Volt agreed value for insurance - can anyone help?

Volt Interest Group
PaulHowdle
Noobie

Volt agreed value for insurance - can anyone help?

Post by PaulHowdle »

Hi all,
I've had my Volt for almost 7 years and still love it, but at this time of year I need to hassle my insurer for a decent agreed value. They're only offering $18,000 agreed value, which I view as far too low for a car in perfect condition with only 68,000km travelled. $22K + seems more reasonable.

I've negotiated them up in the past two years by pointing them to Volts for sale on carsales etc, but there doesn't seem to be a single Volt for sale on any platform in Australia currently.
Would any of you have bought or sold a Volt recently? If so can you share details with me?
Thanks
Paul
phowdle@directional.biz
Holden Volt owner since 2014, Outlander PHEV since 2018
TyTower
Groupie

Re: Volt agreed value for insurance - can anyone help?

Post by TyTower »

Not what you want but usually you negotiate the value up by them inspecting the car and giving you a personal value.Doubt anything else will persuade them otherwise.
mikedufty

Post by mikedufty »

What insurer? Have you tried Shannons?
I had similar issues insuring an old MX5. Redbook says they are worth $3k, but you'll have trouble finding one for sale under 10k. Shannons was the only insurer I could find that would cover it for the purchase price. They just asked what I wanted to insure it for and accepted that number.
They require you to be a "motoring enthusiast" I think just being interested in EVs is sufficient to qualify though.
Volta
Noobie

Post by Volta »

Shannons Insurance only offer agreed value. They calc the bill from that. Never any hassle from them.
Volta