New EV Charge Stations For North West Victoria

Discussion about EV/Battery charging infrastructure, Electric highways etc.
Nagaman

Re: New EV Charge Stations For North West Victoria

Post by Nagaman »

Well Fraser St Shepparton is confirmed by the council ……but no sign of any work started.
I couldn’t imagine a worse place unless a substation is the reason.
philupandgo
Groupie

Post by philupandgo »

At least we will soon be able to use the one at Mooroopna, but that might also be at the end of a parking lot, assuming it will go in the centre parking bays near the water tower.
Half of the outstanding sites are now listed in PlugShare as coming soon (for what that's worth), all of which are shown as 50kw and software upgradable to simultaneous charging on both CHAdeMO and CCS2, as is the original one at Maryborough. The recently activated one at Echuca is now shown as 70kw.
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

I suggest you look at Google maps satellite imagery for the entrance to the ‘secret’ Shepparton location …..it’s effectively an extension of a controlled pedestrian crossing……you could easily end up going round the block a couple of times trying to find it.
philupandgo
Groupie

Post by philupandgo »

Almost all of the CTR sites are now posted as Coming Soon in PlugShare and listed as 50kw. Biggest news is that Kyneton has been added to the list (funny how it's pronounced Kyenton, at least we always have). Still time for more Regions to get Charging :)
philupandgo
Groupie

Post by philupandgo »

At this point i should eat my words from the beginning of the month regards the South Australian EV Action Plan. I thought nothing was happening, but businesses to host sites seem to have over-subscribed the planned locations. And they are now talking to network operators. It is still possible that little will show before the end of the year, but the following year or two will be big.

Yesterday on The Driven
coulomb
Site Admin

Post by coulomb »

Wow. I'm still adjusting to the new reality. A Liberal government planning for EVs and investing a little money in it.

Well done, Marshall government.
MG ZS EV 2021 April 2021. Nissan Leaf 2012 with new battery May 2019.
5650 W solar, 2xPIP-4048MS inverters, 16 kWh battery.
Patching PIP-4048/5048 inverter-chargers.
If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a coffee.
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

coulomb wrote: Sun, 30 May 2021, 06:35 Wow. I'm still adjusting to the new reality. A Liberal government planning for EVs and investing a little money in it.

Well done, Marshall government.
That’s two embarrassing the Federal Government.
Castlemaniac
Noobie

Post by Castlemaniac »

This plan has it's gaps.
1. There will be a 50kw. in Castlemaine (Partly installed. ) Good choice. I suspect this will be added to soon it will have heavy demand.
2. 50Kw in Inglwood is a good location about 100 km on from Castlemaine with Harcourt as a backup. (22kw)
3. Sealake needs a 50kw.
4. Ouyen will have something. It needs a 50kw.

The flaw...
The missing link at St Arnaud.

St Arnaud is on the crossroad of the Wimmera and Sunraysia HWY's . The attached plan shows this as a major priority for a location . However it was missed, passed over, or what - ever.
North south traffic : Many drivers from say Melton Geelong , Werribee Ballarat, go through St Arnaud. Even drivers from Melbourne sometimes go via Castlemaine, St Arnaud then on to Sealake. . It is a quieter route via that town as there are less trucks.
East West traffic: many travelrers from northern Vict travel through St Arnaud from Bendigo and Castlemaine going to Adelaide. I think a fair bit also go from Shep. that go that way ,( via Bendigo. )
philupandgo
Groupie

Post by philupandgo »

The route from Melbourne to Mildura is complete. Joining Inglewood, sites at Wycheproof, Sea Lake and Ouyen are marked as live in the Evie app. They followed soon after Castlemaine and relative newcomer, Kyneton. Most of the other planned sites in the CTR network, now including Woodend, are close to finished too, apparently needing only the head unit installed, although appearances can be deceptive. Now only need my 5km circle to be stretched.
drlizau

Post by drlizau »

Never mind the 5km limit, the Murray River is running high and is currently impassable
:o
2017 Leaf 30kWh battery
2nd hand Japanese import
Solar powered as much as practical
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

Swan Hill looks complete as per the 12 September pic but still not commissioned ?
Nagaman

Post by Nagaman »

We visited the Shepparton fast chargers in Fraser St (a short dead end with a hidden entrance) on Monday and got into a situation where all available shopping spaces were full and a car at the dead end had to reverse out with someone using one of the EV spaces as a loading dock so I had to squeeze around the loading one past the reversing one and take the only charging space available…..and this was the quietest day of the week.
If you can get in it’s convenient but otherwise it’s the worst facility imaginable.
If you are towing, schedule a 2 hour stop at Shepparton for dropping off your trailer etc somewhere you think is secure.
The council has no vision of the future in plain sight.
philupandgo
Groupie

Post by philupandgo »

They provide another couple of spots across the river in Mooroopna. Only a little less tight but at least you can see the condition before going in. This roll-out is almost complete with maybe only Bendigo and Whittlesea outstanding. Looking forward to taking a long drive soon. I wonder what stage 2 will look like ;)
Chuq
Groupie

Post by Chuq »

Great to see how quickly these sites have gone up - part of the benefit of having the sites (councils) on board from the start. A great result that almost all sites have ended up being 50 kW with the occasional 25 kW (the original plan was closer to the opposite of this). Also consider the hardware is capable of up to 75 kW and dual simultaneous connectors in the future.

It sounds like Bendigo will get a 2x unit site as well.