EOI: Potential group buy for Siemens 1PV5135motors

AC, DC, amps, volts and kilowatt. It's all discussed in here
Stiive
Groupie

Post by Stiive »

Jodie wrote:
I think he mentioned he had 60ish sets.

Lol, he has more sets than Jack Rickard.

Jack Rickard wrote:
"We got the last 55 motors on the planet.   When they're gone, they're gone. I can't replace them with Siemens.

Yeh find out how much a motor is for me then too
Rgds,
Stiive
Jodie
Noobie

Post by Jodie »

Would you mind sharing what your shipping cost ends up being? Also, if he hasn't already shipped it, maybe we could piggy back on your shipment if we can get something together quickly. You'd probably be a better person to liase with him about our group purchase stuff if you're willing, since you're already in touch with him.[/QUOTE]

My quote was 299 pound to melbourne or 494 to my door.
That was based on a pallet 1.2m x 1m x 65cm high. and 120kg.

The weight sounded a bit light so I added up the components and came closer to 180kg. This did not increase the shipping cost.

So I've paid 100 pound for collection as a deposit and they will take it back to their depo and see if the packaging is suitable.
They charge about 35 pound to make up a new create if needed.
Lloyd had a go at using the wood he had that was classed ISPN15 (fumigated). If it arrives at Melbourne without it, it gets sent right back to port of origin.

Lloyds number is 0011 447968596598
Phil the freight man is 0011 441142852777

Regarding the group buy,
Jack is short of gear boxes. If you are after motors only, he may do the best deal.
I am not in a position to add to my shipment or negotiate a group purchase.

Jodie
Noobie

Post by Jodie »

That being said,

If I could get a motor, inverter, gearbox, heater, a/c, power steering pump, coolant pump and charger with all brackets, oh and a 330vdc-dc converter for under $8000, I'll be in a group buy.

RIPPERTON
Noobie

Post by RIPPERTON »

I can't believe that gearbox isnt a 2 speed !

edited:
Last edited by RIPPERTON on Thu, 29 Nov 2012, 01:50, edited 1 time in total.
Stiive
Groupie

Post by Stiive »

Jodie wrote:
Regarding the group buy,
Jack is short of gear boxes. If you are after motors only, he may do the best deal.

Jack or Lloyd? Jack has said he is not interested in reducing the price for a group buy.
Rgds,
Stiive
tassie_tiger
Groupie

Post by tassie_tiger »

Considering at least one entire vehicle including battery pack went for $6500, it probably would have been worthwhile winning one at auction and getting it containered over just to rip the parts out for another car.
My hobby interests are EV's and competitions. aeva.asn.au for ev's and www.lottos.com.au for competitions. If your partner complains about you ev'ing, send 'em to lottos!
AndrewVS
Noobie

Post by AndrewVS »

There were two RHD Transits in the UK, which went for $1950 and $4700 (from memory). These were complete vans, registered and on the road... it boggles the mind how cheap they went!
tassie_tiger
Groupie

Post by tassie_tiger »

AndrewVS wrote: There were two RHD Transits in the UK, which went for $1950 and $4700 (from memory). These were complete vans, registered and on the road... it boggles the mind how cheap they went!

Wow, just WOW! Imagine how happy the $1950 buyer would be!
My hobby interests are EV's and competitions. aeva.asn.au for ev's and www.lottos.com.au for competitions. If your partner complains about you ev'ing, send 'em to lottos!
BigMouse

Post by BigMouse »

eBay seller wrote:Hi,
Many thanks for your enquiry, My name is Andy and Iwork for Lloyd and I am now dealing with the items he had on ebay. Withregards to your question ,pleasefind below the info I have at the moment.Remember other people are askign for qoutes, so the number of available items may change.
AC Pumps- 17 available, price £175 each.
GearBox- 2 available, price £1500 each
Motors- 16 available, price £1800 each
Heaters- 5 available, price £175 each
Inverters-15 available, price £1000 each
Water pumps-64available, price £75 each
Vacuum pump- 2 available, price £75 each
SHipping cost would be on top
Hope this helps
Andy
FOr further info please contact me on e mail info@lloydash.co.uk

If anyone wants to go in on a group buy for any of this, I'll probably snag an AC pump or two, and probably a water and vacuum pump as well.
Last edited by BigMouse on Fri, 30 Nov 2012, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
celectric
Groupie

Post by celectric »

BigMouse wrote:If anyone wants to go in on a group buy for any of this, I'll probably snag an AC pump or two, and probably a water and vacuum pump as well.
Do you have part numbers or specs for any of this?

