Mitsubishi Berwick & Ryde

Mitsubishi EV Interest Group
cr12330
Groupie

Post by cr12330 » Tue, 14 Apr 2015, 16:16

G'day

So I looked at the two best cars they have on offer for the i-miev on car sales.

I looked at the i-miev with about 4000KM and offered them $15K, they seem kind of interested but since playing hard ball, they told me this was loan out to a School and only had them for a few Months. (Berwick)

As well I called Ryde and looked at their 12,000KM and they said they can have it shipped up to me to Darwin with 3 Month rego for $18,888. I said that Berwick was happy to do about 15K for 4000km and said would you do it for $13,000 and they were a little rude and said to me if you do buy an i-miev for $13,000 you going to have problems with the condition of the car etc and you going to have servicing issues down the track.

What did you think guys, was I little bit too low balling?

Thanks Joseph

jonescg

Post by jonescg » Tue, 14 Apr 2015, 16:33

Shipping a car from Melbourne to Darwin will cost about $1500 maximum. If you factor this into your offers, you can make a call on the particular car you want. It's hard to say which of the two cars will offer more range - best to get an AEVA member in Melbourne to take it fora good long test drive, finishing up at Moreland so you can get a DC quick charge in and return it.

In my mind, the single biggest thing to determine with these 4-5 year old EVs is whether or not the range has suffered appreciably. Since there is a DC fast charger available, you might as well rack up 70-80 km on the trip meter and do a rapid charge before heading back to the dealership.
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch chair.

iDaVID
Groupie

Post by iDaVID » Tue, 14 Apr 2015, 17:44

I bought my 2010 Miev from Ryde & got a reasonable deal with a trade-in (Holden Combo). I didn't find them rude, but they wouldn't haggle over their one & only offer either. They did, though, charge it up for me to full, before I got there, as I had a 160km drive home.

Since I've owned it, I've had no problems with my Miev which had around 20,000kms on the dial at the time when I bought it. I've had it now for about 7 months now & use it as my daily.

I have found, though, that there's no way it has the claimed 150km range per charge. The best I've gotten is 110kms.

I haven't had to worry about a service yet, but I've got a Mitsubishi dealer 4kms away. So I'm just going to go there when needed as I know them well as they also do my Ralliart & Pajero.

cr12330
Groupie

Post by cr12330 » Tue, 14 Apr 2015, 23:50

They sounded more friendly at Berwick than Ryde, every sales man is different. The i-miev that done almost 4000km has gone up to $30K again because the owner wants to keep it for show and tell reasons, I wanted that car the most. Berwick offer me the 14,000km car for about $17,000? I have to provide my own shipping, what do you think guys?

iDaVID
Groupie

Post by iDaVID » Wed, 15 Apr 2015, 00:00

cr12330 wrote: They sounded more friendly at Berwick than Ryde, every sales man is different. The i-miev that done almost 4000km has gone up to $30K again because the owner wants to keep it for show and tell reasons, I wanted that car the most. Berwick offer me the 14,000km car for about $17,000? I have to provide my own shipping, what do you think guys?

Well the one I got from Ryde was one of their $16,888 ones. Got $3,000 for the trade-in. As said mine had 20,000 kms on the dial and have had no problems with it. So that worked out for $13,888 for me.

But, given what Ryde has quoted you, sounds like they want to charge you 2 grand for the transport to Darwin. It maybe worth your while to price some transport to Darwin, from both Sydney & Melbourne, and then see what the final overall figure is.

zzcoopej
Groupie

Post by zzcoopej » Wed, 15 Apr 2015, 13:46

cr12330 wrote:
As well I called Ryde and looked at their 12,000KM and they said they can have it shipped up to me to Darwin with 3 Month rego for $18,888. I said that Berwick was happy to do about 15K for 4000km and said would you do it for $13,000

What did you think guys, was I little bit too low balling?

Thanks Joseph

Just be patient, end of month, new year and EOFY are good times to buy cars. These 2010 iMiEV are rapidly running out of manufacturers warranty so the price should be falling a bit this year.

Also, you need to negotiate on a specific car, eg VIN number as they are mostly unregistered. Km travelled is not so reliable as I know one person who purchased from Ryde and the car delivered had different km than claimed.
I'm sure some AEVA members would be happy to check cars out for you (one in Vic already offered). If you can get someone with an App called CanIon it can show the individual voltage of all 88 cells in the battery so you can see whether there might be early signs of a problem. I've connected CanIon to 3 iMiEV from Ryde and the voltage was consistent across all 88 cells in all 3 cars.

Remember Ryde has about 20 cars, not just the few listed on carsales.
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
Battery App EvBatMon for PHEV & iMiEV iOS(iPhone,iPad)& Android
www.EvPositive.com

memecode
Groupie

Post by memecode » Mon, 25 May 2015, 17:53

zzcoopej wrote: Remember Ryde has about 20 cars, not just the few listed on carsales.

I went and test drove one last week and the sales rep said it was the last of the batch. So that's the end of the ex-lease ones for the moment I imagine.

