Share ideas?

Fo those who are not local to a branch, or looking at starting one
Hatchet
Groupie

Share ideas?

Post by Hatchet »

I believe that there are a few EV'rs in Qld particulary in Brisbane. We don't have a living branch here but this is my question. Do we have enough interested people to start a branch? Even if there is not enough to formulate a branch of AEVA or perhaps, feel a bit individual, then at least have a group of peoples to get together occasionally to discuss our projects? Whether you are AC or DC really doesn't matter (I would like to investigate AC for my next build)as we still build under NCOP13&14 also we still use a battery pack with safety devices, wiring, sensors, contactors, the whole build experience and stuff etc.

I would really be interested to see other projects as you never know what may be applicable to your own project ... or theirs. I know that timing is difficult as I'm a shift worker but is it possible to meet one on one or just get together with a few?

a few thoughts
Hatchet ... Brett
gpsnettrack
Groupie

Share ideas?

Post by gpsnettrack »

Brett,

I have just joined the forum, I am in Brisbane and I will be working on my Porsche.

The forum Admin should be able to let you know how many members are in Brisbane

Contact me at alan@gpsnettrack.com.au

Last edited by gpsnettrack on Mon, 12 Jan 2009, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
Striker
Groupie
MSN: passport2@evilhouse.net

Share ideas?

Post by Striker »

Hey Brett (and Alan),

Seeing that not many people fill out their location, finding out how many people log on to these forums from Queensland would be extremely time consuming.

That said, if you have just a handful of people, you can always start an AEVA enthusiast group, and see how that goes.

AEVA enthusiast groups are like branches, but without the office-holding positions, paperwork, bank accounts, etc.

I'm not 100% on all the details, but there are enough committee people that frequent these forums, perhaps one of them could be a little clearer.

Get some friends together, start having regular meetings, and become an AEVA enthusiast group today.

--Striker.
[EDIT: spelling..]
Last edited by Striker on Tue, 13 Jan 2009, 04:21, edited 1 time in total.
"Remember, remember the eleventh of September,
the government treason and plot.
I know of no reason why the government treason
should ever be forgot."
Hatchet
Groupie

Share ideas?

Post by Hatchet »

An enthusiast group sounds like a good idea. While the forums are full of info I'd like to see how some put their cars together.

Brett
Striker
Groupie
MSN: passport2@evilhouse.net

Share ideas?

Post by Striker »

If you get a bunch of people together, and you all frequent these forums, let myself or Andrew know, and we'll give you your own "Brisbane Enthusiast Group" area.

--Striker.
"Remember, remember the eleventh of September,
the government treason and plot.
I know of no reason why the government treason
should ever be forgot."