OTA Update v10.2

Tesla EVs Interest Group
brendon_m

Re: OTA Update v10.2

Post by brendon_m »

Nagaman wrote: Wed, 06 Jan 2021, 09:50 Why is it that every bug fix equals the invention of another bug needing to be fixed ...with a reduction in clarity as a side dish !?
That's called 'progress' and it's how people keep their jobs. Do a half arsed job now so you can be paid to fix it later
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

Tesla excels in so many areas but those writing the software are anything but impressive from my experience of the modern product .
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

Well today on the southern outskirts of Shepparton we invented an identified 40km zone, for the very first time, within an 80 zone.
Naturally we got full regen braking but nobody was particularly close and I rest the foot on the accelerator anyway........just in case.
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

.....any yet another invented 60 zone made it’s appearance today on a regular route .
How does this happen ?

Actually it happened a couple of days ago also....both in an 80 zone....and before that a 40 in an 80 zone.....no temporary speed signs to trigger it.
philupandgo
Groupie

Post by philupandgo »

Experienced this twice in NSW before new year. 1st was between Cooma and Tumt where i also saw messages about lost reception. Of course much of that stetch, with many tight blind mountain corners doesn't suit using TACC/Autopilot because the car tends to be too timid for following drivers (and often because i wasn't prepared to trust it). But it was west of the ranges that the sudden braking for imaginary 60km/h zones in the middle of nowhere occurred. The same happened between Narrandera and Albury on secondary roads.

I wonder if there is a default speed that gets applied in places without phone coverage. And on secondary roads it wouldn't surprize me if speed limits were captured during long running road works or before upgrades many years ago and not applied to 3rd party databases very often. The imaginary 60 zones in the country tended to be only a couple of km long.
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

philupandgo wrote: Sun, 17 Jan 2021, 16:37 Experienced this twice in NSW before new year. 1st was between Cooma and Tumt where i also saw messages about lost reception. Of course much of that stetch, with many tight blind mountain corners doesn't suit using TACC/Autopilot because the car tends to be too timid for following drivers (and often because i wasn't prepared to trust it). But it was west of the ranges that the sudden braking for imaginary 60km/h zones in the middle of nowhere occurred. The same happened between Narrandera and Albury on secondary roads.

I wonder if there is a default speed that gets applied in places without phone coverage. And on secondary roads it wouldn't surprize me if speed limits were captured during long running road works or before upgrades many years ago and not applied to 3rd party databases very often. The imaginary 60 zones in the country tended to be only a couple of km long.
Hmmm, I notice that the music streaming drops out regularly with apparent reasonable signal indication, but the fake speed zones within 80 zones are odd for being so close to large towns with old established 80 zones such as southern edge of Shepparton and certainly no suggestion of dropouts......unless it coincides with roaming at a reception border ???
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

48.35.5 and it looks like nothing more than more bug fixes.
Tesla bugs beget bugs to an industry leading level.
roddilkes
Groupie

Post by roddilkes »

I don't read forums much at all but I am renewing my membership on the AEVA so I thought I'd better get my moneys worth.

Looking at some of the posts on this thread I hafta say if I was looking at purchasing any Tesla I'd change my mind and stick with a gas guzzler.
Strewth! Get a Life guys!

I've had my Tesla M3 for going on 14 months now and it is by far the best car I ever bought. 33,000kms and counting.
I look forward to each and every OTA update.
The previous one I note even recognizes the lollipop people on roadworks... and you can see right on the display when they turn the sign from Stop to Slow.
This is mind blowing image recognition. It's not just a processing a photo, it's recognizing a human, with a sign, and reading that sign correctly.
Which of you dudes could program that without a bug !

Now I just need the M3 to start recognizing kangaroos.
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

A new update out now 2021.4.3 apparently.
g4qber

Post by g4qber »

Overheat protection fixed by hard reset fixed; hold scroll wheels down till see T logo, up to 1 minute.

USB formatting bug semi fixed - don’t have to physically remove USB but may have to press format icon again.
Last edited by g4qber on Sat, 20 Feb 2021, 04:22, edited 5 times in total.
2020 Model 3 SR+ FSD - Delivered Fri 17 Jan ‘20 - k kms 82
2009 Tango - http://www.evalbum.com/211
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

I’m not sure a dozen or so updates have actually done much other than introduce bugs and inconsistencies whilst making the display harder to read.
g4qber

Post by g4qber »

2021.4.6 released
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

g4qber wrote: Sat, 20 Feb 2021, 04:23 2021.4.6 released
Do you have FSD/NoA or just ap Joseph ?
Is the update relevant to basic ap ?
g4qber

Post by g4qber »

FSD
unsure if update is relevant to AP1
Last edited by g4qber on Sun, 21 Feb 2021, 11:40, edited 2 times in total.
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

g4qber wrote: Sat, 20 Feb 2021, 12:46 FSD
unsure if update is relevant to AP1
Seems not.