Also, no chargers?
BigMouse

Post by BigMouse »

celectric wrote:
BigMouse wrote:If anyone wants to go in on a group buy for any of this, I'll probably snag an AC pump or two, and probably a water and vacuum pump as well.
Do you have part numbers or specs for any of this?

Also, no chargers?

All the part numbers are listed in the original ebay listing: Click here
celectric
Groupie

Post by celectric »

Great, thanks. Unfortunately when you try to Google for information about many of these part numbers, all you get are listings from the AZD auctions. Image
celectric
Groupie

Post by celectric »

I think I might give those parts a miss then, the only thing that really interests me* is the AC pump but without knowing what voltages it will run from...

* of course I am still in the group buy for the Siemens motor and if anyone can find a source for the Brusa charger! There's none on eBay yet as far as I can tell.
Stiive
Groupie

Post by Stiive »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160931785345

These are an alternative for people not requiring as much power. Id be inclined to run it at 312V delta - you'd be looking at some decent peak power before it melts.

Datasheet:

http://www.azuredynamics.com/products/f ... tSheet.pdf

Pretty cheap at $200 a pop, prob cheaper for a group buy. The guy has over 100 of them he reckons.
Rgds,
Stiive
BigMouse

Post by BigMouse »

Stiive wrote: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160931785345

These are an alternative for people not requiring as much power. Id be inclined to run it at 312V delta - you'd be looking at some decent peak power before it melts.

Datasheet:

http://www.azuredynamics.com/products/f ... tSheet.pdf

Pretty cheap at $200 a pop, prob cheaper for a group buy. The guy has over 100 of them he reckons.

I'd definately be in for a couple of those! I've been considering doing a small FWD car and one of those would be perfect. Have you contacted the seller about shipping? Anybody else want one?
AndrewVS
Noobie

Post by AndrewVS »

BigMouse wrote: I'd definately be in for a couple of those! I've been considering doing a small FWD car and one of those would be perfect. Have you contacted the seller about shipping? Anybody else want one?

I would be keen to get my hands on 4 of those AC24's, along with 5 AC compressors, water pumps and the last vaccum pump from Andy/Lloyd.
Remotecontact
Noobie

Post by Remotecontact »

Hello my fellow EV enthusiasts across the pond. It's true! I've got over 100 of the AC24LS motors, DMOC645 inverters and Siemens motors in stock right now in the US. I'm a college student and in way over my head on this stuff so I'm looking to sell most of it. I think a group buy is a good idea to save on freight.

So how about this:

DMOC645 liquid cooled. 160kw. $1250
Siemens 5135 212v rated bus. $2000
AC24LS $200.

This is a steal. I've been in the EV community a while and as an engineer myself I know the quality of these parts. I really don't want to go below these prices. Of course this is all excluding shipping.

Thanks!

- Adam

BigMouse

Post by BigMouse »

With combined shipping on a couple of those Siemens motor and DMOC controller pairs we'd probably get them landed in Ausrtralia for around $4000 per set after fees. That's very reasonable.
BigMouse

Post by BigMouse »

So, to tabulate:

Stiive's contact
Siemens motors @ $1666ea (MOQ: 6, motors only)

Lloyd/Andy
AC Pumps- 17 available, price £175 each. (AU$270)
GearBox- 2 available, price £1500 each. (AU$2305)
Motors- 16 available, price £1800 each. (AU$2766)
Heaters- 5 available, price £175 each. (AU$270)
Inverters-15 available, price £1000 each (AU$1540)
Water pumps-64available, price £75 each. (AU$115)
Vacuum pump- 2 available, price £75 each. (AU$115)
Package of all the above. (AU$5840)

Adam
DMOC645 liquid cooled. 160kw. US$1250
Siemens 5135 212v rated bus. US$2000
AC24LS US$200

If you just want a motor, Stiive's contact is going to be the way to go
If you want a motor and controller package, Adam is the way to go
If you want a complete package, Lloyd is the way to go

On a related note, I've downloaded all the AZD software tools for programming the transit connect van. Zipped and available here (130MB). I haven't had a play around with them yet, but I'm hoping they're all that's required to program those controllers. Someone will need to either get a hold of a programming tool, or design one.

