AEVA Members: your Forum Login (here) is NOT the same as your new AEVA member login.
You do not need to change your existing Forum login.

Max speed of vectrix

Vectrix EV Interest Group
wovenrovings
Groupie

Max speed of vectrix

Post by wovenrovings »

With all this staying at home, I was looking at the spare Vectrix motor I have and thinking....
I could make this into to something.
And one piece of information I don't know is how fast could a vectrix motor go. I remember reading something on the net somewhere about people with hacked software getting to 115km, I can't find the page now. It was suggested that the speed limiting on the vectrix was to protect the motor. Does anyone know if this is the case?
I am thinking about highway cruising but if it is limited to 105km/h you don't have anywhere to go.
The other option I thought of, for this hypothetical project, was to find a slightly larger tire.

I'll go over to the motor's section and ask about motor controllers. :D

Daniel.

antiscab

Re: Max speed of vectrix

Post by antiscab »

The newest official firmware takes it to 115kmh. That's 5500rpm on a Max 6000rpm motor.
That version is mc1021 or newer (released I 2010 from memory)

There are hacked versions that can go to 125kmh, but I bricked an mc when I tried to install it. Then in the process of swapping out the mc I blew up the charger. That day really sucked
Matt
2017 Renault zoe - 25'000km
2007 vectrix - 156'000km
1998 prius - needs Batt
1999 Prius - needs batt
2000 prius - has 200 x headway 38120 cells

wovenrovings
Groupie

Re: Max speed of vectrix

Post by wovenrovings »

There are hacked versions that can go to 125kmh, but I bricked an mc when I tried to install it. Then in the process of swapping out the mc I blew up the charger. That day really sucked
Ohhh nasty. Ok so the motor itself is capable of 125km/h. Thats good to know. Thanks.