The question in my mind is, what would the range be on these 5 year old cars with 23,000km? I know a bunch of people posting here bought similar cars from the Ryde dealership.

iDaVID
Groupie

Post by iDaVID » Mon, 25 May 2015, 18:11

memecode wrote: I went and test drove one last week and the sales rep said it was the last of the batch. So that's the end of the ex-lease ones for the moment I imagine.

The question in my mind is, what would the range be on these 5 year old cars with 23,000km? I know a bunch of people posting here bought similar cars from the Ryde dealership.

I bought one from Ryde in October last year. It had 20,000 on the dial.

The usual range I get is 90-100kms per charge.

The best distance I've gotten was around 110kms on the day I bought the car and was driving it home to Cessnock (had to stop at Morisset & charge it up to half so I could complete my trip).   
Last edited by iDaVID on Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:13, edited 1 time in total.

cr12330
Groupie

Post by cr12330 » Mon, 25 May 2015, 18:19

Hi Memecode, Welcome to the forum. If you head out again, take one of the guys out there that has a Canion so you can check out the Batteries and decide yourself if you really want to get one. As well there the last one there at $16,888 you could always say to the the warranties is almost up and trying giving them between 12 to 14K, its a great car but worth getting the Batteries checked out for piece of mind. Thanks Joseph
Last edited by cr12330 on Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:20, edited 1 time in total.

zzcoopej
Groupie

Post by zzcoopej » Mon, 25 May 2015, 18:19

memecode wrote: sales rep said it was the last of the batch. So that's the end of the ex-lease ones for the moment I imagine.
I got the same story from Ryde 2 weeks ago so it might actually be true! I know 7 of the Ryde iMiEV buyers (1xCanberra, 3xSydney, 1xBlue mtns, 1xHunter & 1xCentral coast) so there is a good chance sales total 19 considering there has been a bit of interstate interest also.
memecode wrote: The question in my mind is, what would the range be on these 5 year old cars with 23,000km?

We have all been getting about 100km real world range over summer. So that's sometimes with passengers and a bit of A/c etc. Winter range is significantly less (60-70km) if you make extensive use of the heater, not so bad if you just use the seat warmer.

Although for the Leaf, there has been a good study done on the degradation over time of the lithium batteries. My conclusion is that heat > 32C is bad and >40C is really bad.

www.pluginamerica.org/surveys/batteries ... Survey.pdf
Last edited by zzcoopej on Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
www.EvPositive.com

fret
Noobie

Post by fret » Mon, 25 May 2015, 18:29

iDaVID wrote:The best distance I've gotten was around 110kms on the day I bought the car and was driving it home to Cessnock (had to stop at Morisset & charge it up to half so I could complete my trip).   

That's interesting that you mention Morisset, because I was trying to work out whether I could get an iMiev to my parents place (North Ryde to Maitland = 162km). The Morisset Chademo charger is exactly 100km from home. But they are mostly highway km, with some fairly big hills are the Sydney end of the freeway. Seems a little dicey from what I understand.

Can anyone just rock up and use the Morisset fast charger? Or do you have to have an account with someone?

zzcoopej
Groupie

Post by zzcoopej » Mon, 25 May 2015, 18:38

fret wrote: whether I could get an iMiev to my parents place (North Ryde to Maitland = 162km)

Hi fret, I guess I can add you to the list of ex-Ryde Sydney iMiEV owners then? When did you buy it and how many km on the clock?
fret wrote: Morriset fast charger
noronha.id.au/2013/12/betterplace/
Is it still there, I think it was removed? You could always do a 30-60minute topup charge at Castle Hill or Hornsby shopping centre on your trip north.
Last edited by zzcoopej on Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
www.EvPositive.com

fret
Noobie

Post by fret » Mon, 25 May 2015, 18:42

zzcoopej wrote:Hi fret, I guess I can add you to the list of ex-Ryde Sydney iMiEV owners then? When did you buy it and how many km on the clock?
Well no, I went for a test drive but haven't bought it (yet).

How is the performance at 110km/hr in terms of hill climbing? I.e. coming out of the moony moony bridge and so on?
zzcoopej wrote:You could always do a 30-60minute topup charge at Castle Hill or Hornsby shopping centre on your trip north.
Hmmm... so possible but annoying.

zzcoopej
Groupie

Post by zzcoopej » Mon, 25 May 2015, 18:48

fret wrote: How is the performance at 110km/hr in terms of hill climbing? I.e. coming out of the moony moony bridge and so on?

I drove my iMiEV back via that route after purchase, however I decided to limit myself to 100km/h just to conserve battery. I have since done the trip at 110km/h with 4 people in the car. No troubles either time, there is plenty of power to maintain speed up hills if you're happy to sacrifice range. The car felt quite safe and stable (for a small car).

How many km has the remaining Ryde car got on the clock? I wonder if its their demo car, or do they have that as well? There used to be a pink iMiEV up in the carpark behind the building, has that gone now?
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
www.EvPositive.com

iDaVID
Groupie

Post by iDaVID » Mon, 25 May 2015, 18:48

fret wrote: That's interesting that you mention Morisset, because I was trying to work out whether I could get an iMiev to my parents place (North Ryde to Maitland = 162km). The Morisset Chademo charger is exactly 100km from home. But they are mostly highway km, with some fairly big hills are the Sydney end of the freeway. Seems a little dicey from what I understand.

