AEVA Members: your Forum Login (here) is NOT the same as your new AEVA member login.
You do not need to change your existing Forum login.

Terminal posts!!!

IF YOU ARE NOT A FINANCIAL MEMBER OR YOU HAVE LESS THAN 30 POSTS AND YOU POST ANYTHING FOR SALE, IT WILL BE DELETED.
Forum rules
All may view this forum, only AEVA Members may post here.
jonescg

Terminal posts!!!

Post by jonescg »

https://www.altronics.com.au/search/all ... ion%2Bpost

I have been suffering for the past 10 years trying to make these myself, and finally Altronics comes up with a product. The 48 volt rating is a bit lame, but for single supports I can't see these being an issue for up to 400 V DC.

AEVA National Secretary, WA branch chair.

Bryce
Groupie

Re: Terminal posts!!!

Post by Bryce »

Hi Chris - I investigated these a while ago - the 48V relates to their use for forklifts, the manufacturer never bothered to gt them rated for anything higher. If the material used has a breakdown voltage significantly above 400V and the terminal distances are far enough from conductive surfaces - then they should be alright, but you'd need to document all this as they relate to the vehicle voltages for your approving engineer if there is no voltage test rating certificate above 48V DC for them.

Cheers
Bryce
AEVA Vic Branch Secretary
AEVA national newsletter editor
Current EV drives: Kona electric
Past drives: 2011 Blade Getz, 2011 Leaf, 2001 Citroen Berlingo conversion
Past Conversions: DC Berlingo, AC Berlingo, AC Sprinter

jonescg

Re: Terminal posts!!!

Post by jonescg »

Bryce wrote:
Wed, 01 Apr 2020, 07:37
Hi Chris - I investigated these a while ago - the 48V relates to their use for forklifts, the manufacturer never bothered to gt them rated for anything higher. If the material used has a breakdown voltage significantly above 400V and the terminal distances are far enough from conductive surfaces - then they should be alright, but you'd need to document all this as they relate to the vehicle voltages for your approving engineer if there is no voltage test rating certificate above 48V DC for them.

Cheers
Bryce
Well the alternative is I make my own, which certainly won't be as nice and don't come with a certificate. The only concern I have is the proximity of the bolt heads to the underside - if they are fully exposed then they are no good for being fixes to a metal backing plate. However a polymer one would be OK. Might be worth filling the backside with epoxy to be sure there's no conductive path should it get wet.
AEVA National Secretary, WA branch chair.