One possible stumbling block I've found in the manual is that the PPR count for the encoder may not be able to be set from software and may be tied to the Siemens motor ("EE1EncoderPulses Pulses per motor encoder rev; Azure internal use only"). The same is true for many other motor parameters. This is fine if you get a package, but if you want to run any other motor from one of those controllers, it might be tricky.
Stiive
Groupie

Post by Stiive »

Im not so sure about those DMOCs. TBH i'd be waiting for someone in the US to crack the CAN bus code and/or find out if its useable.
According to Jack, the new in the box DMOCs may have no program on them - which makes them useless. Not even slightly worthwhile in parts at that price.

Rgds,
Stiive
BigMouse

Post by BigMouse »

Stiive wrote: Im not so sure about those DMOCs. TBH i'd be waiting for someone in the US to crack the CAN bus code and/or find out if its useable.
According to Jack, the new in the box DMOCs may have no program on them - which makes them useless. Not even slightly worthwhile in parts at that price.

Agreed. It would be in the interest of anyone with a large stock of those controllers to figure out how to use one. If they got one in the hands someone like you or myself so we can figure out how to make them usable, the value of all the unsold new-in-box units would go up considerably.

As it is, anyone paying $1500 (or more) for one is taking a gamble. The first person who gets one that's unusable and writes something about it online is going to effectively halt their sale (or cause a severe "for parts only" price drop).
PlanB

Post by PlanB »

1) Does anybody know if Lloyds gearbox includes the adapter plate for the Siemens motor?
2) Any idea of final shaft speed at gearbox output? If these were meant for Transit vans the bigger wheel size & lower road speed could mean a poor top speed in a car conversion?
Last edited by PlanB on Sat, 01 Dec 2012, 05:19, edited 1 time in total.
Stiive
Groupie

Post by Stiive »

BigMouse wrote: Agreed. It would be in the interest of anyone with a large stock of those controllers to figure out how to use one. If they got one in the hands someone like you or myself so we can figure out how to make them usable, the value of all the unsold new-in-box units would go up considerably.

Just so happens there's one coming to Melbourne courtesy of Jodie :P

I'm not that interested to get it working tho tbh, I've heard nothing but bad reviews on the software and capabilities of the controller even when it is working. I'd rather stick another control board to its power stage and write a decent GUI.

If there is code on it though, i'm happy to use the logic analyzer to decode the CAN output. But we can only decode the output, not what the input commands are unless we have the little unit which sends commands to the controller.
Rgds,
Stiive
Jodie
Noobie

Post by Jodie »

PlanB wrote: 1) Does anybody know if Lloyds gearbox includes the adapter plate for the Siemens motor?
2) Any idea of final shaft speed at gearbox output? If these were meant for Transit vans the bigger wheel size & lower road speed could mean a poor top speed in a car conversion?

No adapter plate but a shaft sleeve as seen on evtv.me.

With 2m tyre diameter at 10000 rpm = 145 km/h.
Or if you have little tyres at 1.5 diameter = 110km/h
Jodie
Noobie

Post by Jodie »

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It would be in the interest of anyone with a large stock of those controllers to figure out how to use one. If they got one in the hands someone like you or myself so we can figure out how to make them usable, the value of all the unsold new-in-box units would go up considerably.

As it is, anyone paying $1500 (or more) for one is taking a gamble. The first person who gets one that's unusable and writes something about it online is going to effectively halt their sale (or cause a severe "for parts only" price drop).[/QUOTE]

What gave me some hope was this quote from evtv.me
" Good news already. I’ve heard from an AZD employee. Sure enough, there is no firmware in the box. BUT it is available from AZDtec and in fact I had already downloaded it and ordere
d the diagnostic harness and hadn’t realized it. So we will have firmware in the MOC6
45. He’s also offered to gen up a basic VCU we can use as a starting point. Jack Rickard".

And this:
" We have two teams working on the VCU for the DMOC645 and I think we have the firmware problem solved too."