Kona Fire - new packs required

Hyundai and Kia Interest Group
4Springs
Site Admin

Re: Kona Fire - new packs required

Post by 4Springs »

doug wrote: Thu, 12 May 2022, 21:31 Btw, has everyone added their NRMA (& perhaps other Car clubs) to the Chargefox?
From memory 20% discount (after my $200 runs out...).
Yes, we added our RACT card. Then read the fine print, which states that this is only at Chargefox branded 350 kW charging stations. We have exactly one of these in our state, and it is quite close to me so I never use it. I had previously assumed that it was any charger that used Chargefox as their billing mechanism, which would have meant another six at least.
doug
Groupie

Post by doug »

Drat, you are entirely correct!

Chargefox ultra-rapid EV chargers. 20% off ultra-rapid charging.

NRMA Members have access to the NRMA EV fast charging network and through the partnership with Chargefox, Members will now have access to benefits when using Chargefox ultra-rapid stations via the Chargefox app.

It would be a great discount for Buyers Groups to negotiate a discount with Chargefox though... Might mention it to some.

On another matter my car has had the 11D043 update. The Dealer did not advise me the recall was completed though,
(Except on my invoice with no explanation, & this was after being told that the battery update was not available!
Also, I have never had confirmation that the vehicle could be fully charged. It would have been nice to be informed!
sleeperpservice
Groupie

Post by sleeperpservice »

I did enquire to Hyundai at the time Chargefox announced partnership discounts with other manufactures about joining their program but got a non committal reply about evaluating things constantly blah blah.
I did point out that you get fuel discount card with new cars and the cost for the EV program would be miniscule compared to that but nada.
DanSA
Noobie

Post by DanSA »

4Springs wrote: Thu, 12 May 2022, 19:05
DanSA wrote: Thu, 12 May 2022, 14:41
Peter C in Canberra wrote: Sat, 26 Mar 2022, 13:30 Anyway, I also got the $200 Chargefox card.
Me too, but mine does not work, tried multiple charge stations. Did yours?
There is a trick to registering it. Let me find the relevant Facebook post....
Here it is:
Ok, I came here to find out why this wasn't working for us, after we added the card to the app it still charged our credit card.
Just to spell it out, you need to open the Chargefox app on your device (doesn't work from the website). Then you need to add (or update) a car. In there you can add your VIN, which you can find on your registration paperwork. In my case the font used to write the VIN doesn't discriminate between the letter I and the number 1. So it didn't work when I guessed incorrectly!
Now that it is added correctly it always uses the Hyundai credit.

Thanks very much mate!
Have added to app. Will c how it goes.
2018 Ioniq 28kWhr - the efficiency Queen
2019 Kona - the range King
2017 Leaf 30X - the Entrée (sold)
5.3kW PV with SMA 5kW Inverter - living the dream 8-)
32kL Rainwater - Love those home grown veg
doug
Groupie

Post by doug »

As an update, my car is one of the original 40. It has had the recall 11D043 performed, but the BATTERY NOT REPLACED.

Apparently, Hyundai decided my battery OK?? I hope their liability insurance is good if my house burns down!

I am thinking of sending them a registered letter asking clarification after I was told at the service before last
(at 20000Km) that the battery would be replaced, but they were awaiting a shipment. I have never been
advised that I can now safely charge to 100%.

regards, Doug
Peter C in Canberra

Post by Peter C in Canberra »

doug wrote: Yesterday, 09:09 ...It has had the recall 11D043 performed, but the BATTERY NOT REPLACED.

Apparently, Hyundai decided my battery OK??..
I was also originally expecting to get a battery replacement (mid-late 2019 Kona) but late in the recall process Hyundai said that they expected to replace most but not all of the batteries from cars with VINs in the particular range they had originally notified. They said they would need my car brought back in to do some test that they said showed that mine was one of the minority that did not need changing.
My guess is that later in the process, they had a clearer idea of what the fault in the cells was and how to test for it or had narrowed down the range of cell batches that had the fault.
Daihatsu charade conversion 2009-18, Mitsubishi iMiEV 2013-2019, Holden Volt 2018-2019, Hyundai Kona 2019-present on the ACT's 100% renewable electricity.