Can anyone just rock up and use the Morisset fast charger? Or do you have to have an account with someone?

Yes the hills at both Mooney Mooney & north of the Hawkesbury took their toll on the charge, but I hovered around 80-90kmh along the freeway, for the most part, except coming up from the Hawkesbury where I just stayed behind a truck & at one point I was doing 40kmh.

I limped into Morisset on the turtle mode. I didn't know about this Chademo charger so I went to the Woolies underground carpark instead. They have plenty of 10amp outlets there - I made a converter & recharged there. Took about 2 & 1/2 hours. Did my shopping, had lunch, then surfed the net on my laptop.    

fret
Noobie

Post by fret » Mon, 25 May 2015, 18:55

zzcoopej wrote:How many km has the remaining Ryde car got on the clock? I wonder if its their demo car, or do they have that as well? There used to be a pink iMiEV up in the carpark behind the building, has that gone now?
Has 23,000 and something. It was white and the last one.

Is it possible to add cruise control to the iMiev?

reecho

Post by reecho » Mon, 25 May 2015, 18:58

fret wrote: Is it possible to add cruise control to the iMiev?

Yes......

iDaVID
Groupie

Post by iDaVID » Mon, 25 May 2015, 18:58

fret wrote:
How is the performance at 110km/hr in terms of hill climbing? I.e. coming out of the moony moony bridge and so on?

I too have done 110kmh since, along the freeways around the Hunter, & it handles fine. Don't forget you have a heavy battery pack under the car, which gives it some added stability & a lower centre of gravity than say a Mirage or some other small hatchback. Having said that, in very windy conditions, it can move around a little, but it's not dangerous or anything like that.

zzcoopej
Groupie

Post by zzcoopej » Mon, 25 May 2015, 19:16

fret wrote:Is it possible to add cruise control to the iMiev?

Unless its adaptive CC I'm not sure there is much point? The 1 hour "range" sort of limits the use of CC.

Not sure of your situation, and if you're looking at a 2nd hand iMiEV then chances are the PHEV is not what you want and out of your budget. However I have both these EV now, and can thoroughly recommend them as complimentary vehicles for a family of 4.
The PHEV is great for longer trips, and the adaptive CC coupled with the electric motor and regen braking has to be experienced to be believed. On single lane roads ACC is remarkable, bringing the car smoothly to a complete stop in queued traffic etc, all you need to do is point the PHEV at the car in front of you. At $35-38k for an PHEV Aspire that's done <20Kkm (or about $42-45k brand new) the PHEV offers remarkable value IMHO. The PHEV is the "child" of the iMiEV, oh what a big baby! Just a pity they didn't put the ECO mode "lumpy throttle" into the PHEV to stop the ICE kicking in.
Last edited by zzcoopej on Mon, 25 May 2015, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.
2010 iMiEV
2015 PHEV Aspire
www.EvPositive.com

Gabz

Post by Gabz » Mon, 25 May 2015, 19:33

fret wrote:
iDaVID wrote:The best distance I've gotten was around 110kms on the day I bought the car and was driving it home to Cessnock (had to stop at Morisset & charge it up to half so I could complete my trip).   

That's interesting that you mention Morisset, because I was trying to work out whether I could get an iMiev to my parents place (North Ryde to Maitland = 162km). The Morisset Chademo charger is exactly 100km from home. But they are mostly highway km, with some fairly big hills are the Sydney end of the freeway. Seems a little dicey from what I understand.

Moriset is gone. unless your going to dedicate the day to getting it home might just be best to get a tow truck.

getting from Thornton to shelly beach/ tuggerah area uses 75%ish plus of my battery.
Corporate Member Recharging NSW Pty Ltd. http://rechargingnsw.com.au/

Greg partridge
Groupie

Post by Greg partridge » Mon, 25 May 2015, 20:36

I brought my Imiev from Ryde too. When I brought it there were 5 available according to the salesman. However when I spoke with the principal he said he had brought 30 of the ex lease imievs from Mitsubishi. Several of the vehicles sold since mine were not available in October. So it's anyones guess how many are left.

memecode
Groupie

Post by memecode » Mon, 25 May 2015, 20:54

Gabz wrote:Moriset is gone.
It is indeed.

So I guess the next question... is there a map of EV charging points in Australia?

I haven't found much info anywhere. Tesla have nice easily scrollable/zoomable maps of all the Superchargers. The non-Tesla community needs the same.

reecho

Post by reecho » Mon, 25 May 2015, 20:57

Greg partridge
Groupie

Post by Greg partridge » Mon, 25 May 2015, 21:27

ChargePoint app too

Gabz

Post by Gabz » Mon, 25 May 2015, 21:37

Corporate Member Recharging NSW Pty Ltd. http://rechargingnsw.com.au/