Seat belt rattle

Tesla EVs Interest Group
Nagaman
Groupie

Seat belt rattle

Post by Nagaman »

I’ve heard about this before but I’m not sure what the fix was.
Beside the driver’s right ear, the top mounting point for the seat belt, on coarse chip bitumen, a gritty sizzling noise has developed.
A bit of a pita to have to go 130km to Richmond but if I can’t do it myself it looks like there’s no alternative unless someone knows of a simple fix.
EVdownUnder
Groupie

Re: Seat belt rattle

Post by EVdownUnder »

Here's a radical solution...
Don't buy an American car.
American manufacturers make Fiat look reliable, and Tesla managed to place themselves at the very bottom of the quality/reliability list.
I thought the model Y would be my first Tesla, looking at the first reviews on YouTube, not a chance.
Sorry. Not constrictive at all but I had to vent my desapointment in what is undeniably the most abvanced EV on the market. Just build them properly for pete's sake.
Ceramic blue Kona Highlander - Current stats:
As of 26 October 2020 (13.5 months of ownership)
40'000km at an average speed of 57km/h
126Wh/km from new
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

EVdownUnder wrote: Thu, 02 Jul 2020, 22:24 Here's a radical solution...
Don't buy an American car.
American manufacturers make Fiat look reliable, and Tesla managed to place themselves at the very bottom of the quality/reliability list.
I thought the model Y would be my first Tesla, looking at the first reviews on YouTube, not a chance.
Sorry. Not constrictive at all but I had to vent my desapointment in what is undeniably the most abvanced EV on the market. Just build them properly for pete's sake.
Yeah, I think you’re into the doom n gloom headlines there and JD Power is a mind bender of compromise.
There a midpoint between the the rose-tinted glasses and the short seller haters......and why buy the first off the line in any case?
I’m a realist who wouldn’t consider going back to any sort of half-hearted manufacturer if only became of the utterly complete integration of this brand of transportation.......no matter how many times I experience autopilot panic, I know my ‘investment’ will keep paying me back in OTA dividends.
An existing and massive dealership network isn’t an asset in a no-maintenance/parts/salespersons future and explains why commitment and supply isn’t there as a genuine replacement for their highly profitable existing range.
brendon_m

Post by brendon_m »

If you are buying a Tesla you are definitely buying the tech, not the quality...
That being said they are not as bad as most American cars.
EVdownUnder
Groupie

Post by EVdownUnder »

brendon_m wrote: Fri, 03 Jul 2020, 08:16 If you are buying a Tesla you are definitely buying the tech, not the quality...
That being said they are not as bad as most American cars.
They are according to this study: https://www.jdpower.com/business/press- ... -study-iqs
That said, most issues are cosmetic. Much better than an oil leak :D

And Nagaman, I fully agree with you on every point. I would be surprised if I never own a Tesla.
Or at least an EV built from the ground up unlike my re-purposed Kona.
Ceramic blue Kona Highlander - Current stats:
As of 26 October 2020 (13.5 months of ownership)
40'000km at an average speed of 57km/h
126Wh/km from new
brendon_m

Post by brendon_m »

EVdownUnder wrote: Fri, 03 Jul 2020, 21:34 They are according to this study: https://www.jdpower.com/business/press- ... -study-iqs
Nope, I refuse to believe that study.
Dodge and Kia tie for highest in overall initial quality
Kia I can see but anyone who claims that dodge is high quality has holes in their data set.

The study only counts the number of complaints in the first 90 days. So it's more of measure of how whiney a brands' owners are. Perhaps people don't complain about dodge because they know they're buying rubbish or maybe the cars limp through to the 91st day.

The iconic study, redesigned this year, measures components that fail and features that are difficult to use, hard to understand or don’t work the way owners want.
It also doesn't differentiate between faults and people not knowing how to open the glove box...

Also it's a bit self promoting and pompous for them to describe the study as iconic.
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

The JD Power report is very understanding of the average American’s lack of knowledge about tech etc NOT understood by Americans.
A different perspective isn’t appreciated. (Not invented here - no good)
They need the ICE age of complexity to keep going and, like so many, Tesla represents a WMD.