New MY14 Imiev Fast charging $22,995

Mitsubishi EV Interest Group
marty11
Groupie

Post by marty11 » Wed, 04 Dec 2013, 21:53

...in the USA , actually, less $7500 rebate from the Government over there puts it at just under $16000.

"all the new 2014 i-MiEVs come equipped with standard CHAdeMO fast charging equipped.

Along with some other new features, items that were previously options are now standard as well:

All New i-MiEV Come With Standard CHAdeMO Fast Charging Protocols On Board

All New i-MiEV Come With Standard CHAdeMO Fast Charging Protocols On Board

Driver and front passenger heated seats
    Heated side view mirrors
    Rear door speakers
    8A/12A switchable Level 1 charging cable*** (approximate charge time from near empty to fully charged – 22 hours for 8 amp/14 hours for 12 amp)
    Charge port lamp
    CHAdeMO DC quick charge port
    Battery warming system

Interior Enhancements

Leather-covered steering wheel and shift knob
    Passenger-side vanity mirror with lid
    Numerous decorative color/trim upgrades

Exterior Enhancements

Aluminum wheels
    Front fog lights
    New daytime running lights (DRL)
    Black-out door sash trim

And...

"    “After factoring in the Federal tax credit of $7,500, the net MSRP of the 2014 Mitsubishi i-MiEV drops down to only $15,495*.

With a net MSRP of only $15,495 after factoring in the available EV federal tax credit of $7,500 and, for example, with the California state EV financial incentive of up to $2,500** (other generous financial incentives are available through numerous states and municipalities), residents in California can obtain the technologically-advanced 2014 Mitsubishi i-MiEV for as low as $12,995“

Although Mitsubishi has yet to announce a national lease deal on the 2014 i-MiEV, we think something along the lines of $99/month with $1,999 down sounds about right."

Not bad for a BEV price .. what do you think?

Show this article to your Australian Mitsubishi Dealer and say.. how about one!

oh.. .the link!   
2014 fast charge Cheaper Imiev

Enjoy! Cheers . .Marty
Holden Volt - June 2013
-----------------------------
Solar Charged from 10kw

g4qber

Post by g4qber » Wed, 04 Dec 2013, 21:57

Nice

Would be interesting if it has cruise control.

Good to see that the imiev is not dead ... Yet.

It probably is a cult car.

Great how passenger now has heated seat
And light in the charging port
Hopefully it will also continue with
A) preconditioning
B) timer ; I can then get rid of my hydroponics timer.

Will be interesting to see if they have a 240v switchable evse that is volt compatible.
And how much will it cost as a spare part

Current 10 a genuine mitsu aus evse = $1550.

Btw haven't heard back from will Barrett, clipper creek. Probably working hard on 30mA rcd.

Last edited by g4qber on Wed, 04 Dec 2013, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

acmotor

Post by acmotor » Thu, 05 Dec 2013, 06:56

Fantastic !

I guess the simplicity of a BEV like the iMiEV has the potential to knock the socks off any ICE and particularly any hybrid in production price as the EV ball gets rolling.

There is only cosmetic change from Oz 2012 model that has CHAdeMO ? i.e. battery/motor (the bits that matter) remain the same. The US fat body (on past models) is a good thing for marketing though.
+1, is there cruise control ???

The more I drive the iMiEV the more I realise just how competent and capable and driveable it is. With that new US pricing.... the world is going to be a changin.... Image
iMiEV MY12     110,230km in pure Electric and loving it !

acmotor

Post by acmotor » Fri, 06 Dec 2013, 06:23

You realise, those new BEV prices (e.g. 2014 iMiEV) are going to make buying a leaf or volt etc in Oz even less popular. Shame in a way.   Image

BigMouse

Post by BigMouse » Fri, 06 Dec 2013, 14:42

acmotor wrote: You realise, those new BEV prices (e.g. 2014 iMiEV) are going to make buying a leaf or volt etc in Oz even less popular. Shame in a way.   Image

You mean because the price would likely be close to double that here? I think the more people are aware of the ridiculous price gouging we experience here, the more likely there will be an outcry for it to change. People have to be educated about the incorrect justification that it "costs more to ship here" and recognize that the AUD/USD exchange rate has been close to parity for around 5yrs now. There's just no reason for a price difference like the ones we see.

