R-LINK Accounts

Renault EV Interest Group
LouB
Groupie

R-LINK Accounts

Post by LouB » Wed, 01 May 2019, 13:29

Except for updating R-LINK Evolution system following the recent April 6, 2019 bug, I have not done other updates or created an account for 'MY Renault' or registered our Zoe to it.
The Renault Australia page at: https://easyconnect.renault.com.au/help ... -evolution shows you how create the account and register the vehicle but does not tell me what its for. When you start the process it takes you to an UK site, so I don't know how useful it would be for someone in Australia.

Could someone who has already done so, please tell me what it's all about, if it is worth while registering and if it is just for getting updates and buying software from the R-LINK Store.

Thanks.

doggy
Groupie

Re: R-LINK Accounts

Post by doggy » Thu, 02 May 2019, 07:30

Yes, I registered on it.
I purchased a few very cheap things and "bought" a couple of free ones.
Some of the apps are of no use in Australia.
I THINK I may have received one system update via the service.
So, no harm in it (I had my CC on it for 8 months) but not a huge benefit either.
Regds,
Dave

LouB
Groupie

Post by LouB » Fri, 03 May 2019, 08:13

Hi Dave
Thanks for the info. I went through the registration but don't know yet if it has been properly processed. I got back a confirmation email with a link to activate the account but does not seem to be working, at least not yet. The activating link takes me to the login page but then only provides the option to register. Pressing 'Register' then loads the same registration form with a message that asks : 'already a member? followed by a 'Login tab'. Press the login tab and the whole process just repeats.

An account appears to have been accepted because I also received a second email welcoming me to My Renault.

A bit frustrating. I'll wait a couple of hours and see if it comes good.

doggy
Groupie

Post by doggy » Fri, 03 May 2019, 08:43

Hi Lou, I don't remember it taking any time but it was a while ago.

I do remember some small issues with which country I was in (Ireland, England, France, Australia....web pages). Plus I don't remember where I ended up. But I do remember deleting one account and creating another...........

Cheers,
Dave

LouB
Groupie

Post by LouB » Fri, 03 May 2019, 09:32

It was my fault.
I registered using my every-day Firefox browser and disremebered that it was loaded with ad blockers, antispam an anti-tracking add-ons. It was probably preventing the login pop-ups from showing. Swapping to Opera made everything OK.
Just one small hiccup: the vehicle registration page would not accept the regio, said that the registration number was invalid. Not a big problem, as the alternative: via VIN number was accepted.

At least now I can see when the various applicable contracts end.
I notice that there are 2 separate Navigation & Multimedia contracts. One for TomTom LIVE and Conn going for 36 months and the other for COYOTE Series lasting 3 months.
I need to swat up on what is involved with these, but otherwise it's all good.

doggy
Groupie

Post by doggy » Fri, 03 May 2019, 09:52

Hi Lou, nothing about Coyote on mine. However, good you got it all fixed up.
Cheers,
Dave

LouB
Groupie

Post by LouB » Wed, 15 May 2019, 11:21

After managing to register with R-LINK Store and successfully running the update that fixed the April 06 bug, I thought it was time to update the TomTom maps in my Zoe navigation system.

The instructions are clear and the process should have been fairly simple but, here I struck a problem.

Ours, is a Microsoft-free home. The R-LINK Toolbox installer (executable) file only comes in either an MS Windows or Mac format. In Linux, I tried WINE (WINdows Emulator) but it didn't work, possibly because the file does not follow standard MSDOS protocols. So I had to compromise and load a free copy of Windows10 (un-activated) in a virtual machine (VM). Actually in Oracle VirtualBox. This allowed the R-LINK Toolbox to be installed.

Plugging USB sticks into a VM is no problem, but the VM could not see the SD card from Zoe. To move things along, I connected it to the PC via an USB to SD adapter.
This worked just fine.
Then, clicking the R-LINK Toolbox shortcut link, opened R-LINK Toolbox and it automatically checked for available updates, downloaded and installed them onto the SD card.

Re-inserting the SD card in the Zoe port started the update process for the on-board system. Eventually, after a couple of reboots and more than 15 minutes, the process completed and a message appeared that updates had been successful.

Where my Zoe's Version Info originally displayed :
Map: Australia v971.v7597

It now shows:
Map: Australia v1010.v8933

People running MS Windows or Macs should not encounter any of the above problems but, I am posting this for anyone that is not running those OS's and does not relish paying for and/or installing them on their hardware.

Cheers
Lou

doggy
Groupie

Post by doggy » Wed, 15 May 2019, 11:41

Hi Lou,
I'm glad there are other Microsoft-free houses out there.
Well done. I also have a Linux house. However, I do also have a mac sitting in the spare room unused and also a virtualboxed Windows 10 instance for my wife's genealogy. So, I have to either use the Windows or fire up the old Mac.
Cheers,
Dave