The order is in

Tesla EVs Interest Group
Nagaman
Groupie

The order is in

Post by Nagaman »

So we’ve put the deposit down on the white M3SR+ , after a test drive on Monday last, and are happy to pay the premium subscription fee for internet access.
Our music is on the iPod and we have 2 android phones so I’m wondering if I should order one of those USB hubs to keep things neat.
I’m thinking of getting the solar electrician we use to come around for a preliminary look at the charging installation location.
March with be slow coming around this year.
Does anyone have any tips?.
dgh853
Groupie

Re: The order is in

Post by dgh853 »

Congratulations.

I'd suggest you join the facebook Tesla Model 3 Australia forum at https://www.facebook.com/groups/682223248624506/. Over 2,000 members and you'll get quick answers to your Model 3 questions.
2019 Tesla Model 3 SR+
2019 Kona Electric Elite
2013 Nissan Leaf
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

Thanks David
I’m loathe to get into social media with, what seems to be, the associated nastiness, so I’ve avoided it in order to remain sane.
Maybe Facebook is different though.
I watched the YouTube clip on ‘a better route planner’ and was amazed at it’s thoroughness. It takes me back to my flight planning days :)
dgh853
Groupie

Post by dgh853 »

Fair enough re. social media. The Tesla model 3 Australia group is well moderated so no issue with negativity.

The other option is to use the Tesla Motors Club forum for Australia at https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/forums/australia.129/. No need for a facebook account and you can browse and search plenty of content and ask your questions there.
2019 Tesla Model 3 SR+
2019 Kona Electric Elite
2013 Nissan Leaf
MrD
Groupie

Post by MrD »

Hi David - you may wish to consider joining the Tesla Owners Club of Australia (TOCA) who are organising a number of Model 3 "Bootcamps" for new owners to network and be assisted by technical experts.
MrD-85-TSLA
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

dgh853 wrote: Fri, 13 Dec 2019, 09:19 Fair enough re. social media. The Tesla model 3 Australia group is well moderated so no issue with negativity.

The other option is to use the Tesla Motors Club forum for Australia at https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/forums/australia.129/. No need for a facebook account and you can browse and search plenty of content and ask your questions there.
Thanks for that David
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

A simple question - how long is the home charging cable?.

I like to reverse into my garage which means the car’s charge port is further away from the mains cabinet on the other side of the brick garage wall. That would require the longer cable (I’ve heard of a shorter charging cable).

I’m looking to have most of the installation done in anticipation of getting the car and included cable.

Any advice much appreciated.

Dave
MrD
Groupie

Post by MrD »

Hello Dave - apologies if someone has already answered this for you. The home wall charger (HPWC) that comes with your Model 3 are available with two lead lengths - 2.5m and 7m. The general advice is to choose the longer lead (and I support that advice), and to have the electrician install it such that you can reach a second vehicle if necessary (eg adjacent or in your driveway). This future proofs your wall charger - allowing for different positions for the charge port if you change vehicles or have a visitor who wishes to charge. The additional length of lead simply coils around the HPWC ideally in three loops - avoid shorter bending as you will get more 'twisting' over time. To support the cable along the wall I have attached a couple of plastic coated hooks - available from a hardware store in large sheds for about $12 each. kind regards. Chris.
MrD-85-TSLA
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

Thanks Chris.
Do you leave it hanging on the hooks or wind it back to the charger base?.
MrD
Groupie

Post by MrD »

I wind it back around the HPWC when not in use....in a consistent way (anti-clockwise) to avoid twisting and so it plugs back in neatly on the RHS. When you get your HPWC all the above will be obvious. Regards. Chris
MrD-85-TSLA
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

I have more own number plates so I’m wondering if there is anything I need to know beyond letting them know when they contact me with the expected delivery date .
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

When I check my account the expected delivery month is blank. (The original was March but I saw February later)
Is that normal ?
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

Well I have a VIN number and am tracking a couple of ships as it can’t be much longer before we get some sort of news.
Can you actually track a VIN number?.
dgh853
Groupie

Post by dgh853 »

Try https://vedaprime.net.au/ for more information on Tesla tracking/stalking in Australia
2019 Tesla Model 3 SR+
2019 Kona Electric Elite
2013 Nissan Leaf
Nagaman
Groupie

Post by Nagaman »

Wow, we pick up this week!
Notified approximately 2 hrs after the Kota Ekspres docked.
I guess if you have limited storage and an urgent desire for the folding stuff you can expect quick service.