Johny

Post by Johny » Fri, 06 Dec 2013, 15:08

BigMouse wrote:People have to be educated about the incorrect justification that it "costs more to ship here" and recognize that the AUD/USD exchange rate has been close to parity for around 5yrs now. There's just no reason for a price difference like the ones we see.
Well actually there is - volume. Australia is a low volume market and the distribution chain has a hard time plucking off the various margins as it is. As for "public outcry". Do you really think that the public has enough spirit to be heard above the car industry's professional voice?

I think we are pretty much stuck with high prices for any low volume products.
One thing though. Since Mitsubishi only bring the iMiev in to order now - could there be an avenue to place the car on the SEVS register? This is specifically set up for low volume imports.
http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicl ... /sevr.aspx
I have a feeling that Mitsu's ability to supply on order would preclude it but...

g4qber

Post by g4qber » Fri, 06 Dec 2013, 15:19

Did/oes a tesla roadster fall into the SEVS category?

Great to have someone thinking outside the box.
Last edited by g4qber on Fri, 06 Dec 2013, 04:19, edited 1 time in total.

BigMouse

Post by BigMouse » Fri, 06 Dec 2013, 15:54

Johny wrote:
BigMouse wrote:People have to be educated about the incorrect justification that it "costs more to ship here" and recognize that the AUD/USD exchange rate has been close to parity for around 5yrs now. There's just no reason for a price difference like the ones we see.
Well actually there is - volume. Australia is a low volume market and the distribution chain has a hard time plucking off the various margins as it is.

In the case of cars, I don't think the low-volume argument works either. The car is made in volume already for RHD markets (Japan itself for example) and Mitsubishi already imports enough volume to Australia that the shipping cost is the same as any other Mitsubishi vehicle sold here, some of which are quite reasonably priced.

If there are compliance considerations (such as requirements of the ADRs that don't exist in other markets, if any), then the low-volume argument may appear to hold some merit, but I immediately dismiss it when it's possible for an individual to import and comply a single vehicle for less than the cost of an Australian delivered one. It's hard to have lower volume than 1. That is of course assuming that it would indeed be cheaper if it were possible.

Did the price of vehicles (compared to inflation) reduce as the AUD gained strength? Probably not. But we can be sure that if the AUD were to significantly drop in value that the cost of vehicles would increase in response. It's a ratchet effect. Raising AUD increases margins by lowering cost to import, falling AUD causes a rise in prices to protect the previously increased margin.

Regarding SEVS and low-volume imports, what about one of the rebadged iMiEVs from Europe (Peugeot iOn, Citroen C-Zero, etc)? Would these possibly be eligible for import, or are the rules aware of badge engineering?

acmotor

Post by acmotor » Fri, 06 Dec 2013, 16:23

Just dreaming....
Maybe a condition of the billions of $ handouts to prop up the car industry in Oz should be to ikea a BEV in Oz..... yep. just dreaming without govt interest in EVs or market preparedness.

Anyone have the URL where we can download the conversations between the manufacturers and government and the link to the manufacturers board room hidden mike ? Image

CometBoy
Groupie

Post by CometBoy » Fri, 06 Dec 2013, 17:01

In the case of a model change such as this, does that mean new Australian compliance is needed for the MY14?

I would assume so??

So with ‘On Order Only’ how does that work?

Would think getting ADR compliance is not a cheap exercise...

Bruce

Johny

Post by Johny » Fri, 06 Dec 2013, 18:23

acmotor wrote:Anyone have the URL where we can download the conversations between the manufacturers and government and the link to the manufacturers board room hidden mike ? Image
Now THAT would be an interesting wikileaks.

offgridQLD

Post by offgridQLD » Fri, 06 Dec 2013, 20:34

Aren't we all just slaves to the US? Subsidizing there under priced consumer goods.Image

like others have mentioned some of the run of the mill ICE cars are now reasonably competitive on price to what you pay over seas when you take taxes and so into consideration. You also have to consider the the majority of average income earners looking to by a new car in Au earn more than People in the in the US so that's in our favor with a strong dollar.

There is no way I would have payed the asking price for our Imiev in fact I wouldn't even pay 30K for it. I think the 25k run out price was a good starting point to consider it value for money.

Kurt
Last edited by offgridQLD on Fri, 06 Dec 2013, 09:37, edited 1 time in total.