Blade upgrade / FS / parts

Technical discussion for the Blade
oachrop
Noobie

Blade upgrade / FS / parts

Post by oachrop »

Hi all,

I purchased a Blade back in 2019 - it's one that was worked on a bit by Bryce in 2018, and while there were some issues initially, it's been working great for the last year or so.

However, I'm about to move out of town and need more like 100-150km range, rather than the 60-80km I'm getting currently.

Does anyone have experience putting in new batteries? I talked to ozelectricvehicles.com who estimated $23k to put in new batteries (they said they'd need to upgrade a lot of the wiring, easier than trying to work with what is there already). I have 20kWh of LiFePO4 cylindrical cells that I was thinking of using, but I have too many other projects, and a high-current high-voltage EV pack is a bit daunting.

I've advertised it for sale on Gumtree and Facebook, and only got offers about $3k - is this how much it's worth these days? I paid $8k (perhaps foolishly), and I estimate that it saves about $1000 in fuel and $500 in rego per year (though I'm not eligible for the free rego as I bought it before the rule came in). And considering the battery is still at about 12kWh (down from 16kWh when new), I thought the parts alone are worth more than $3k, to someone who can use them at least.

If anyone is interested in buying the car - either whole, or for parts - I'm happy to talk. I'm in Canberra.

(I plan to post in the FS section, once my AEVA membership is confirmed, but wanted to explore upgrading it one last time before getting rid of it)

Myall
antiscab

Re: Blade upgrade / FS / parts

Post by antiscab »

Hi Myall,

welcome to the forum

gumtree link for those watching: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kaleen/ ... 1286488065

looks like a great car, and the curtis AC stuff I've heard good things about

what cylindrical cells did you buy?
Matt
2023 BYD Atto 3 - 21k km
2017 Renault zoe - 147'000km
2012 Leaf - 101'000km - soon to be trialing a booster battery
2007 Vectrix - 197'000km (retired)
2007 Vectrix - 50k km
oachrop
Noobie

Post by oachrop »

Someone else imported them from china and sold them to me, so this may not be completely accurate, but I believe the cells are:

5.5 Ah LiFePO4 32700 Optimum cells, 2C continuous discharge, 10C instant discharge

Built into 16s9p packs (48v 50Ah 2.5 kWh) with 50A BMS (same rating for charge and discharge)

I purchased for $300 per kWh and would be very happy to sell these on for anything close to this price. I've got about 40kWh but am using some for home battery storage.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

I've sent you a PM Myall regarding the Blade ..... I recently bought one from Sydney and have a few bits from that I could use to get two of them running ......

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn