AEVA Members: your Forum Login (here) is NOT the same as your new AEVA member login.
You do not need to change your existing Forum login.

E-glide I-drive

From go-karts and bicycles to electric eskies and kids scooters.
Bushbus
Noobie

E-glide I-drive

Post by Bushbus »

Hey there,

Does anybody know of a cheap source for an I-drive 36v 70a controller or equivalent? Are there any decent but cheap ebay options?
It's for a 1000w e-glide skateboard I was given a while back. I came by 6x 36v 10ah packs that were changed as a service routine so have life left in them and want some cheap transport around the place!!

I have the original I-drive but can't get any life out of it, despite it showing no signs of damage or magic smoke being released.

Any tests or advice greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!!

mjcrow
Groupie

Re: E-glide I-drive

Post by mjcrow »

I think the e-glide skateboards are brushed dc motors (are there 2 or 3 wires going to the motor?), there are plenty of ebay/aliexpress 36v 1000w controllers out there and I think the e-glide used a wired hand throttle(?), which makes it easier as any controller designed for brushed motor electric scooters should work (check the throttle compatiblity, usually 0-5v for scooters). There have been a few of those old boards converted to a more reliable brushless motor (or 2) design, https://www.electric-skateboard.builder ... ss/54196/7.

Mike