Capped price service

Renault EV Interest Group
doggy
Groupie

Capped price service

Post by doggy » Mon, 01 Jul 2019, 15:24

Does anyone have a web reference for Zoe Capped Price Servicing? In particular, what is supposed to be the first service price?
I thought I had seen it some months ago but now cannot find.
Thanks,
Dave

TomZoe
Groupie

Re: Capped price service

Post by TomZoe » Thu, 04 Jul 2019, 11:24

See this: https://forums.aeva.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=5920

It was $241.00

If you visit the dealer they can print one out for you.

Not sure where it is on the web.

doggy
Groupie

Post by doggy » Thu, 04 Jul 2019, 11:47

Mine was $308 on Monday! I did ask them to report the brake pad and drum thicknesses and check wheel alignment (all they did was say "it steers straight"- which I knew). I also asked them to record the battery SOH on the report but "the only two people who can view this are away today" so that did not happen.

So do you have something printed to say that the capped service price is $241?

I would like to have something in hand before I complain.

Cheers,
Dave

doggy
Groupie

Post by doggy » Tue, 09 Jul 2019, 15:36

Col Crawford Motors told me today that the capped service price is $307.89 for each of the annual Zoe services. I have sent a web query to Renault to ask them but they tend to be rather slack at responses.

Regds,
Dave

doggy
Groupie

Post by doggy » Wed, 10 Jul 2019, 10:50

Well, here is the answer from Renault. Seems there is NO capped price for Kangoo or Zoe- which fits with them not being listed with all the other capped price vehicles and means people like Crawfords can charge what they like:

"Good Morning David,

Thank you for your online enquiry.

The Renault Zoe does not have capped priced servicing as the servicing costs come in lower than our capped price servicing costs.

I have included below what is on our website regarding costs for servicing your Renault Zoe. There are 2 dealerships in NSW that can service a Zoe, Col Crawford and Peter Warren.

Approximate price for a Zoe service is $231."

I was charged $308.

Cheers,
Dave

TomZoe
Groupie

Post by TomZoe » Fri, 12 Jul 2019, 06:41

Dave - I'm away at the moment - if I dig the thing up I will email it to you.

Why don't you PM me to remind me - I'm not here all that often.

regards,
Tom

TomZoe
Groupie

Post by TomZoe » Fri, 12 Jul 2019, 06:48

I think this shows a problem with the Renault Dealer structure. The initial Sydney dealer that I visited in March last year (out towards airport from CBD) was absolutely hopeless so I'm not surprised the rights to sell Zoe ZE and Kangoo ZE was taken away from them.
But, I had a not so good service experience with Renault Essendon - please see my earlier posts - ringing checking months and then weeks before whether parts to do service would be there - always assured yes they would. I politely/constructively gave this feedback to both dealer and Renault Australia and never even had the courtesy of a response let alone a thank you we are looking into your concerns.
I work in health where we are all about quality improvement and learning from mistakes. I made a few suggestions about the way they might want to deal with their service parts inventory and ensuring that parts in when a service is booked.
I am not sure that Renault Australia is interested in this.
It seems more around giving you a cup of cheap coffee when you walk in to the dealer. I for one would prefer everything done properly - I am happy to buy a cup of coffee from a café etc!
I still have my theories that Renault Australia is really an importer/master dealer with a licence from Renault France and they probably are more interested in the commission from selling the cars.

LouB
Groupie

Post by LouB » Today, 12:27

Hi guys, thanks for your info on 1st service costs and dealer performance. Much appreciated.
Our Zoe is due for its first service in September. Probably will be done at Peter Warren as it is closest. I too had the $241.00 service cost noted at the time of purchase.The $308.00 real-world price is certainly more, but still not too bad for an annual service.

I am curious to know what the service actually covers and what parts I should remind Peter Warren to have on hand. Did any of you get a detailed invoice listing work performed and costs for parts and labour?

Thanks

doggy
Groupie

Post by doggy » Today, 13:55

I am only aware of the pollen filter on mine. It was listed but shown as replace at 30K and mine had only done a quarter of that distance.

However, the long list of things they allegedly did included comments about an oil change and checking accessory belts. I cannot remember seeing any belt. So this is obviously an ICE list.

I did ask them to write the SOH on the report (they did not), check the wheel alignment (which they sort of did) and list the brake thicknesses (which they did).

I would DEFINITELY get them to write the SOH on your report in case you ever have battery troubles.

I would also much prefer Peter Warren to Crawfords but they are too far away from me.

Cheers,
Dave