Hyundai Maps Self updater

Hyundai and Kia Interest Group
syntaxfx
Groupie

Re: Hyundai Maps Self updater

Post by syntaxfx »

Mooch wrote: Fri, 11 Jun 2021, 19:06 I don't have easy access to Windows or Mac - I run Linux and Chromebook. Is there any way to get a copy of the USB image I can just 'burn' directly without having to run the Hyundai app?
Have you tried to run the Windows version using WINE ? It works for a lot of Wintel apps these days.

Ok, I tried to use WINE to run the Wintel version.
The installation app runs ok and the Hyundai app launches, but it errors with "No response from the server".
I expect WINE needs configuring for my network. I'll see if I can fix it.
Cheers,
Phil
2020 Kona Electric Highlander - White + sunroof
Mooch
Noobie

Post by Mooch »

syntaxfx wrote: Fri, 25 Jun 2021, 10:21
Mooch wrote: Fri, 11 Jun 2021, 19:06 I don't have easy access to Windows or Mac - I run Linux and Chromebook. Is there any way to get a copy of the USB image I can just 'burn' directly without having to run the Hyundai app?
Have you tried to run the Windows version using WINE ? It works for a lot of Wintel apps these days.

The installation app runs ok and the Hyundai app launches, but it errors with "No response from the server".
I tried running it in WINE but not very hard if I'm honest :D I ended up installing Windows on an old PC just for this.
2020 Ioniq Electric Premium
syntaxfx
Groupie

Post by syntaxfx »

Mooch wrote: Sat, 26 Jun 2021, 12:08 I tried running it in WINE but not very hard if I'm honest :D I ended up installing Windows on an old PC just for this.
I tried a few different libraries without success. I'm not sure what they're doing under the covers.
It may be setting up a temporary VPN and WINE may not have all the libs needed for it.
Cheers,
Phil
2020 Kona Electric Highlander - White + sunroof
sleeperpservice
Groupie

Post by sleeperpservice »

After installing the latest version, I'm having trouble with the scheduled charging.
Yes I am having this too. Quite annoying.

I also have a terrifically economical car now according to the driving history. 700km range for the Ioniq!!
Economy on the dash appears to be correct
Ultimate eco.jpg
Ultimate eco.jpg (801 KiB) Viewed 598 times
Mooch
Noobie

Post by Mooch »

I'm seeing those kind of figures too. I did a double take when I saw them!
2020 Ioniq Electric Premium
hkkjap
Noobie

Post by hkkjap »

syntaxfx wrote: Fri, 25 Jun 2021, 10:21

Thanks for the experiences, so I didn't go the Wine route. I ended up downloading trial Windows ready-to-run image from Microsoft Edge developer site and download the Hyundai updated there.

Specifically, I downloaded the "MSEdge on Win10" option for VirtualBox, and used latest VirtualBox 6.1.28 together with Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack - required for USB passthrough support - to run it. After importing the OVA in VBox but before starting, I went to hard virtual media management in VirtualBox to resize the HDD to 250GB, and also went to the virtual machine's settings and enabled USB 3.0 support. After starting Windows, I went to its Disk Management and extended the C drive to that new maximum size. This is because downloads require eg 50GB free space.

Finally, I inserted 64GB VFAT formatted USB drive (or actually MicroSD card in USB card reader), and selected Devices -> USB -> my card reader to pass it through to Windows. With all of this I had enough space, and available USB stick and I could select my Hyundai model, download first to the virtual machine and then copy to the USB drive, and went on to update my car. Twice, actually, since I have two Hyundais.