Charging your non-Tesla EV from a Tesla charger

Discussion about EV/Battery charging infrastructure, Electric highways etc.
doug
Groupie

Re: Charging your non-Tesla EV from a Tesla charger

Post by doug »

I have not read the full thread, but in Europe, Tesla is forced to have one station at their charging stations as a non-vehicle specific charger. With the dearth of chargers in Australia, I feel we should push for similar regulations.
philupandgo
Noobie

Post by philupandgo »

Thanks to the pace of Tesla's supercharger roll-out, Chargefox is closing in on matching their network. Thanks to the rate of Chargefox sites going off-line, it would still be a good policy to reduce risk of being stranded in sight of a perfectly capable charger. That said, Evie will eventually provide the required redundancy along the main routes. Perhaps with Tesla now matching Evie's prices, they can afford to make some concessions to owners of other brands especially as their own network is not so much of a sales differentiator any more. I suspect that everywhere but North America, Tesla is intending to switch to standard CCS2 anyway.
shallowal
Noobie

Post by shallowal »

philupandgo wrote: Fri, 30 Oct 2020, 20:02 Perhaps with Tesla now matching Evie's prices, they can afford to make some concessions to owners of other brands especially as their own network is not so much of a sales differentiator any more. I suspect that everywhere but North America, Tesla is intending to switch to standard CCS2 anyway.
They would have to add in some sort of billing method to achieve that. The beauty of Tesla's SC billing system is that once you are registered (ie car is registered to you on Tesla's website), you just pull up and plug in, billing takes place in the background with zero intervention.