue, 09 Nov 2021, 21:06 Our first LiFePO batteries in large quantities were also from Vision. We are not satisfied. Many failures after about 3 years.
To check the cells and the BMS, I sawed open a few.
2 BMS probably defective but mostly very large capacity differences of the cells.
Thank you for the pictures, very clear! What were the conditions under yours batteries worked (temperature, cycling, series connection, etc)? My Vision LFP batteries are recently installed with air conditioning, so it is an ideal work ambient for them. I hope will last more than yours batteries did!
Frank2021
Noobie

Post by Frank2021 »

I am not the user of the accumulators. They are built into mobile energy units with 6 pieces each in parallel, but they are charged individually via a special connection board.
They are used outside in summer and winter. I estimate a maximum of 1000 cycles, unfortunately not more.
The biggest problem is the difference in capacity. It is possible to have 3 cells with good capacity and one cell with only half the capacity. Then of course the accumulator does not work.
Ali721
Noobie

Post by Ali721 »

Hello guys,

i have an Hybrid inverter Igrid SV2 5kw and some problems with communication board, i think that Q7 transistors is bad and i can't see the values marked, maybe anyone here that can help me with that value? The communication board have the serial 31-550297-02G-2038.

https://imgur.com/a/dxKfLn7

You can see to the back of the board in the right side the pad of Q7, transistors is removed right now from the board.
Thank you in advance.
Kurnol
Noobie

Post by Kurnol »

Good morning all,

I'm hoping one of you can answer a question. I have 2 paralleled pip-4048MS in an off grid setup along with 6kw of panels and 36Kwh of batteries. My question relates to my back up generator, which is 5kva. Is there a setting I can use where the load ie the supply to the house is supplied from the batteries when the generator is running and in theory still charging the batteries. I know this sounds simple but I believe I have tried every configuration, my reason for this is my generator struggles running my air con unit where as the 2 pips don't. The generator kicks in when the system gets down to 50v.

Thanks in advance.

ps do you all have to wait literally 10mins for your data to load into watchpower? and is there away to clear the data?