Aftermarket iMiEV battery upgrade project

Mitsubishi EV Interest Group
jonescg

Re: Aftermarket iMiEV battery upgrade project

Post by jonescg »

It might suggest you have a single cell which is bombing out under heavy load, yeah.
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch chair.

nuggetgalore
Groupie

Post by nuggetgalore »

jonescg wrote:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020, 11:44
It might suggest you have a single cell which is bombing out under heavy load, yeah.
In the pursuit to better understand how the iMiEV limits the low depletion of the pack, I made a series of screen shots of the state of the battery with EvBatMon.

I tried to get a shot with about 100 A but my wife took the foot of the pedal too quickly. Nevertheless it shows the pack volt has not totally
collapsed although the low cell is considerably below the top cell

```` about 1km left on GoM ``Average cell volt 3.35 ``````` ```````` turtle has just stuck his neck out``` Average cell volt 3.42

Note that the low volt cell No 19 all the way and the high volt cell No 43 stayed on from about 2 km RR.
At higher SoC resp cell voltage the numbers jump all over the place because many cells have voltage very closely matched.
To find out at what low cell voltage the BMS will call it quits one would need to do these tests with a battery in a worse condition.
What is the opinion of the brains trust

nuggetgalore
Groupie

Post by nuggetgalore »

jonescg wrote:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020, 11:44
Part two.
Some screen shots of charging a (down in capacity) iMiEV battery from turtle to full.

straight after running her to turtle I put her on the charger.
Charging at 8 amps all appears to be normal ,the high and low cells still the same as when running it flat.

This time it appears it takes a very long to fill to the ~98 % it usually charges to.
I cannot recall if I ever saw it reach 100% SoC .

Edit: some Qs re the EvBatMon App and CanIon App : quite number of Gauges do not work, but I'm not too concerned about that. I wished though that it would have a gauge showing the odometer, would make it easier to sort the images from different iMiEVs. I can get that on the CanIon app, but it does not give the detailed battery info as does EvBatMon. For some unknown reason it does not display the cell volt chart if I looked at the temp chart during the session, only if I go there first after shut down.