Remote EV travel solutions

Discussion about EV/Battery charging infrastructure, Electric highways etc.
Nagaman

Remote EV travel solutions

Post by Nagaman »

This might be interesting to some if it’s accessible:
https://www.goauto.com.au/download/1649.pdf
T1 Terry

Re: Remote EV travel solutions

Post by T1 Terry »

I think I posted that up on another thread, but never hurts to get the info out there that there are alternatives if needed when on a longer road trip.
Is there an Australian road map with what outlet types are available at each charging location? Rather than search by type, charging outlet type available at any facility that can be used by the public?

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn
Chuq
Groupie

Post by Chuq »

I've read that initial article and I still have no idea what it is that Redarc is doing? Just seems like a puff piece about the company?
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

T1 Terry wrote: Wed, 15 Sep 2021, 09:01 I think I posted that up on another thread, but never hurts to get the info out there that there are alternatives if needed when on a longer road trip.
Is there an Australian road map with what outlet types are available at each charging location? Rather than search by type, charging outlet type available at any facility that can be used by the public?

T1 Terry
:oops: I must have clicked on the wrong icon that came up on my 'puter, I thought it was this https://powersafe.net.au/product-catego ... er-boards/ you were referring to .... so my post made no sense at all ..... then again, that probably happens quite a bit :roll:

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Chuq wrote: Wed, 15 Sep 2021, 11:25 I've read that initial article and I still have no idea what it is that Redarc is doing? Just seems like a puff piece about the company?
After a bit of a look through, I think it might be leaning toward suggesting they can now (or are developing) convert the EV's battery voltage to 240vac ....... or the EV battery can be topped up from the RV house batteries, solar and an inverter ....... but yeah, mostly a puff piece by the look of it .....

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn