Randall679
Groupie

THE BLADE ELECTRON MANUAL PDF

Post by Randall679 »

Randall679
Groupie

Re: THE BLADE ELECTRON MANUAL PDF

Post by Randall679 »

According to one of the Blade engineers who still lives here in Castlemaine, this is the next to last manual that was produced. Of course, the Electron also came with a Hyundai manual.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

BTW: if anybody wants the later one: I have pdf's of both the Mk5 owner manual and its wiring schematics - just PM me if you want either.

Cheers
Bryce
Current EV drive: 2019 Kona electric, 2010 iMiEV
Also in family: 2019 Renault Zoe
Past drives: 2011 Blade Getz, 2011 Leaf, 2001 Citroen Berlingo conversion
Past Conversions: DC Berlingo, AC Berlingo, AC Sprinter
Randall679
Groupie

Post by Randall679 »

Bryce wrote: Sun, 09 Sep 2018, 10:56 BTW: if anybody wants the later one: I have pdf's of both the Mk5 owner manual and its wiring schematics - just PM me if you want either.
Cheers
Bryce
Yes, please ... randall.berger@bigpond.com
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Hi Randall - email sent. Schematics and owner manual for Mk5 sent.
Cheers
Bryce
Current EV drive: 2019 Kona electric, 2010 iMiEV
Also in family: 2019 Renault Zoe
Past drives: 2011 Blade Getz, 2011 Leaf, 2001 Citroen Berlingo conversion
Past Conversions: DC Berlingo, AC Berlingo, AC Sprinter
Randall679
Groupie

Post by Randall679 »

Bryce wrote: Sun, 30 Sep 2018, 07:39 Hi Randall - email sent. Schematics and owner manual for Mk5 sent. Cheers. Bryce
Thank you so much! Not that I will ever do any tinkering myself, they are nice to have.

I have been in touch with two BEV engineers who still live here in Castlemaine who want to take a look at it. I believe it is actually Blade #2, a Mk IV built in 2008 for the City of Melbourne. It now resides back in Castlemaine, only a few kms from 2 Hitchcock Street where the Blades were built. It has the fill electron livery and decals. Everything is so pristine, as it only has 19,000kms on it. I may bet the badges re-chromed, as they are a bit dull and corroded. I may see if the guy in Sydney who bought all the spares has any.

I have been in The States for three weeks and just got back behind the wheel. Just had to press the reset button. Batteries did not lose a single % point. Such a thrilling ride!

Cheers, Randall
Techedz
Noobie

Post by Techedz »

Bryce wrote: Sun, 09 Sep 2018, 10:56 BTW: if anybody wants the later one: I have pdf's of both the Mk5 owner manual and its wiring schematics - just PM me if you want either.

Cheers
Bryce
Hi Bryce, can I get a copy of the owner manual and wiring schematics please. I'm working on a 10/2009 Blade electron and have to replace the battery pack and wire and build a second display model using the running gear from another car for a friend so we can display both cars. I can't pm you as there doesn't seem to be a link. My email is ehoek@tpg.com.au

Cheers
Eddy
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Hi Eddy and welcome to the forum.
I'm wishing you the best of luck with finding a wiring diagram that actually matches any Blade Electron, each seems to be a "Bespoke" build, just without the meticulous care one would associate with that particular term.
Trying to transfer anything from one Blade to another is really asking for mental health problems :lol:

Please post photos as you go, just in case you throw your hands in the air part way through and decide to sell the whole project ..... a picture makes putting a jigsaw puzzle together so much easier, especially when there are two jigsaw puzzles in the same box ...... but jokes aside, please post photos so those of use with these wonderful vehicles can take heart and continue with their project cars 8-)

Just a note, don't try to tow one using a dolly trailer manufactured in the NSW/Vic border area, the full metal mud guards do serious damage to the sill rails both sides :cry:

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn
Techedz
Noobie

Post by Techedz »

Thanks for the Welcome Terry.

And thanks for the tip, no I won't be towing with a dolly. The car we have been given was last registered in August 2019 and only taken off the road for a failing battery pack (my friend was told). We also have a full set of running gear (motor, old batteries, controller etc) that my friend wants me to set up as a working model of all the electrics to be displayed with it.

Big thank you to Bryce today, he quickly sent me a 2010 Schematic and manual so that's going to be a great start. As I said, we have a complete 10/09 car to compare the wiring schematics to.
Techedz
Noobie

Post by Techedz »

BTW, quick question, what is the voltage of each of the batteries? And what voltage does the controller and motor run on? There is 200v wiring and a 180v rated 250A inverter fuse.

I haven’t been able to find any info in the 20 articles I found on the interweb before I got the schematics. The info I read a number of times said 57 batteries but I think they were guessing after looking in the boot.

With the great schematics that Bryce emailed me, I can see that there are 56 batteries joined in the boot and a further 16 joined together in the front. The batteries front and rear all appear identical in the schematic pictures as the stud and torque sizes for all the terminals are the same.

The 16 front batteries are joined in series (assuming the red dot on the terminal is positive).
The 56 rear batteries are also joined in series, which is weird, because it means they are both feeding different voltages.

So what’s the plan for our project car?

A friend of mine started Lids4Kids and he was given it to use with the charity. However, it first has to do a year as a promotional vehicle for the sponsors.

I will be working with a teacher and his students at a local Yr 11/12 College in Canberra to first do a battery swap and service.

We will then be building a rolling, working model using the second set of electrics.

brendon_m

Post by brendon_m »

Techedz wrote: Wed, 28 Jul 2021, 21:01
The 16 front batteries are joined in series (assuming the red dot on the terminal is positive).
The 56 rear batteries are also joined in series, which is weird, because it means they are both feeding different voltages.
The two banks of cells will be in series with each other to give a total of 72 cells in series (56+16).
Assuming the cell count is right and the cells are LFP that makes 230V nominal
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

If you can get all the 72 cells to hold 3.6v, the upper voltage is 260v roughly, but as soon as you load them up you will be lucky to see much over 72 c 3.0v or 216v. I believe the shut down battery voltage is some where around 160v to 180v.

Depending on the outcome of the Prius traction battery fire insurance claim, and my LTO cells finally reaching the Adelaide wharf, I might be building a nom. 200v LTO battery for my Blade Electron V. This should have an upper end voltage of around 250v and be able to hold around that voltage for the majority of it's run time ... well in theory at least.
The biggest issue is motor and controller over heat, along with the air con and power steering being a non functioning item that just adds weight, but this can be over come by using an electric air con compressor and re engineering it for reverse cycle, that will get rid of the energy hungry resistance heater. It's a toss up between an electric steering rack or electric pump, the rack option has much better energy efficiency because only draws power when the assistance is required.

T1 Terry
Green but want to learn
Techedz
Noobie

Post by Techedz »

brendon_m wrote: Thu, 29 Jul 2021, 06:52
Techedz wrote: Wed, 28 Jul 2021, 21:01
The two banks of cells will be in series with each other to give a total of 72 cells in series (56+16).
Assuming the cell count is right and the cells are LFP that makes 230V nominal
Thanks for that info. I was just going off the schematics for the cell count. That's good to know about the individual cell voltage, that makes a lot more sense.

I'll run a separate thread for this car when we put it in the workshop to start working on it but that's early next year.
Techedz
Noobie

Post by Techedz »

This is the bookface page that has been setup for the project for the Lids4Kids Blade EV project https://www.facebook.com/groups/3257935 ... 3925963167