Spare wheel for Kona

Hyundai Interest Group
Manto
Noobie

Spare wheel for Kona

Post by Manto »

Has anyone sourced a spare wheel for their Kona. I tried the space saver spare from our ICE Kona on the front of my EV but doing a uturn I heard a scraping noise so maybe they arent quite right. Want one for trips as I dont like or trust repair kits

Mrburns
Noobie

Re: Spare wheel for Kona

Post by Mrburns »

Will it even fit in the boot? As the EV “spare” wheel well looks to be out of round

Normally when you fit a space saver spare to a front wheel drive car it’s recommended to fit it to the rear axle, because the rear doesn’t steer, brakes less, and doesn’t drive avoiding extra stress on the differential due to difference in diameter. But no one wants to play musical wheels on the side of the road.

Also be careful with the load rating of the spare most space saves are lower rated and the EV is even heavier then the ICE Kona

Bryce
Groupie

Post by Bryce »

Aparently Hyundai in India sell the Kona electric with a spare. (Was watching an Indian video of the Kona electric and there was a quick reference and shot of it). Still to source one though. Cheers Bryce
AEVA Vic Branch Secretary
AEVA national newsletter editor
Current EV drives: Kona electric
Past drives: 2011 Blade Getz, 2011 Leaf, 2001 Citroen Berlingo conversion
Past Conversions: DC Berlingo, AC Berlingo, AC Sprinter

Manto
Noobie

Post by Manto »

Will try the ICE Konas space saver on the rear of my EV this weekend and report back