Ioniq 12V Battery Replacement

Hyundai and Kia Interest Group
sleeperpservice
Groupie

Ioniq 12V Battery Replacement

Post by sleeperpservice »

I have noticed the 12V battery on our car is getting low. Autolink reports 12.2V after driving around and charging the car. I haven't measured with a meter yet off but it was normally around 12.8V when checking through the app. Haven't had any other funny business with the car like others have with the battery going completely flat but I decided to chase down a new one.

Called Hyundai parts and the quote was $679!!!! None in the country either and couldn't say when they could get one!

The part number is CMF40L

Battery world lists NS40ZLB this @ $180 but for the 28kWh version.

I did search before and there is a similar coded one CMF40SNL here

Also found this one CMF40AL from the same manufacturer Delkor

Those above have different terminal types though so I don't know if they changed between generations.

Anyone had any luck getting a replacement 12V for a 2020 Ioniq?
sleeperpservice
Groupie

Re: Ioniq 12V Battery Replacement

I ended up getting a replacement at Every Battery. The battery they put in was https://www.everybattery.com.au/online/ ... y-k38b19l/

Slightly different spces but the car has not complained.

They tested the old one and said it was not too bad so I have kept it as a spare if needs be.
brendon_m

Post by brendon_m »

That's an Exide 40CPMF which is the same as what's fitted to an Imiev and the same case size that's fitted to an outlander PHEV. Other than the smaller lugs on top it's nothing special. My work carries the X40CPMF which is 400CCA and 44Ah if you find it needs a bit more standby power.
sleeperpservice
Groupie

He did fit rings on the terminals so it fitted snugly but the footing was the same as the original.