suggestion for a new SLAVE-ECO-Mode

non-EV Solar, Wind and other renewable power sources
non-EV batteries and other energy storage stuff
Forum rules
Important!
This forum is for discussion of Non-EV matters.
teba
Noobie

suggestion for a new SLAVE-ECO-Mode

Post by teba »

Hi there!

I have two inverters running in parallel with the newest patched firmware. They are running fine. Thanks again for this great work of coulomb and weber!

I plan to add one more slave in a year or so. And I don't like them draining my batteries.

Could the MNCHGC command be enhanced to this behaviour:

SLAVE-ECO-Mode on:

Code: Select all

if INVERTER in Slave-Mode
then
	if INVERTER in ByPass-Mode
	then
		"Disconnect this machine from the loads and put it into standby mode."
	else
		"Connect this machine to the loads and awake from standby mode."
	fi
else
	"Connect this machine to the loads (and awake from standby mode)."
fi
Maybe this could be enabled via MNCHGCx496 and disabled with 497 or 498.

Is this possible and easy to implement?

Cheers,
Lars
coulomb
Site Admin

Re: suggestion for a new SLAVE-ECO-Mode

Post by coulomb »

This sounds doable, but both Weber and I are busy on other projects at present. We're also getting a bit of patch burnout, as the number of possible improvements and firmwares to patch increases all the time, and there is substantial effort involved. It becomes a matter of where to draw the line.

When Weber and I get back into patching, we'll probably consider this as a possible project.

As an aside, I just sent off patched firmware version 75.21a for testing, mainly because it's a quite small set of patches (5), and they've all been done before, so it was just a matter of finding the correct locations and applying known working patch patterns.
Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
1.4 kW solar with 1.2 kW Latronics inverter and FIT.
160 W solar, 2.5 kWh 24 V battery for lights.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
teba
Noobie

Post by teba »

Could you tell a price for the work to be done?
I'm not sure if there would be followers, but I would spend some money for it. A lot of small donations could become a bigger sum. You earned it already!
Is there a way to donate some money or how else can I show my appreciation?

But I understand your position. This renewable energy projects must eat up all your time.

Thanks
Lars
teba
Noobie

Post by teba »

Hi coulomb,

one more suggestion: Is it possible to avoid changing the display when the back light is off an you push a button?
I always only want to see the PV current and the load.
When the back light is off and i push a button it immediately changes the shown values. The first push when back light is off should only enable the back light.

Thanks and best regards,
Lars
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

teba wrote: Mon, 09 Nov 2020, 18:34 one more suggestion: Is it possible to avoid changing the display when the back light is off an you push a button?
I always only want to see the PV current and the load.
When the back light is off and i push a button it immediately changes the shown values. The first push when back light is off should only enable the back light.
You could just press an arrow button, and immediately press the other arrow button to undo it. With patched firmware, all 4 buttons are effectively arrow buttons. [ Edit: I see now that this is actually the problem; pressing escape would normally do nothing except unblank the screen. ]

The problem I see with your suggestion is that it might happen that the display blacks out just as you press a key, and it will have no effect when it seemingly should have. Maybe that's OK, maybe it's maddening. So then we could have a timer... but then that gets complicated. Maybe it's not too bad; thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: so maybe only one key should have this wake-up-if-blanked-and-nothing-else function. Like escape.
Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
1.4 kW solar with 1.2 kW Latronics inverter and FIT.
160 W solar, 2.5 kWh 24 V battery for lights.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
teba
Noobie

Post by teba »

coulomb wrote: Mon, 09 Nov 2020, 19:15 Edit: so maybe only one key should have this wake-up-if-blanked-and-nothing-else function. Like escape.
I'm fine with any solution. Many thanks.

Lars